Leather trimmed seats

theoldwizard1

45 minutes ago, theoldwizard1 said:

Just EXACTLY what part(s) the seats are the "trim" that is leather ?  They used to have "leather seating surfaces", so I expect this is much less.

Hi tow. This refers to only the part of the seats that our bodies touch.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, theoldwizard1 said:

That is the OLD definition !  It now just says "leather trimmed".

Hi tow. Yes, but the "OLD definition !" still applies. For marketing purposes, it is now called "leather trimmed" instead of "leather seating surfaces". That is the correct information.

Automotive manufacturers decided it sounds more upscale, for whatever their reasons.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi tow. Yes, but the "OLD definition !" still applies. For marketing purposes, it is now called "leather trimmed" instead of "leather seating surfaces". That is the correct information.

Automotive manufacturers decided it sounds more upscale, for whatever their reasons.

Good luck.

I believe in the upholstery world, "trim" is what the call "piping" !

21 minutes ago, theoldwizard1 said:

I believe in the upholstery world, "trim" is what the call "piping" !

Hi theoldwizard1. The information I provided is correct. To paraphrase an old saying...Yes, all "piping" is trim, but not all trim is "piping". "Piping" is what they call "piping". Trim simply means part of something, as in not all. Leather trimmed seats refers to the parts of the seats that touch the body are leather. The rest (sides, rear face, map pockets, etc.) is not. 

This subject has been discussed often in the past. Including this thread located here, begun by member "theoldwizard" :

"Leather trimmed seats" is just the newer marketing speak for "leather seating surfaces", as was discussed back in 2016.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Hi theoldwizard1. Additionally, since I am relatively sure you will not believe me alone, and to avoid a needlessly drawn out discussion, you can peruse these links: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=ford+leather+trimmed+seating+surfaces

As with most information on the Internet, you will need to sift through the "opinions" and chaff to find the informative articles.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530