Lincoln Zephyr Reflection

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

I just don't believe Ford can't put together a business plan for 100k volume for Evos and Zephyr combined to go into Flat Rock or another plant. It's mind boggling that a car company like Ford can't figure out how to make and sell cars in one of its primary market. Honda manages the business case for TLX just fine with similar volume as MKZ. The whole point of a common modular platform like C2 is so you can make multiple models on the same production line with ease and flexibility. It's crazy that Ford still can't manage that in North America. 

I know Flat Rock is supposed to get something after the new Mustang around 2023.  They care hiring engineers and HR people to add new hourly employees. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

After awhile, we will go full circle and sedans will make a comeback. 

Sedans won't make a comeback, just as personal luxury coupes did not make a comeback, and pony cars are just a fraction of their peak in the 60's. I don't expect sedans will drop to the extent personal luxury coupes and pony cars did, but I don't expect sales to grown either.  I am a sedan buyer myself but also a realist on the direction of the market. 

Edited by ehaase
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I own a CUV, and it does have shortcomings....more expensive, higher center of gravity, not as good aerodynamics, more generic, poorer fuel mileage than commensurate sedan. Sedans have their place, especially in the luxury segment. Even the top BEVs are sedans like Model S, Taycan, and Aude E tron . The new Lucid sedan looks like a winner also.

Yet the sell in much smaller numbers then their CUV counterparts also. 

The sedan market is dying/shrinking...why invest in a market that has so many players and pricing is so tight that it is harder to make a profit on it that said product?

Nice to have doesn't equal profitable or a good business case either.