Ford Inventory Discussion

A lot of the inventory on dealer sites shows "in transit" so who knows what is really parked on the lot and what little there is, gets sold before it gets offloaded from the transport.  

Edited by Quags

3 hours ago, Quags said:

A lot of the inventory on dealer sites shows "in transit" so who knows what is really parked on the lot and what little there is, gets sold before it gets offloaded from the transport.  

Dealers can filter their inventory so that their website only shows units in stock. 

46 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers can filter their inventory so that their website only shows units in stock. 

Agree.  Use the filter and they will magically disappear.   

Edited by Quags

5 hours ago, Quags said:

because of complete lack of inventory Dealers are  actually pre-selling units that are in Transit...so makes sense...annoying though.

• Like 2

Ford's Vehicle Visibility Bulletin Board feature, for vehicles traced past their original ETA, is now identifying produced vehicles being held due to the microchip issue. In the past, the "Track & Trace" function has been totally worthless. At least this new addition helps identify vehicles being held due to the microchip issue. 

Vehicle Visibility_Bulletin Board_ Micro Chip_Sample.jpg

On 5/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, ice-capades said:

Is that something a customer can do on an internet search? Ice Capades I know is a very skilled dealer employee. Would an average salesperson be able to navigate the system? Know from manufacturing there are "Late Unit Reports". Some are expert at generating and interpreting the reports, others, not so much. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paintguy said:

Is that something a customer can do on an internet search? Ice Capades I know is a very skilled dealer employee. Would an average salesperson be able to navigate the system? Know from manufacturing there are "Late Unit Reports". Some are expert at generating and interpreting the reports, others, not so much. 

On the FordDirect dealership sites that include vehicles "In Transit" there should be a filter to select "In Transit" vehicles. In addition, on the search results pages, there will be a "Status" notice showing whether the vehicle is "In Stock" or "In Transit". The "In Transit" status will clear after the vehicle has been delivered to the dealership and the delivery status is processed by Ford. 

• Like 2

The Inventory Manager function in the Vehicle Locator program that dealerships use at the FMCDealer.com portal to manage their inventory, search for desired inventory at other dealerships (Dealer Trades) and other functions now includes an "On Hold" notice for any vehicles that are being held due to the microchip shortage. In addition, the affected vehicles will not be available for transfer to other dealerships. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ford inventory at the dealership level is going to get a lot worse over the next couple of months. My dealership's inventory is now down 85% from the usual stocking level. And to make matters worse... I just saw the new wholesale numbers for July production... 10 vehicles! 1 Mustang, 5 Bronco Sport's, 3 Ranger's, 1 Transit!

• Angry 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Well... that's all that will be scheduled other than retail orders. 

So basically if you want something you should order it.  The few vehicles arriving at dealerships will likely be claimed as they are being unloaded if not before then.

June 1 inventory numbers (days supply based on May sales)

Fusion……………………….……800 (17 days)

Mustang….……………….…4,000 (23 days)

Ecosport………………….…8,400 (44 days)

Bronco Sport………….….7,100 (12 days)

Escape……………….…….16,300 (21 days)

Edge……………………..…….7,000 (36 days)

Explorer………………..….15,600 (25 days)

Expedition……………..…..8,900 (26 days)

Mustang Mach E………4,700 (63 days)

Ranger..………………………8,900 (16 days)

F Series………………..….75,000 (42 days)

E Series………………….…..6,100 (76 days)

Transit………………………..7,300 (23 days)

Transit Connect…………5,400 (41 days)

MKZ…………………….…………100 (26 days)

Continental…………………..300 (46 days)

Corsair………………………..2,400 (27 days)

Nautilus……………….……..2,400 (30 days)

Aviator……………………..….1,600 (22 days)

Navigator…………………….1,700 (30 days)

Edited by jpd80

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wow those numbers are a lot better than I thought they would be. I wonder why they aren't getting them out to dealers

Those numbers tell us nothing about the trim mix but I suspect that anything to sell is better than nothing…

49 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh, well that blows my last comment right out of the water then 

Don’t feel too bad, getting any sort of numbers these days is tricky but it shows the cupboard is getting bare,

when chip supplies return, all plants will be running hard to stay in front of demand, even through winter.

Edited by jpd80

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

June 1 inventory numbers (days supply based on May sales)

Fusion……………………….……800 (17 days)

Mustang….……………….…4,000 (23 days)

Ecosport………………….…8,400 (44 days)

Bronco Sport………….….7,100 (12 days)

Escape……………….…….16,300 (21 days)

Edge……………………..…….7,000 (36 days)

Explorer………………..….15,600 (25 days)

Expedition……………..…..8,900 (26 days)

Mustang Mach E………4,700 (63 days)

Ranger..………………………8,900 (16 days)

F Series………………..….75,000 (42 days)

E Series………………….…..6,100 (76 days)

Transit………………………..7,300 (23 days)

Transit Connect…………5,400 (41 days)

MKZ…………………….…………100 (26 days)

Continental…………………..300 (46 days)

Corsair………………………..2,400 (27 days)

Nautilus……………….……..2,400 (30 days)

Aviator……………………..….1,600 (22 days)

Navigator…………………….1,700 (30 days)

It doesn't matter but I'm just curious, anyway to know the F series break down? F150#, F250#, F350#  and the rest?

14 hours ago, mink said:

It doesn't matter but I'm just curious, anyway to know the F series break down? F150#, F250#, F350#  and the rest?

At one time the sales split was something like 60/40 F150/Superduty but who knows right now.

• Like 1