Next Generation Nascar Leaked? (Mustang)

IMSA-XJR9

21 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm happy to see the change to single-nut wheels, eliminates all those loose lug nuts flying around.

HRG

Agreed! I've been fortunate to be on the pitwall (as a guest/spectator) and was/am amazed how the lug nuts get jettisoned after a stop!!

1 hour ago, akirby said:

But it creates a much bigger penalty if you forget to tighten one lug nut.......

The penalty is ultimately the same if the whee falls off with a 1 race suspension for the crew chief. 

I'm torn on it. On one hand it's going to make things better for safety but on the other hand it's taking away what makes NASCAR pit stops so unique and so cool to watch. 

4 hours ago, twintornados said:

Does anyone have the spec for the rear diff? Looks like the Ford 9" is finally going away?

I haven't seen much in the way of technical specs but they’re moving to IRS with the gearbox in the rear end vs. mounted to the engine. Sequential 6 speed (though I've read they were testing a sequential 5 speed as well). 

8 hours ago, twintornados said:

Agreed, it would seem that NASCAR just doesn't realize the entertainment value of a good pit stop.

I love NASCAR but they've lost their way with a lot of things. I've gotten used to stage racing despite its ultra gimmicky nature but this low power/high downforce thing I still hate with the burning passion of 1000 suns. I'm watching fewer and fewer races where that ridiculous package is involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

One has to assume NASCAR is more about marketing for Toyota and they do sell a ton more Camrys than Supras.

Yes sir blksn8k2. Camrys are extremely popular among NASCAR fans as their daily driver vehicles. In the southern U.S. where NASCAR originated, Toyota is also the most "followed" and "searched for" car brand (either #1 by itself or tied with other brands) on the web and social media. Toyota's NASCAR marketing efforts help maintain that.

Most-Googled-Automakers-in-the-World-03. 

Edited by rperez817
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

New body looks good, but I still haven't recovered from the "car of tomorrow".   In my opinion they completely screwed up the sport with that car and it's gotten to "PG" now.   Miss the days of Tony Stewart throwing a his helmet and smashing sides of cars.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, silverboost said:

New body looks good, but I still haven't recovered from the "car of tomorrow".   In my opinion they completely screwed up the sport with that car and it's gotten to "PG" now.   Miss the days of Tony Stewart throwing a his helmet and smashing sides of cars.

The Car Of Yesterday- Curtis Turner at Daytona(?) 1956. Before horse blinder head restraints, full face helmets, window webbing...  

Neato All-Stock Cars All 'Round

56ford26trackdust.jpg.0c2f53cb57ebae37f5858607fcbc5b49.jpg

Edited by Chrisgb
Driver Correction