Bronco to get own showroom

Seems a bit extreme but with all the accessory sales and off-shoots making Bronco essentially a sub-brand I guess it makes sense but it begs the question, will Mustang get it's own showroom too?

https://samacharcentral.com/ford-bronco-will-get-its-own-showrooms/

also an AN article, but you need a subscription to read it..

https://www.autonews.com/sales/about-100-ford-dealers-invest-dedicated-bronco-stores

image.png.d6fa553971c5b567e4698166fdac272a.png

image.png.2d0d6f40e5e03a9ee170749e9cbe3194.png

Edited by twintornados
  • Thanks 1

Now this is an interesting departure for some dealerships and now that they’re making this commitment,

maybe Ford could look at say, adding more Bronco variants (Bronco pickup and Bronco Max?)

Wil be interesting to see just how far Ford is pepped to go with sb banding....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not to the extent of a separate Bronco showroom or building but Ford started offering all types of Bronco merchandising materials some time ago... Bronco logos, wall treatment, shelving, etc. to support dealers interested in investing in special Bronco promotion. 

Not only Bronco showroom, but now the Ford Garage restaurant. There is one in St. Augustine, FL at the Ford dealer there and one near Ford Dearborn headquarters. 13 more planned, most in Florida. Looks like in future you can eat and buy your Bronco accessories at your local Ford dealer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

There is one in St. Augustine, FL at the Ford dealer there and one near Ford Dearborn headquarters. 13 more planned, most in Florida. Looks like in future you can eat and buy your Bronco accessories at your local Ford dealer. 

Thank you FordBuyer sir, Ford's Garage is a good example of an independent business in a different industry signing up as an official Ford licensee. The restaurant chain expanded outside Florida and Michigan when the location in Noblesville, Indiana opened in November 2019.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-25-at-8.45.49-AM.png

sig-burger-2018.png

It would be really cool to have more of these restaurants paired with Bronco showroom at Ford dealerships!

Edited by rperez817
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you FordBuyer sir, Ford's Garage is a good example of an independent business in a different industry signing up as an official Ford licensee. The restaurant chain expanded outside and Florida and Michigan when the location in Noblesville, Indiana opened in November 2019.

It would be really cool to have more of these restaurants paired with Bronco showroom at Ford dealerships!

I saw the article at the Ford Authority site the other day. Great tie-in for the brand but you'd have to have a large dealership in a sizeable market to support the initial investment for the Ford Garage and then the operating expenses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you FordBuyer sir, Ford's Garage is a good example of an independent business in a different industry signing up as an official Ford licensee. The restaurant chain expanded outside and Florida and Michigan when the location in Noblesville, Indiana opened in November 2019.

sig-burger-2018.png

I like the idea of tying these in with the Bronco showroom.

Funny enough, I'm going to be going to Ford's Garage this weekend for the first time.

----

So from the article, it's completely voluntary and was a dealer idea first, and there are different "levels" Ford has organized from just simple regular showroom displays all the way to this standalone showroom.

With all the accessories they want to offer, this could be a good idea in bigger markets.  I assume they'll have a Land Rover-style rock thing out front to show some capabilities.

• Like 1

1. What do you do with the Bronco showroom when the "off road" fad has passed?

2. The Land Rover style "off road course" can be a source of embarrassment once some U-tuber figures out that a minivan can traverse the course- Sorta like when one of the car mags got access to the master Land Rover course and traversed it with an Audi Allroad and a Volvo wagon!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yep, this location is ~10 miles from my home.  We’ve been there a couple of times, it’s quite a unique experience for a Ford enthusiast.  

Never heard of this place before!  Got to check it out. Will be a great near 2 hour road trip for the Mustang!!! :peelout:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

1. What do you do with the Bronco showroom when the "off road" fad has passed?

2. The Land Rover style "off road course" can be a source of embarrassment once some U-tuber figures out that a minivan can traverse the course- Sorta like when one of the car mags got access to the master Land Rover course and traversed it with an Audi Allroad and a Volvo wagon!

How long has the Jeep Wrangler been around along with the Rubicon option? I don't think the offroad craze is going anywhere. Add in Covid and years away from global herd immunity, and offroad craze will only grow. Also add in poor roads and bridges, more extreme weather and lack of political will to get it done. 

5 minutes ago, danglin said:

Never heard of this place before!  Got to check it out. Will be a great near 2 hour road trip for the Mustang!!! :peelout:

Yeah, check it out. Menu looks yummy and lots of choices from coronary blockage to healthier choices that look tasty. 13 in FL and closest one to me is Lakeland where Publix headquarters is located and home of Detroit Tigers in early spring. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Car and Driver

Report: 100 Ford Dealers Will Build Separate Bronco Showrooms

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/report-100-ford-dealers-will-build-separate-bronco-showrooms/ar-BB1fxmhm?ocid=msedgntp

Bronco Nation is saying that retail production has already started in that dealers are being issued VIN numbers. So those Ford dealers better get started. I could see Mullinax doing a separate showroom for Bronco only. 

6 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Bronco Nation is saying that retail production has already started in that dealers are being issued VIN numbers. So those Ford dealers better get started. I could see Mullinax doing a separate showroom for Bronco only. 

A VIN number being issued is only evidence that a vehicle order (Stock, Retail, etc.) has been scheduled and does not signify production status. 

The limiting factor in Bronco and other "enhanced" 4WD sales is the lack of off road places to drive them. I live in a rural area, plenty of dirt township roads, and I have no problem traveling them with my FWD Golf TDIs with winter tires and bash plates. If you want anything more challenging the nearest ORV park that allows 4WDs is a hundred miles away, off roading on the other public lands will get you a big $$$ ticket, so if you want to test a Brocco's off road abilities out here you'll have to negotiate with a farmer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

The limiting factor in Bronco and other "enhanced" 4WD sales is the lack of off road places to drive them. I live in a rural area, plenty of dirt township roads, and I have no problem traveling them with my FWD Golf TDIs with winter tires and bash plates. If you want anything more challenging the nearest ORV park that allows 4WDs is a hundred miles away, off roading on the other public lands will get you a big $$$ ticket, so if you want to test a Brocco's off road abilities out here you'll have to negotiate with a farmer.

First, if it’s a “fad” then it’s been going on for 50+ years.

Second, it’s more about appearance and capability and soft roading than serious off roading and rock crawling. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

First, if it’s a “fad” then it’s been going on for 50+ years.

Second, it’s more about appearance and capability and soft roading than serious off roading and rock crawling. 

Thanks for your comments which are directly on point. I was beginning to wonder why it was necessary for there to be enough off-road locations available to justify Bronco production!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for your comments which are directly on point. I was beginning to wonder why it was necessary for there to be enough off-road locations available to justify Bronco production!

Hey, in MI you need an offroader just to climb in and out of some of the pot holes there. Especially in early spring after a bad winter. I blew out more than a few tires over the years there not seeing a deep pothole hidden by a puddle. My Bronco ll back in the 80's got me out of a lot of trouble during terrible MI winters. I had traction lock on both diffs.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Hey, in MI you need an offroader just to climb in and out of some of the pot holes there. Especially in early spring after a bad winter. I blew out more than a few tires over the years there not seeing a deep pothole hidden by a puddle. My Bronco ll back in the 80's got me out of a lot of trouble during terrible MI winters. I had traction lock on both diffs.

Sorry but you missed the point about off-road capability. And MI isn't unique in having pot holes or other road hazards. 

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Good points GearheadGrrrl ma'am. However, the limiting factor you mentioned assumes that most buyers of 2022 Ford Bronco and similar "enhanced" 4x4 from competitors are getting one for rational reasons. That assumption isn't true. The automotive research company Strategic Vision found in its New Vehicle Experience Survey (NVES) that more than 70% of 4x4 truck and SUV owners take that vehicle off road only one time a year, or not at all.

Ford Bronco is an status oriented product, just like Range Rovers, most Jeeps, and high end pickup trucks. In the Strategic Vision NVES, attributes that 4x4 truck and SUV owners said are important to them more often than the average for all cars and light trucks are.

• "the ability to outperform others"
  • "to look good while driving"
  • "to present a tough image"
  • "to have their vehicle act as extension of their personality"
  • "to stand out in a crowd"

So even with the lack of off road places to drive them, Ford should have no problem finding customers for every new Bronco they can produce. The Bronco focused showrooms mentioned in this thread could be a good way to keep prospective customers interested in Bronco long after the first model year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

How long has the Jeep Wrangler been around along with the Rubicon option? I don't think the offroad craze is going anywhere. Add in Covid and years away from global herd immunity, and offroad craze will only grow. Also add in poor roads and bridges, more extreme weather and lack of political will to get it done. 

If Ford thought the offroad craze was going anywhere but up, they probably wouldn't have bothered with Bronco at all. The Bronco store is a great idea IMO. It's the perfect time to get customers like me with their wallet open at purchase time that will dig a little deeper when they see those accessories sitting there waiting for you to add them to the purchase price at just a few $$ more per month.

• Like 2