Ford Inventory Discussion

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

You know what, I completely forgot about Ram overtaking Silverado, even though it was in front of me on my color charts...

Ford had a 54,961 unit lead over Ram in Q1.  Ram had a good Q2, and I have everyone's Q2 numbers, but am awaiting Ford's results......not sure if they come tomorrow or next week?

Just heard that Toyota outsold GM in Q2 but GM still leads Toyota  in H1 sales.

Ford reports Friday.

Edited by jpd80

Local Ford inventory is drying up real fast now and the local June sales numbers reflect it. With little inventory in the pipeline and inventory levels not expected to improve until September, the July and August sales numbers are going to be downright scary. Local inventory is now down 80-90% from traditional stocking levels.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Local Ford inventory is drying up real fast now and the local June sales numbers reflect it. With little inventory in the pipeline and inventory levels not expected to improve until September, the July and August sales numbers are going to be downright scary. Local inventory is now down 80-90% from traditional stocking levels.  

Mullinax Ford, the biggest seller of trucks in FL is now down to less than 300 vehicles, and not all of those are on the lot. Those 300 cover about 5 Mullinax dealers scattered throughout Central FL. No Escape hybrids left and LAP will be barely open by the end if July. About 50 F150s and 30 Super Duty. Super Duty huge seller in Central FL. I see 3 times more loaded Super Duties than F150. Contractors love the Super Duty. 

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Mullinax Ford, the biggest seller of trucks in FL is now down to less than 300 vehicles, and not all of those are on the lot. Those 300 cover about 5 Mullinax dealers scattered throughout Central FL. No Escape hybrids left and LAP will be barely open by the end if July. About 50 F150s and 30 Super Duty. Super Duty huge seller in Central FL. I see 3 times more loaded Super Duties than F150. Contractors love the Super Duty. 

It's nuts isn't it. I drove buy the largest (by volume) dealership in IL and it didn't seem like they had much new inventory. Used inventory seemed to be decent. I am going by on Wednesday for an oil change so I will get a better look.

This has made me feel better about extending my warranty on my Fusion. It's pretty clear I am going to keep it for a while since there will not be any deals and/or selection that I want for a while. Ranger, Maverick, Escape hybrid, and Bronco are on my list for new vehicles. I don't see inventory getting that much better in the next 6 months.

7 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's nuts isn't it. I drove buy the largest (by volume) dealership in IL and it didn't seem like they had much new inventory. Used inventory seemed to be decent. I am going by on Wednesday for an oil change so I will get a better look.

This has made me feel better about extending my warranty on my Fusion. It's pretty clear I am going to keep it for a while since there will not be any deals and/or selection that I want for a while. Ranger, Maverick, Escape hybrid, and Bronco are on my list for new vehicles. I don't see inventory getting that much better in the next 6 months.

While there won’t be much Ford   inventory in the next six months, you can bet that Ford will be

shipping everything it makes - so Just In Time delivery if you will and tight pricing/ no or low incentive.

Just a suggestion,

There might be an opportunity for you to benefit from this by selling your Fusion while the prices are inflated

and picking up a new vehicle financed a very low%. Financing would give you a bit of time to sell the Fusion 

and allow a better, cleaner no trade deal on a new vehicle…as chip shortage abates, ETAs on new vehicles 

should get more predictable….

Edited by jpd80

Looks like Farley is really going to earn his money now if he's going to clean up all the supplier issues....chip shortage, parts issues with the Mach E, hard top issues with the Bronco, and looks like other parts like back up cameras that stretch many months. 

July 1 inventory (total)

Fusion……………………….300

Mustang………………..5,100

Ecosport………………..5,700

Bronco…………….…….2,100

Bronco Sport…….….5,500

Mustang Mach E….4,800

Escape…………………..7,500

Edge……………………….4,500

Explorer…………….…17,800

Expedition………….….6,100

Ranger………………….…7,900

F Series…………..…...67,400

Transit………………….…9,900

E Series………………….5,100

Transit Connect.……3,300

Continental………………..200

MKZ……………………….…..——

Corsair………………………1,600

Nautilus……………….…..1,200

Aviator……………………….1,700

Navigator………………....1,100

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

July 1 inventory (total)

Fusion……………………….300

Mustang………………..5,100

Ecosport………………..5,700

Bronco…………….…….2,100

Bronco Sport…….….5,500

Mustang Mach E….4,800

Escape…………………..7,500

Edge……………………….4,500

Explorer…………….…17,800

Expedition………….….6,100

Ranger………………….…7,900

F Series…………..…...67,400

Transit………………….…9,900

E Series………………….5,100

Transit Connect.……3,300

Continental………………..200

MKZ……………………….…..——

Corsair………………………1,600

Nautilus……………….…..1,200

Aviator……………………….1,700

Navigator………………....1,100

Pour one out to remember the MKZ. It took a while (2013 MY) but that was the catalyst to the Lincoln we see today (in my opinion). You could see them ....actually trying to make a well differentiated product from it's Ford sibling. Trying to make a credible luxury car. It wasn't perfect but it seemed that each following Lincoln product got to push the envelope more and more. 

Too bad luxury car sales (other than a few) tanked thanks to all sorts of luxury SUV's.

47 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Pour one out to remember the MKZ. It took a while (2013 MY) but that was the catalyst to the Lincoln we see today (in my opinion). You could see them ....actually trying to make a well differentiated product from it's Ford sibling. Trying to make a credible luxury car. It wasn't perfect but it seemed that each following Lincoln product got to push the envelope more and more. 

Too bad luxury car sales (other than a few) tanked thanks to all sorts of luxury SUV's.

Yes the 2nd Gen mkz and mkx along with the MKS were the first step away from badge engineering.

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

July 1 inventory (total)

Fusion……………………….300

Mustang………………..5,100

Ecosport………………..5,700

Bronco…………….…….2,100

Bronco Sport…….….5,500

Mustang Mach E….4,800

Escape…………………..7,500

Edge……………………….4,500

Explorer…………….…17,800

Expedition………….….6,100

Ranger………………….…7,900

F Series…………..…...67,400

Transit………………….…9,900

E Series………………….5,100

Transit Connect.……3,300

Continental………………..200

MKZ……………………….…..——

Corsair………………………1,600

Nautilus……………….…..1,200

Aviator……………………….1,700

Navigator………………....1,100

Does the 67,000 F Series number include those built but parked for lack of parts? I would think yes. Mullinax usually has at least 1,500 FSeries in inventory and now has less than 90. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Does the 67,000 F Series number include those built but parked for lack of parts? I would think yes. Mullinax usually has at least 1,500 FSeries in inventory and now has less than 90. 

I would say yes to it including trucks without ECUs but equally, Ford was

only prepared to go so far with doing that before it halted production.

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

July 1 inventory (total)

Fusion……………………….300

Mustang………………..5,100

Ecosport………………..5,700

Bronco…………….…….2,100

Bronco Sport…….….5,500

Mustang Mach E….4,800

Escape…………………..7,500

Edge……………………….4,500

Explorer…………….…17,800

Expedition………….….6,100

Ranger………………….…7,900

F Series…………..…...67,400

Transit………………….…9,900

E Series………………….5,100

Transit Connect.……3,300

Continental………………..200

MKZ……………………….…..——

Corsair………………………1,600

Nautilus……………….…..1,200

Aviator……………………….1,700

Navigator………………....1,100

I would question those numbers...especially the Bronco pairing...we have ZERO, also Mach E...zero and all the rest is max 4 or 5...dare I say it, that's counting vehicles in Transit or perhaps still at the plant...I know that's whats happening to our own website...we show F150s on our site...that have barely reached "in production stage " so it cannot be a head count of vehicles actually in stock and avail...

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

I would question those numbers...especially the Bronco pairing...we have ZERO, also Mach E...zero and all the rest is max 4 or 5...dare I say it, that's counting vehicles in Transit or perhaps still at the plant...I know that's whats happening to our own website...we show F150s on our site...that have barely reached "in production stage " so it cannot be a head count of vehicles actually in stock and avail...

That’s total inventory not just national dealer stock……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes the 2nd Gen mkz and mkx along with the MKS were the first step away from badge engineering.

7 hours ago, slemke said:

Mkt was no flex either.  Those products showed the way to the differentiation we have today.

The push to differentiate Lincolns from Fords began with DEW 98....the chassis was co-developed by Ford and Jaguar and underpinned Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird, Jaguar S type and Jaguar XF. The cars shared chassis, but not much else.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

The push to differentiate Lincolns from Fords began with DEW 98....the chassis was co-developed by Ford and Jaguar and underpinned Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird, Jaguar S type and Jaguar XF. The cars shared chassis, but not much else.

It was clearly a JLR platform as the Ford V8 could not be used, JLR fought every attempt by Ford to use DEW for Lincoln LS and Thunderbird. I think everyone on both sides were relieved when JLR was sold to TATA.

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

How could I forget - I had a 2000 LS V8 sport.  But it was killed in 2007 and it took another generation to get past the badge jobs.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

It was clearly a JLR platform as the Ford V8 could not be used, JLR fought every attempt by Ford to use DEW for Lincoln LS and Thunderbird. 

That was obvious when Ford reduced the jag AJV8 stroke by 1mm which dropped the displacement from 4.0 to 3.9.  And no supercharged version.  That was a sweet engine but relatively underpowered by today’s standards.

20 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Sad isnt it...we have zero Bronco Sports coming this month as well!

As the weeks go by, one can certainly conclude that Ford was hurt far more by the chip shortage  than any other auto maker by a significant margin.

For example, LAP has been closed for about 6 weeks and will only be open at reduced capacity later this month. I know Mullinax has 0 Bronco Sports this month. These 2 are big volume sellers for Ford dealers. You would think Ford would at least be able to keep up with FSeries production, but even there it's down to drips.

I'm beginning to think Ford production is down more than 50% with GM down about 30% and looks like Stellantis is about same. 

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

As the weeks go by, one can certainly conclude that Ford was hurt far more by the chip shortage  than any other auto maker by a significant margin.

For example, LAP has been closed for about 6 weeks and will only be open at reduced capacity later this month. I know Mullinax has 0 Bronco Sports this month. These 2 are big volume sellers for Ford dealers. You would think Ford would at least be able to keep up with FSeries production, but even there it's down to drips.

I'm beginning to think Ford production is down more than 50% with GM down about 30% and looks like Stellantis is about same. 

I don't think Ford was hurt more than anyone else, everyone is in the exact same boa...it may look that way on the surface...primarily because of how it effected their #1 selling vehicle in America...the F150....but...hot off the Autoblog presses "Ford has secured a supply of microchips for its F-Series production lines — a crucial step toward righting the company's 2021 sales trajectory."

Edited by Deanh