Ford Mustang - World's Best-Selling Sports Car

ice-capades

While there are things I like about the Challenger, it is easy to see why the Mustang is number 1 in sales.    The current S550 does many things very well and has few shortcomings.   It can be configured in many ways, has a long options and accessory list and has fantastic aftermarket support.    Of all the cars I have owned, my 2018 GT may be the one of which I am most proud.

14 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

While there are things I like about the Challenger, it is easy to see why the Mustang is number 1 in sales.    The current S550 does many things very well and has few shortcomings.   It can be configured in many ways, has a long options and accessory list and has fantastic aftermarket support.    Of all the cars I have owned, my 2018 GT may be the one of which I am most proud.

It's pretty clear that Camaro and Challenger are typical muscle cars while Mustang is a much better sports car and designed to compete with sports cars from Europe.  And it competes well.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It's pretty clear that Camaro and Challenger are typical muscle cars while Mustang is a much better sports car and designed to compete with sports cars from Europe.  And it competes well.

Since the last mid-cycle update for the 2018MY Mustang, the Mustang is an incredibly refined vehicle that covers all the bases for customers wanting a Mustang... price, performance, features, aftermarket upfit options, etc. Ford's done a great job with it's attention to the Mustang and it's sales performance worldwide is a testament to its heritage. The global expansion has also given Ford the opportunity to produce and sell more Mustang's but at a more profitable price considering the much higher prices for the export vehicles.  

• Like 1

When I got the 2018 with all of the convenience options, I seriously considered selling my Continental.    I found the Mustang to be very comfortable, refined, surprisingly free of road and wind noise and quite capable of being a good daily driver/road trip car for 2 people.   My wife didn't like the idea so we kept the Conti.  I then started making a few mods to the Mustang:   Upgraded axles, upgraded rear suspension, stickier tires, and tune.    Finally, last year, I added a Roush/Ford Performance supercharger.   The end result is a car that still has all of the original benefits but has acceleration competitive with stock Hellcats, ZL1s, and GT500s......for less money than any of those would have cost.

Edited by brucelinc
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on my third Mustang.  Had a 68 that I daily drove from 96 to 99.  Custom ordered a 2005 GT which I owned for a few years.  I now have a low miles 98 Cobra.  Huge fan....

98 Cobra.jpg

Edited by Quags

On 5/14/2021 at 7:31 AM, Quags said:

I'm on my third Mustang.  Had a 68 that I daily drove from 96 to 99.  Custom ordered a 2005 GT which I owned for a few years.  I now have a low miles 98 Cobra.  Huge fan....

98 Cobra.jpg

I love and admire the way you skidded into that parking spot!!!

• Like 1