Is a Bronco Pickup a real possibility?

blksn8k2

What are the odds Ford will actually add a pickup variant to the "big" Bronco lineup? I've read all the articles that were prompted by the design sketches from a Ford video but that was over a year ago and there hasn't been much, if anything, since. My ideal vision of a Bronco pickup would be a four-door hybrid model with a V6 EcoBoost and an optional onboard generator similar to the F-150 PowerBoost. It would have a minimum tow rating of 7000 lbs and be available with all the same options as the non-pickup Bronco, including a removable top. That I would trade my F-150 for in a heartbeat. Just make it available in the same classic Grabber Green metallic as my EB.

And if Ford does decide to do one, how does that affect the Ranger? 

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

What are the odds Ford will actually add a pickup variant to the "big" Bronco lineup? I've read all the articles that were prompted by the design sketches from a Ford video but that was over a year ago and there hasn't been much, if anything, since. My ideal vision of a Bronco pickup would be a four-door hybrid model with a V6 EcoBoost and an optional onboard generator similar to the F-150 PowerBoost. It would have a minimum tow rating of 7000 lbs and be available with all the same options as the non-pickup Bronco, including a removable top. That I would trade my F-150 for in a heartbeat. Just make it available in the same classic Grabber Green metallic as my EB.

And if Ford does decide to do one, how does that affect the Ranger? 

I doubt a Bronco pick-up is much of a priority until they can launch the Bronco and fill the backlog of orders that will keep the plant busy through the 2022 Model Year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I doubt a Bronco pick-up is much of a priority until they can launch the Bronco and fill the backlog of orders that will keep the plant busy through the 2022 Model Year. 

Plus NG Ranger and Bronco Warthog and all the fun that comes with those is right around the corner. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, Buckin' said:

I think it'll eventually happen. Despite rumors to the contrary, the Gladiator is pretty successful. I would think it's being worked on but first a lot of ordered Broncos need to get built over the next year or so.

I get that but the designers don't work on the assembly line and they don't get paid to sit on their butts either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, Buckin' said:

I think it'll eventually happen. Despite rumors to the contrary, the Gladiator is pretty successful. I would think it's being worked on but first a lot of ordered Broncos need to get built over the next year or so.

The big difference between the Gladiator and Ford creating a Bronco pickup is that Stellantis doesn't have another midsize pickup (a la the Ranger) to contend / compete against (yet) in NA.  Yes, they are different enough to where they could be sold side-by-side, but one of them would most likely suffer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

The big difference between the Gladiator and Ford creating a Bronco pickup is that Stellantis doesn't have another midsize pickup (a la the Ranger) to contend / compete against (yet) in NA.  Yes, they are different enough to where they could be sold side-by-side, but one of them would most likely suffer.

I believe a Ram Dakota is in the works. I guess the thinking is that it's better to take sales from yourself than have another company do it.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...