Heads up display (HUD)

nikonman

Driving my folks GMC Denali 1500 the HUD system is really nice for road trips. It's bright, configurable and quite convenient. I know folks may say "don't need that" but once you drive a car with it it's hard to go back. Ford needs to add this option. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, rsharpejr87 said:

I test drove a Camaro back in 2010 (when I was still in college) and it had a HUD and I thought it was one of the coolest things ever, almost like a James Bond movie

I drove the same thing!!! There’s a similar thing in some of the Mazdas now days that have a food screen that has it. We have one in ours and I couldn’t live without now. I hope more manufacturers adopt them! 

I really like the HUD in our other car, would love to have the option from the factory on the Raptor, rather than having to do a 3rd Party Add On.  Current vehicle picks up the current speed limit and shows that along with current speed. Everything else extra is nice, but those two pieces alone would be worth having.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a HUD on my 2000 Bonneville. It was not at all useful to me.

I have an iPhone application that will provide a HUD. I toyed with it a bit on a recent trip in my non-GPS car. It wasn't really useful to me, either.

I won't begrudge people that like them, though. There are features I like that others don't find useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 7:09 PM, GT69 said:

A head-up display would be nice, but only if integrated in the dashboard, projecting to the window. Not a flimsy plastic acting as a HUD.

My Mazda has on of those flimsy plastic HUD, it works, but at least once a week it fails to pop up.  I recently seen the HUD on a KIA EV 6 and it was really nice. 

• 3 weeks later...