Ford to start on site Covid-19 Vaccinations

5 minutes ago, jose said:

Key word YOU " believe "

No, key words are John Hopkins data and Bloomberg data. Neither are Chinese. Also, my daughter works for a think tank and helps compile data for the unemployment figures given out every month on the first Friday. I used to also read trade journals and paid attention to their conclusions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Ford Motor Company and UAW do too. They specifically mentioned CDC guidance that "getting vaccinated in combination with other recommendations issued results in the best protection against COVID-19" and are actively encouraging UAW represented Ford employees to get vaccinated if medically able. 

I believe the CDC uses virus data from John Hopkins and vaccination data from Bloomberg. So yes, Ford believes.in that data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurtisH said:

That’s not necessarily true.  Our population is growing and aging.  On a per capita basis, our death rate has been growing every year since 2011.  For 2020, the death rate increased 1.19%.  That’s lower than the increase in 2019, which was 1.29%.  On a percentage basis, it’s the lowest increase since 2014 (1.02%).

FYI:  The death rate in the USA had a mostly downward trend from 1950 through 2010.

Curtis - the death rate has increased every year since 2014 by 20k - 80K due to population increase.  In 2020 it increased by over 450K.  Not sure where you got those numbers but they don’t jive with the CDC total death numbers.

3183F3A8-E1E3-438D-BE56-BA6745F18066.thumb.jpeg.e1c177c46ba43b272c390d490c72195f.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CurtisH said:

That’s not necessarily true.  Our population is growing and aging.  On a per capita basis, our death rate has been growing every year since 2011.  For 2020, the death rate increased 1.19%.  That’s lower than the increase in 2019, which was 1.29%.  On a percentage basis, it’s the lowest increase since 2014 (1.02%).

FYI:  The death rate in the USA had a mostly downward trend from 1950 through 2010.

What I meant was that the statistics on the major causes of deaths remained pretty static in 2020

while COVID deaths was in addition to that, many have tried to dismiss COVID deaths as just those

deaths under another column. What also changed in 2020 was peoples activity and concern for health,

that helped lower deaths in some other areas. Of course some want COVID deaths to be a zero sum game

to fit into some conspiratorial theory, I tend to think we’ll  look back on this time as a lesson on how inaction

made things so much worse than it could have been.and that’s less about politics and more about the general public not understanding how long the commitment to eradicating the virus has to be from them personally and the cost to them personally,.

Edited by jpd80

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

What I meant was that the statistics on the major causes of deaths remained pretty static in 2020

while COVID deaths was in addition to that, many have tried to dismiss COVID deaths as just those

deaths under another column. What also changed in 2020 was peoples activity and concern for health,

that helped lower deaths in some other areas. Of course some want COVID deaths to be a zero sum game

to fit into some conspiratorial theory, I tend to think we’ll  look back on this time as a lesson on how inaction

made things so much worse than it could have been.and that’s less about politics and more about the general public not understanding how long the commitment to eradicating the virus has to be from them personally and the cost to them personally,.

I'm an avid, recreational tennis player, and follow the international circuit, especially the Grand Slams, and especially the Austraian Open that is the best run in so many ways. What a first class tournament. 

Very impressive the strict protocols in place there. Hundreds of tennis players from around the world and tested and if positive quarantined in hotel rooms for two weeks. No messing around. Tested everyday and matches postponed immediately if someone tests positive.

It was a great tournament as usual and everyone was kept safe and players went home healthy. 

Also lots of smaller tournaments used as tune ups for Melbourne, and they were also incredibly safe and well run. Beautiful country minus the wildfires.

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I'm an avid, recreational tennis player, and follow the international circuit, especially the Grand Slams, and especially the Austraian Open that is the best run in so many ways. What a first class tournament. 

Very impressive the strict protocols in place there. Hundreds of tennis players from around the world and tested and if positive quarantined in hotel rooms for two weeks. No messing around. Tested everyday and matches postponed immediately if someone tests positive.

It was a great tournament as usual and everyone was kept safe and players went home healthy. 

Also lots of smaller tournaments used as tune ups for Melbourne, and they were also incredibly safe and well run. Beautiful country minus the wildfires.

The only push back was that many players in quarantine couldn’t properly prepare but that’s a price

they have to pay to at least have a tournament. That sort of confinement in rooms with no opening

windows gets to people after a couple of weeks.

A work colleague travelling from Brisbane to Papua New Guinea for work, spent two weeks in quarantine going there, two weeks again coming back, a Covid positive person sat next to him on the plane so even longer in quarantine.....the guy had a most surreal four months  away from his family.

Edited by jpd80

4 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The only push back was that many players in quarantine couldn’t properly prepare but that’s a price

they have to pay to at least have a tournament. That sort of confinement in rooms with no opening

windows gets to people after a couple of weeks.

Yeah, lots of inequality on the circuit.....top players stay at private villas with tennis court and the lower ranked players get stuck in hotel rooms. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, lots of inequality on the circuit.....top players stay at private villas with tennis court and the lower ranked players get stuck in hotel rooms. 

Yeah nah, when you’re in quarantine in Australia, it’s in a hotel complex with no opening windows even if that’s five star suites....they’re still confined in a gilded prison 

Edited by jpd80

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Curtis - the death rate has increased every year since 2014 by 20k - 80K due to population increase.  In 2020 it increased by over 450K.  Not sure where you got those numbers but they don’t jive with the CDC total death numbers.

3183F3A8-E1E3-438D-BE56-BA6745F18066.thumb.jpeg.e1c177c46ba43b272c390d490c72195f.jpeg

I got the data from Knoema.  I don’t use them much, but they have an extensive database of information. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Just had a case of a fully vaccinated worker testing positive to COVID in New Zealand, was working cleaning down airplane cabin that must have had COVID 

I know of 4 people personally that have been vaccinated and were outside the 2 week window and tested positive, (2 nurses, a doctor and a police officer) it’s why the lockdowns need to end once the vast majority of people get vaccinated. This is not a pandemic, it is an endemic. It’s going to be here for many years. We need to start talking about the other issues that the strict lockdowns are causing; one size fits all doesn’t work, politics isn’t going to fix this. From economic and mental health to other health ailments that people are not being tested for. 
https://www.mackinac.org/archives/2021/costs_of_second_lockdown.pdf

The advantage of the vaccine is that you don’t die when you get it and don’t seem to have any long term impacts, everyone one of the people I know that was vaccinated had very mild symptoms. I have also know many people that have died because of covid, the latest ones have been hard as they are in the 40-55 range healthy and most left younger children and a spouse behind. 

The long term impact on some people that have “recovered” without a vaccine are really scary; having your lungs or liver blown out or suffer pancreatic damage or blood clots. Things that might not impact you in your 30’s after you’ve healed  but come to your 50’s you’ll be on dialysis or diabetic because of the damage. 

To get this back on track the covid spread in Brazil is causing havoc on the rubber supply now. That’s going to be the next issue, can’t really build cars with no tires. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

We need to start talking about the other issues that the strict lockdowns are causing; one size fits all doesn’t work, politics isn’t going to fix this. From economic and mental health to other health ailments that people are not being tested for. 

Those in charge haven't cared about that for over a year. Even longer for mental health. 

One of the biggest learnings for Australia was management of quarantining people in inner city motel complexes,

the covid is spread by air conditioning and  tends to infect more people over the two week period. If a breach in

quarantine occurs, the last place you want that is in the middle of a 2 million to 5 million city.

Its actually better and safer to quarantine people in country camps and just use good social distancing measures,

I think the whole covid strategy was cobbled together in such a hurry that people in power missed opportunities 

to do more but in ways that make better sense to science and the public.

25 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

One of the biggest learnings for Australia was management of quarantining people in inner city motel complexes,

the covid is spread by air conditioning and  tends to infect more people over the two week period. If a breach in

quarantine occurs, the last place you want that is in the middle of a 2 million to 5 million city.

Yep. That's exactly how New York City got hit as hard as it did. 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:59 AM, FordBuyer said:

No, key words are John Hopkins data and Bloomberg data. Neither are Chinese. Also, my daughter works for a think tank and helps compile data for the unemployment figures given out every month on the first Friday. I used to also read trade journals and paid attention to their conclusions.

I'm curious how John Hopkins and Bloomberg obtain Chinese "data" without getting it from the CCP.  It's not like there is an unregulated media over there to keep them honest.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, FordBuyer said:

It's not inequality when it's based on individual achievement and personal income.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2021 at 5:15 PM, jpd80 said:

Its actually better and safer to quarantine people in country camps and just use good social distancing measures,

I think the whole covid strategy was cobbled together in such a hurry that people in power missed opportunities 

to do more but in ways that make better sense to science and the public.

Where was Pol Pot when we needed him?

5 hours ago, paintguy said:

Where was Pol Pot when we needed him?

All I’m saying is that it makes no sense to group people together in a motel where recycled air is going to spread covid to all those quarantined and then, if there’s a breach of quarintine, the carriers are in the center of major cities. Open rural areas are more suited to quarantine situations but that’s something completely missed by medical experts guiding government decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't force anyone to get stabbed!  If so, your freedoms are gone!  Too many pregnant women having miscarriages.  Others dying.  Go to Stargate SG1 2010, read the plot.  You won't get the vaccine. Yeah I know, it's science fiction.  But in the 1950's, going to the moon was fiction.  In the 1960's it became fact.

6 hours ago, Joe771476 said:

You can't force anyone to get stabbed!  If so, your freedoms are gone!  Too many pregnant women having miscarriages.  Others dying.  Go to Stargate SG1 2010, read the plot.  You won't get the vaccine. Yeah I know, it's science fiction.  But in the 1950's, going to the moon was fiction.  In the 1960's it became fact.

So did the people who got polio have more or less freedom if they failed to get vaccinated? How about tetanus because they failed to get shot every 10 years according to guidelines. The list goes on and on. Nihilism lives on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe771476 said:

Fun fact...ever watch those drug commericals with the funky side effects? Guess what? Even if one person's that is .00001% of a percentage, it needs to be reported. 

There is always a chance of dying from something, no matter what it is. Just because you don't understand it or are scared of it doesn't make you right.