OAC BEV Clay Model?

It could be anything... not enough context and information to make a call. Don't see any Ford styling cues and looks a bit too big to be Ford MEB. Ford already said they are only using MEB for compact/C-segment size and below vehicles. If this is really the same size as ID.4 and Mach E, then it is more Edge size, which is using Ford's Model E platform. 

29 minutes ago, bzcat said:

It could be anything... not enough context and information to make a call. Don't see any Ford styling cues and looks a bit too big to be Ford MEB. Ford already said they are only using MEB for compact/C-segment size and below vehicles. If this is really the same size as ID.4 and Mach E, then it is more Edge size, which is using Ford's Model E platform. 

Looks way too small to be midsized.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

It’s still a compact but the short overhangs front and rear throws off perception of actual size.

And you’re right, this could be anything but maybe signals that the most space efficient design

going forward is  to place a wheel at each corner of BEVs, the same way as the British Mini did

in the 1960s. A design like that offers a ton of interior space in a smaller outside package but

it also gives a longer wheelbase big car ride in a compact vehicle, a big selling point.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

It’s still a compact but the short overhangs front and rear throws off perception of actual size.

And you’re right, this could be anything but maybe signals that the most space efficient design

going forward is  to place a wheel at each corner of BEVs, the same way as the British Mini did

in the 1960s. A design like that offers a ton of interior space in a smaller outside package but

it also gives a longer wheelbase big car ride in a compact vehicle, a big selling point.

Looking at the photos again and I think you are right... it is a compact. The article said it is about the size of ID.4 or Mach E but clearly it is not. Check out the size of the wheels... assuming they are 18" (which is typical now days on compact CUVs), this thing is going to be roughly the size of Bronco Sport but with longer wheelbase.

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

It’s small but then again I seen a report saying Corsair EV coming in 2020 whatever here so who knows. I thought that meb picture is for the German plant 

Presumably Ford wouldn't be designing two different MEB CUV of the same size so whatever goes in Cologne will also be in Oakville and Chongqing. We are basically talking about next gen Escape/Kuga.

Edited by bzcat

26 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Presumably Ford wouldn't be designing two different MEB CUV of the same size so whatever goes in Cologne will also be in Oakville and Chongqing. We are basically talking about next gen Escape/Kuga.

That’s true kinda makes me wonder why they would be smaller vehicles in Canada since we have such high labor costs according to the bean counters. We do have that free trade agreement with Europe so that could be a factor. I think you’re right though about the vehicles being built at more than one facility.

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Looking at the photos again and I think you are right... it is a compact. The article said it is about the size of ID.4 or Mach E but clearly it is not. Check out the size of the wheels... assuming they are 18" (which is typical now days on compact CUVs), this thing is going to be roughly the size of Bronco Sport but with longer wheelbase.

Exactly and where the interior volume falls will determine which EPA size it conforms to.

Theres a lot of exciting possibilities with BEVs, I hope Ford has the good sense to test the limits.

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

My local dealer had a Mach e and I went and checked it out. It’s a small vehicle and pretty low to the ground as it is. It’s hard to imagine this being smaller and lower.

I agree. Every time I see one I feel like calling it an SUV is a stretch because it looks and stands more like a hatchback car. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I agree. Every time I see one I feel like calling it an SUV is a stretch because it looks and stands more like a hatchback car. 

In an alternate reality, it would be called a Mustang Mach E fastback. But in this reality, everything is a SUV. 

Terms like SUV, crossover and Utilities in general are marketing term that struggle to convey precision 

in distinguishing the variety of vehicles that are now becoming the norm for many buyers.

And then you have international markets and reporters who persist with calling everything cars and SUVs,
no wonder that some potential buyers get mixed messages on what vehicles are called.