Ford to Launch More Sub-Brands?

13 hours ago, slemke said:

Thanks.  I was not aware of that.  It only reinforces my opinion of how messed up Ford was at the time.  The panthers weren’t setting the world on fire with their great powertrains either.  I recall the Lincoln’s were also the low man on the totem pole and couldn’t compete directly with the other PAG brands.

In that dysfunctional period (2001-2006) under Bill Ford, the company began losing billions and just forgot how to make money. Those that you mentioned were just a few of the many problems at Ford, it just didn’t know how to cope in a changing market. It was common knowledge at Ford that the only two models carrying Ford was F Series and Explorer, everything else was a massive drain save for Volvo which pretty much carried PAG until its models were too tired to sell in decent numbers.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

We are talking about today's half ton, not one from 11-20 years before I was born. 

The point was a 2023 F100 Ranger will be just as capable as a 1977 F-100 Ranger so calling it F-100 is perfectly fine from a capability standpoint.  It’s still well below a F-150.

And btw I don’t disagree with all the points that were made against including Ranger in F series.  Just playing devil’s advocate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akirby said:

The point was a 2023 F100 Ranger will be just as capable as a 1977 F-100 Ranger so calling it F-100 is perfectly fine from a capability standpoint.  It’s still well below a F-150.

And btw I don’t disagree with all the points that were made against including Ranger in F series.  Just playing devil’s advocate.

FYI, there’s a strong rumour that the 2028 Ranger will indeed be based on the same architecture as the BEV F150

and that the global Ranger will continue on a version of T6 until ICEs are no longer required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought Bronco and 2023 Ranger were already under North America development 

I meant control by home room

Current Bronco and NG Ranger development out of Melbourne, Australia

Edited by jpd80