Anthony

Used truck values are insane

I am amazed by truck resale values right now.

My brother sold his 2014 Ram 1500 Crew to Carvana for $18k (82k miles and few options) and they turned around and sold it instantly after for almost $24k.

I monitor my truck's value over time and my 2019 Ranger SCrew is actually worth more today than it was worth in the fall of 2019 (with 12k more miles).

As inventory shrinks, the values are going to be inflated like this.  Not a good time to be in the market for a truck (but a great time to be selling one)!

Used truck prices have always been high.  

I paid $37k for my 2018 2wd XLT supercab and based on current ads I could sell it for $35K 3 years later.  That may only improve as new inventory continues to shrink.

Good discussion topic, thank you Anthony sir. As a 2019 Ford Ranger owner also, everything that you mentioned matches with what I've seen in the pickup truck market.

I'm not selling the Ranger though, as it's an essential tool for my family's lawn care and landscaping business. And business so far this spring is the best it's ever been for us!

Charcoal? Grey 2011 Fx4 3.5 ... ~188k I wonder if I'll be better off private selling somewhere given current this market than trading in at March appraisal quote..?

Edited by Rondalon

I sold my 18 raptor for 70k to dealer in june now im waiting for new raptor ever since if it ever gets a vin

getting 5k over my buying price on trade for my 2019 F350. That's why I ordered a 2022 F350. seemed like a no brainer to me.