Is there a future for the Nautilus/Edge models?

Recently read (and I don't take this as gospel) in Wikipedia that: "The plant is planned to produce electric vehicles and assemble batteries, starting from 2025, after a major retooling from 2024. Government of Canada and the province of Ontario are responsible to contribute a total of C$500 million."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-oakville-electric-vehicles-1.5733943

So with that, Is there a future for these models after 2023? 

There seems to be two conflicting answers to this.  
1. That Edge is gone after 2023, Lincoln keeps the Nautilus in Oakville till end of 2024 MY, assembly in China and Imports  to NA after. 
2. Both are done like dinner , and replaced by electric built at Oakville or elsewhere.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, escapeman said:

There seems to be two conflicting answers to this.  
1. That Edge is gone after 2023, Lincoln keeps the Nautilus in Oakville till end of 2024 MY, assembly in China and Imports  to NA after. 
2. Both are done like dinner , and replaced by electric built at Oakville or elsewhere.  

First off, no Chinese communist built crap for me- especially a $60K vehicle.  

Second, I think the Edge and Nautilus will be replaced with a Fusion Active- type vehicle built in the USA.  The D-Segment ICE market is too lucrative for Ford to abandon in the near term.

34 minutes ago, Footballfan said:

Second, I think the Edge and Nautilus will be replaced with a Fusion Active- type vehicle built in the USA.  The D-Segment ICE market is too lucrative for Ford to abandon in the near term.

Edge and Nautilus are not built in the USA to begin with, maybe you meant to say North America....which would include Mexico....jus' sayin'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballfan said:

The device (phone/computer) you typed that on - where was it made?

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

Edge and Nautilus are not built in the USA to begin with, maybe you meant to say North America....which would include Mexico....jus' sayin'

I was thinking of the mystery vehicle(s) that are supposedly being added to FRAP after the Mustang launch. 

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Do we really need to put 10's of thousands of Ford manufacturing employee's out of work? 

Moving Nautilus and/or Edge to China is not putting any Ford employees out of work because they're being replaced with BEVs.

• Like 1