2021 Mustang Mach 1 performance / aftermarket parts

DoogieUSA

Took delivery of my 2021 Mach 1 last week and I'm having difficulty finding aftermarket exhaust components.  Checked with many companies with no luck at this time.  Ford Performance has nothing to offer as well.  probably going to have to wait until testing is completed.  Any help is appreciated. 

18 hours ago, DoogieUSA said:

Took delivery of my 2021 Mach 1 last week and I'm having difficulty finding aftermarket exhaust components.  Checked with many companies with no luck at this time.  Ford Performance has nothing to offer as well.  probably going to have to wait until testing is completed.  Any help is appreciated. 

What exactly are you looking for?    How is the exhaust system any different than any S550 GT?

18 hours ago, DoogieUSA said:

Just curious... What exactly are you looking for? The Mach 1 factory exhaust isn't good enough?

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just curious... What exactly are you looking for? The Mach 1 factory exhaust isn't good enough?

I am not aware of any exhaust system differences between the Mach 1 and other GTs.   I have a 2018 with active exhaust.   I did replace the resonator with an H-pipe.   I would be surprised if aftermarket exhaust components for 2018-2021 Mustangs wouldn't fit a Mach 1.

It's been brought to my attention from speaking with Ford performance there may be fitment issues choosing 2018-2021 aftermarket exhaust not related to the Mach 1.  I have an open ticket to contact me back with further information after consulting with department engineers at Ford.  Good news will come of this in due time.  First order of business will be to delete the resonator and replace with a H pipe hoping the sound decibels will increase to my pleasing.  Less cost than jumping in with a roughly 2 thousand dollar cat back exhaust.  Thanks for the feedback all. 

Deleting the resonator in favor of an H-pipe does provide a deeper and more "muscle car" sound.    If you have the active exhaust, the quiet mode is very pleasant around town or in the neighborhood where you do not necessarily want to bring attention to yourself.    Track mode at WOT sounds much like a NASCAR race car.   Steeda makes a great H-pipe and the price is right.   Some muffler shops can make one, too, but probably at a higher price than buying one from Steeda.   This is just a start up in Normal mode:

My company car for a lot of years was a Mustang GT and every one was equipped with the Active Valve Performance Exhaust option since it became available. I've also seen a lot of Mustang's over the years that were in for service and happened to be modified by their owners. I understand those that want to modify their vehicles for various reasons but personally find that a lot of the modifications don't add much to the vehicle. 

My only thought is that if I'd just taken delivery of a 2021 Mustang Mach 1, I'd drive it for a bit and get to know the car before deciding to do modifications. I like performance cars factory stock but that's just my opinion.  

Thanks for your informative reply.  When I called Steeda regarding the H pipe and its fitment qualification I was informed that they just installed one on a Mach 1 today without any issues.  With that said I ordered one as today as well.  Offered me a promo code for 10% off the sale.  Terrific customer service indeed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, DoogieUSA said:

Thanks for your informative reply.  When I called Steeda regarding the H pipe and its fitment qualification I was informed that they just installed one on a Mach 1 today without any issues.  With that said I ordered one as today as well.  Offered me a promo code for 10% off the sale.  Terrific customer service indeed.

Doogie, after you install the H-pipe, your car will sound like this at wide open throttle:   (be careful what you wish for...lol)

That's funny to me,  first evaluation of that short clip is that it's not a true representation of the 2021 Mach 1 and its obvious.  Secondly, there is no descriptive information regarding mods already performed on that mustang.  So, I'm not moved by your interpretation. You did cause me to chuckle a bit though.  It's all good.  Thanks for chiming in.      

15 hours ago, DoogieUSA said:

That's funny to me,  first evaluation of that short clip is that it's not a true representation of the 2021 Mach 1 and its obvious.  Secondly, there is no descriptive information regarding mods already performed on that mustang.  So, I'm not moved by your interpretation. You did cause me to chuckle a bit though.  It's all good.  Thanks for chiming in.      

Why the snarky-assed response? 

If you think my post was designed to "move" you, you are quite mistaken.   Your original post asked for help regarding exhaust mods.   I suggested a Steeda H-pipe and thought sound clips might be of help.   I guess I should just let you continue thinking your Mach 1 has some exotic exhaust system.   Lol.

• Haha 1

Okay, Okay , Brucelinc....lighten up fellow mustang fan.  No intent to "Bring anyone down".  After reviewing my post I admit the response was a little harsh and I could have choose my words with consideration to your reply, but at the same time you did not speak to the facts leading up the video.  Yes, you did suggest an H-pipe and am I appreciate your input however there are no details pertaining to the mods that may have contributed to the retched over the top sound the video portrays.  Year, Long tube headers, supercharger, exhaust specifications etc.  I will try going forward to be more conscience of my reply as I expect one from you and anyone else around the next bend in the road.  Update:  The Mach 1 is currently being PPF'd in northern Virginia.  I did my homework on this stage and am having it custom wrapped v/s pattern application at a premium uhhh.  After that I have the Steeda H-Pipe installed by my speed shop.  A half hour job....cut and paste...done! Windows tinted by the best installer east of the Mississippi.  He has been our go to guy for years on all our families rides.  Mike the installer just started his own business leaving 3M for years of service and he is overwhelmed.  My appointment is slated for May 7th.  He is about a half hour away from me in Martinsburg WV.  After that well, drive her with respect up to say 5 thousand RPM give or take for 1000 mile break in than get to the track to bring my adrenaline to a satisfactory level.  Hope this reply tonight finds everyone well today at Blue Oval Forum.  Thanks to every subscriber, that include you Brucelinc and our moderators for contributing.  Intend to keep everyone posted.  Ps: Mustang meet in Ocean City Maryland 22rd and 23th of May 2021.  Hope to see you there!