Spray in Bed Lining Timing

8 minutes ago, road turtle said:

How long does factory process generally take to complete?

Spray-in bedliners are done off-site at a separate facility. If you're wondering about the additional time it adds to the OTD (Order-to-Delivery) schedule I'd estimate an additional week. There is limited capacity and some weeks it's a commodity issue but that doesn't affect scheduled orders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Spray-in bedliners are done off-site at a separate facility. If you're wondering about the additional time it adds to the OTD (Order-to-Delivery) schedule I'd estimate an additional week. There is limited capacity and some weeks it's a commodity issue but that doesn't affect scheduled orders.

This helps explain why this is the eighth my Ranger has been "In Production." Oversimplifying, but It's too bad they don't just add a couple more nozzles at the MAP Paint Shop.

13 hours ago, Baddestt said:

A lot of dealers will advise to skip on the ford factory spray in/wheel liners/mud flaps due to the delay in shipment. Dealers offer to go aftermarket and they will install for you.

Seems to me that is a way for a dealer to make more money while you lose out on the factory warranty.  In any case, none of the dealers I've talked to recommended that.  I've ordered them all...

10 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

Seems to me that is a way for a dealer to make more money while you lose out on the factory warranty.  In any case, none of the dealers I've talked to recommended that.  I've ordered them all...

You get a warranty with Line-X.  It’s as good if not better than the factory liner and about the same price IIRC.  In this case factory isn’t better.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

You get a warranty with Line-X.  It’s as good if not better than the factory liner and about the same price IIRC.  In this case factory isn’t better.

Line-X is only as good as the local distributor and the guy they have prepping and spraying that day.

Edited by Robin Hood

27 minutes ago, Anthony said:

My factory spray-in is good.  I hear people complaining about it often, but they must be hauling boulders or something.  I've had no issues and I use my bed to haul around plenty of stuff.

The only complaints I heard were about incomplete coverage.  I think the quality and durability are about the same.

24 minutes ago, Ford truck guy said:

We put my 2020 with the spray in liner next to my B.I.L's 2016 that was subbed out from the dealer....  The 2020 factory ordered is thicker...  The one that was subbed out seams more slippery . .   . .. 

It might help others to know what brand spray-in liner was done by your BIL's dealer.

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It might help others to know what brand spray-in liner was done by your BIL's dealer.

True... I will ask him that question.....  I am not sure he will know as he purchased it USED from a dealer....We know it was subbed by the window sticker copy he had at the time