More Problems with the 2021 Mach-E

1999 White C5 Coupe

It's a software issue that Ford will fix, just not an "over the air" update....not the end of the world.

The Ford bulletin said the problem may be related to the powertrain control module. The company told Reuters the situation is a "software glitch, which results in the small battery discharging while a larger high-voltage battery pack is charging."

The issue affects vehicles built on or before Feb. 3, Ford said. While the company has touted the potential for over-the-air updates, this fix requires a dealer visit.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
50 minutes ago, akirby said:

Are you sure about that?  Or was it built last year and delivered in February?

Ordered 6/11/21, In production 12/15/21, Build date 2/14/22, and now I'm waiting for it to come in. Idk if it was built in December and was just on chip hold, but I'm guessing the electrical problems this post was referring to don't affect my order. I'm new to these forums which is why this is news to me.

1 hour ago, FlyHighCrue said:

Ordered 6/11/21, In production 12/15/21, Build date 2/14/22, and now I'm waiting for it to come in. Idk if it was built in December and was just on chip hold, but I'm guessing the electrical problems this post was referring to don't affect my order. I'm new to these forums which is why this is news to me.

It had to leave the line in December, otherwise they can’t legally call it a 2021.

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

It had to leave the line in December, otherwise they can’t legally call it a 2021.

I thought so as well. I thought they were supposed to convert it to a 2022, but I guess not. Could it be based on production date?

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=3FMTK3RM9MMA54359

Edit: The Ford order tracking hasn't been reliable lately, so that link may or may not work depending on the time you click it.

Edited by FlyHighCrue

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

It was most likely built late December and held for microchips which weren’t installed until 2/14.  That’s the only scenario that makes sense.  They can’t just convert it to a 2022.

Okay that's what I was trying to convey I my earlier response, that it was built in December but on a chip hold. Yea I guess "converting" it to another year doesn't make any sense.