2022 Ford Expedition News

https://www.autospies.com/news/index.aspx?submissionid=105334

All the spy photos have the 15in screen in the expy, but the above article states an "insider" said the expy will mirror the f150s interior again.  Can anyone confirm this speculation of the new expy?  How about any news of the navigator?  If the generator option is true, will both trucks get it and how will it work? I would assume the truck will be revealed in June or July, but no new info has been released as of yet. 

Edited by Dlcorbett

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

https://www.autospies.com/news/index.aspx?submissionid=105334

All the spy photos have the 15in screen in the expy, but the above article states an "insider" said the expy will mirror the f150s interior again.  Can anyone confirm this speculation of the new expy?  How about any news of the navigator?  If the generator option is true, will both trucks get it and how will it work? I would assume the truck will be revealed in June or July, but no new info has been released as of yet. 

Other than spy photos, it's too early to know anything for certain. The real confirmation of any changes will come when the 2022MY order guides are released which probably won't be until September. 

• Like 1

Well, we've seen the spy photos with the Mach E's vertical screen, so I kind of doubt that report of it sharing F-150's dash still, unless it shares components of it - like maybe the center stack is different but the driver and passenger panels are the same?

I doubt they'd go the Yukon Denali route and have an F-150 dash in lower trims and a separate dash for upper trims.  I was surprised when GM did that, but the lower trims use the Tahoe/Suburban dash, so they have scale there, while the Denali got a different upper part to the dash (lower parts are identical).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, tbone said:

The interior is one of the main reasons we didn’t buy an Expedition last year.  I hope they don’t use the F150 interior, as I think it should be differentiated from the trucks.  

Im sure they'll at least use the hard points but I don't expect it to be drastically different than what they use now just because it's a refresh and not a total redesign. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im sure they'll at least use the hard points but I don't expect it to be drastically different than what they use now just because it's a refresh and not a total redesign. 

13 hours ago, tbone said:

The interior is one of the main reasons we didn’t buy an Expedition last year.  I hope they don’t use the F150 interior, as I think it should be differentiated from the trucks.  

We've seen it's getting a unique dash this time around, using the Mach E's screen.

Upon further inspection, and looking at the gauge cluster area and glove box, it appears the panels in front of the driver and passenger may be the same as F-150, but it's obviously getting its own center stack with the Mach E screen and unique center air vents.  The center console area unsurprisingly seems to be carryover since it's a refresh.

2022 Ford Expedition to Get Mustang Mach-E Screen, Timberline Trim

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

There hasn't been any new spy shots or Info.  I would guess, if we get new, revealing photos, that the reveal would be soon after, most likely around July time frame.

I'm guessing since it's sharing the F-150 Lightning's dash, that they want to reveal that first, and not give it away with Expedition.  So my guess is we'll see this shown not long after Lightning debuts.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 5:12 AM, rmc523 said:

I'm guessing since it's sharing the F-150 Lightning's dash, that they want to reveal that first, and not give it away with Expedition.  So my guess is we'll see this shown not long after Lightning debuts.

I think ur right?  The spied f150 lightning interior looks exactly like the expy Interior mules.

image.thumb.png.88c4e6ad83bb6e7bd4e32a5d068981ba.png

On 5/17/2021 at 2:12 PM, rmc523 said:

Yeah that is most likely, the Expy should debut in the upcoming weeks

1 hour ago, chucky2 said:

Vertical cup holders...no, no no no no no.... ?

How else would you put cupholders? If they were horizontal your drink would  fall out and spill.

Unless of course you are actually referring to TANDEM cupholders and instead prefer side-by-side.

1 hour ago, buddysystem said:

I agree, I think the big screen lightning dash we saw last night is the new Expy dash.  Maybe a 12" screen on the XLT?

Yeah, the Expy interior should be almost a copy of the Lightning.

On the other hand, I wonder how the interior of the Navi would look? They'll use a horizontal orientation dash like on the Aviator. 

During one of the ford lightning videos, they show renderings of the lariat interior and it looks like the gas f150 with the 15in screen inbedded in it but I can find no official photos.  Honestly, it was integrated into the dash much better than the platinum screen, though the plat had better furnishings.  Either way, it's a huge improvement.

4 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah, the Expy interior should be almost a copy of the Lightning.

On the other hand, I wonder how the interior of the Navi would look? They'll use a horizontal orientation dash like on the Aviator. 

I'd imagine it'll get at least the 12" screen.

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

During one of the ford lightning videos, they show renderings of the lariat interior and it looks like the gas f150 with the 15in screen inbedded in it but I can find no official photos.  Honestly, it was integrated into the dash much better than the platinum screen, though the plat had better furnishings.  Either way, it's a huge improvement.

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'd imagine it'll get at least the 12" screen.

2022 Ford F-150 Lightning

I guess the Expy would get both the 12in (XLT maybe) and the 15.5in in the Platinum.

And if the Expy gets the 15.5i the Navi should also receive that screen (would make sense to me to use the smaller 13.2in from the Nautilus)