Bronco to get own showroom

If they actually made Bronco (and/or Mustang) a separate brand (ala RAM) would they be able to negotiate new franchise agreements?  It’ll be interesting to see how successful Volvo is going to an online sales approach when states get involved. 

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Good points GearheadGrrrl ma'am. However, the limiting factor you mentioned assumes that most buyers of 2022 Ford Bronco and similar "enhanced" 4x4 from competitors are getting one for rational reasons. That assumption isn't true. The automotive research company Strategic Vision found in its New Vehicle Experience Survey (NVES) that more than 70% of 4x4 truck and SUV owners take that vehicle off road only one time a year, or not at all.

Ford Bronco is an status oriented product, just like Range Rovers, most Jeeps, and high end pickup trucks. In the Strategic Vision NVES, attributes that 4x4 truck and SUV owners said are important to them more often than the average for all cars and light trucks are.

• "the ability to outperform others"
  • "to look good while driving"
  • "to present a tough image"
  • "to have their vehicle act as extension of their personality"
  • "to stand out in a crowd"

So even with the lack of off road places to drive them, Ford should have no problem finding customers for every new Bronco they can produce. The Bronco focused showrooms mentioned in this thread could be a good way to keep prospective customers interested in Bronco long after the first model year.

Stop labeling things you don’t agree with as “irrational”.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sullynd said:

If they actually made Bronco (and/or Mustang) a separate brand (ala RAM) would they be able to negotiate new franchise agreements?  It’ll be interesting to see how successful Volvo is going to an online sales approach when states get involved. 

I’ve often said they should have done that with Lincoln.  But in this case I think there is too much volume to make it feasible.  I do like the idea though.  Mfrs have far too little control over dealer behavior.

5 hours ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

The limiting factor in Bronco and other "enhanced" 4WD sales is the lack of off road places to drive them. I live in a rural area, plenty of dirt township roads, and I have no problem traveling them with my FWD Golf TDIs with winter tires and bash plates. If you want anything more challenging the nearest ORV park that allows 4WDs is a hundred miles away, off roading on the other public lands will get you a big $$$ ticket, so if you want to test a Brocco's off road abilities out here you'll have to negotiate with a farmer.

The Bronco will have off road maps as an option to "off road" on

Plus you can't take the top or doors off easily on a Golf...

This to me looks like they are adding a storefront to sell Bronco Accessories from in areas that have the traffic/sales to support it.

Hey want a white hardtop for 2021 Bronco in 2022-23? You'd come here and they would take care of you....all that type of stuff. 

I don't see it as much as a separate dealership...but then again I haven't read the article either ?

20 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Good points GearheadGrrrl ma'am. However, the limiting factor you mentioned assumes that most buyers of 2022 Ford Bronco and similar "enhanced" 4x4 from competitors are getting one for rational reasons. That assumption isn't true. The automotive research company Strategic Vision found in its New Vehicle Experience Survey (NVES) that more than 70% of 4x4 truck and SUV owners take that vehicle off road only one time a year, or not at all.

Ford Bronco is an status oriented product, just like Range Rovers, most Jeeps, and high end pickup trucks. In the Strategic Vision NVES, attributes that 4x4 truck and SUV owners said are important to them more often than the average for all cars and light trucks are.

• "the ability to outperform others"
  • "to look good while driving"
  • "to present a tough image"
  • "to have their vehicle act as extension of their personality"
  • "to stand out in a crowd"

So even with the lack of off road places to drive them, Ford should have no problem finding customers for every new Bronco they can produce. The Bronco focused showrooms mentioned in this thread could be a good way to keep prospective customers interested in Bronco long after the first model year.

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

There's nothing to stop then.

I mean you literally said "the assumption people are getting one for rational reasons isn't true."  Ergo, "irrational".

I do agree with your last point, though.  Regardless of why people buy them, Ford will sell a ton I'm sure, and ultimately Ford doesn't care what you do with them, they want to make money off selling them.   I guess I fall in your "untrue rational reasons" crowd in that I'm getting one because I like SUVs and want a convertible/to be able to take the top off, not necessarily because of the offroading ability.  That said, I do see myself traveling and trying more off-roading type things once I get one.

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

This to me looks like they are adding a storefront to sell Bronco Accessories from in areas that have the traffic/sales to support it.

Hey want a white hardtop for 2021 Bronco in 2022-23? You'd come here and they would take care of you....all that type of stuff. 

I don't see it as much as a separate dealership...but then again I haven't read the article either ?

Agreed that this will be more about displaying the models and accessories rather than inventory/whatnot - though I presume these will be paired/next to actual dealerships and not off on their own.  Not sure if sales of Broncos would be held in these stores or the actual dealership building.

53 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

One dealer that I have spoken with is taking their old used car building and is going to transform it into a Bronco center; this does make sense for dealers that have a older building on their campus that really isn't used for anything. 

Yeah, that makes sense - would've been perfect for the dealer down the road had they kept the fleet building they had.   They wound up tearing it down and selling it to Rooms-to-go that built a big store.

The renderings remind me of the Tesla stores in a good way. When the Tesla stores first started popping up they had color samples, merchandise, interactive screens, wheel options and interior samples hanging from the walls. They also had a few vehicles on display on the inside. It felt like a store more than a dealership. Excited to see Bronco is getting it's own version of this.

Edited by Dirty Bronco

This idea seems a bit much to me. Will the Bronco still have the demand in three years that it still has now? Or is it a hot item that once the initial rush happens, it is a slower seller. After all Ford did just fine for 20+ years without a bronco in its line up.

They could have done the same thing in 2005 when the Mustang was a smash hit, but now it is selling at half the rate. (In my opinion because they priced it out of its segment.)

19 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

This idea seems a bit much to me. Will the Bronco still have the demand in three years that it still has now? Or is it a hot item that once the initial rush happens, it is a slower seller. After all Ford did just fine for 20+ years without a bronco in its line up.

They could have done the same thing in 2005 when the Mustang was a smash hit, but now it is selling at half the rate. (In my opinion because they priced it out of its segment.)

Well, I think they're looking at Wranglers' lasting and increasing success and both forecast continued growth/sustainability and want a chunk of that pie.  Also with the times of "everything crossover/SUV", it makes sense.  And if they're looking to add other sub-models to the sub-brand, it makes some sense.

I saw a good thought on 6g that some of these locations can be a good meeting spot for local Bronco clubs or car shows as well.  Make it a destination/place to hang out (I do like the idea of adding a bar/microbrewery or something to it, but that's a whole 'nother thing) and build a culture and you'll have people always coming back for more if the product lives up to it long term.

I do understand your skepticism, though.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, GearheadGrrrl said:

The limiting factor in Bronco and other "enhanced" 4WD sales is the lack of off road places to drive them. I live in a rural area, plenty of dirt township roads, and I have no problem traveling them with my FWD Golf TDIs with winter tires and bash plates. If you want anything more challenging the nearest ORV park that allows 4WDs is a hundred miles away, off roading on the other public lands will get you a big $$$ ticket, so if you want to test a Brocco's off road abilities out here you'll have to negotiate with a farmer.

Hmmmm......... I think there is plenty of challenging stuff for even the "baddest" new bronco to try on, and this is all "built up, nowhere to wheel" dirty Jersey................

You got traditional mud (private property)

DSC01231.JPG

Deep water

DSCN0303.jpg

Engine blocks

oxengblock.jpg

Cars

026.jpg

Trees.

DCP01858small.JPG

Snow

DSC01294.JPG

Cars in the snow.........

broncsnowcara.jpg

Concrete walls..... (buddies rig I was driving)

2014-11-30_11-50-52_702.jpg

Hole left after digging out inground pool.......

POOL.jpg

Vid

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/POOL/WHEELIN/MOV02447.MPG

And  for a quick fix, someone always has a deck over or a tree stump kicking around.  

DCP01562.JPG

DCP05645.JPG

And finally, want to test your new bronco's extraction capabilities. Drive your crappy old car, in your crappy old empty pool (auto starters and man tran's don't mix).

Call your bronco buddies up and spent 2-3 hours getting it out. 

DCP04209.JPG

DCP04205.JPG

DCP04214.JPG

DCP04216.JPG

So I disagree, you can find "hardcore offroading" without driving 100's of miles..............  :)

Edited by OX1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, OX1 said:

Hmmmm......... I think there is plenty of challenging stuff for even the "baddest" new bronco to try on, and this is all "built up, nowhere to wheel" dirty Jersey................

[snip]

So I disagree, you can find "hardcore offroading" without driving 100's of miles..............  :)

If you look at % forested statistics, at 41.7% forested (not too much behind 48.5% for Oregon), New Jersey is hardly all built up. Lots of people think that because they only know what the state looks like from the Turnpike as they drive through it.

42 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

If you look at % forested statistics, at 41.7% forested (not too much behind 48.5% for Oregon), New Jersey is hardly all built up. Lots of people think that because they only know what the state looks like from the Turnpike as they drive through it.

Yep...basically the middle to lower part of the state is nothing but forest.....the Pine Barrens. We just have alot of people crammed into smaller area, so we have an extremely high population density.

I think OX1 lives down the street from me too...if he's the same guy on Bronco6G LOL...I remember the Probe in the Pool photos. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Especially if they're stopping every 10 minutes to pay a toll... at least prior to the all the electronic toll technology! 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 9:01 AM, Gurgeh said:

Understood. There is not one official offroad park in this whole state though. Like one of these defunked quarries where the land is already trashed, can't be used.