2021 order status

On 4/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, Mattfranklin350 said:

Hi everyone. New here! So I ordered a new F350 on March 1st and the tracker currently has the truck in production 4/20 with a delivery date of 5/14. Does anyone have any inside info from KTP about the process of this? I believe my truck is sitting in a lot somewhere unfortunately...

Have you talked to your Dealer?

12 hours ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

Yeah dealer doesn’t have any info besides them saying the eta is 5/14

The dealership ETA isn't worth a whole lot, especially with all the production delays, and doesn't tell you anything about the actual vehicle status. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides information on all status changes and updates regarding the order history, scheduling, production and transportation. In addition, the Vehicle Visibility system provides more timely and complete updates compared to the consumer facing tracking site. I'd recommend asking your Dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your vehicle so that you'll know the actual vehicle status. 

45 minutes ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

Just called the dealer and asked them to look thru vehicle visibility. They said thru that it still has an eta of 5/14 with no updates. Interesting 

You missed the whole point of my recommending you have the Dealer send you a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your vehicle. Without seeing the actual vehicle status and location, the Dealer telling you the ETA is 05/14 is useless with all the plant issues this year caused by the microchip shortage. Sorry for being direct but I get annoyed with all the "Half Ass" Dealers that will only tell customers what they think the customer wants to hear! 

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You missed the whole point of my recommending you have the Dealer send you a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your vehicle. Without seeing the actual vehicle status and location, the Dealer telling you the ETA is 05/14 is useless with all the plant issues this year caused by the microchip shortage. Sorry for being direct but I get annoyed with all the "Half Ass" Dealers that will only tell customers what they think the customer wants to hear! 

This is what they just sent me when I asked for a copy. 

901728A2-534F-4102-9573-C38F1CB186C0.png

21 minutes ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

This is what they just sent me when I asked for a copy. 

901728A2-534F-4102-9573-C38F1CB186C0.png

Well at least you have more information with this. That status was last updated on 04/25 still showing an "In Production" status. The vehicle was invoiced on 04/12/2021. The Window Sticker shows that the order includes the Tough Bed Spray-In Bedliner which would cause the vehicle to be "Sent Offsite". Based on this information, there's no way to expect the vehicle to arrive at the dealership by the 05/14 ETA considering that it hasn't been released from the plant yet. Koon's Ford is a pretty large operation and I would have expected better from them!

1FT8W3BN5MED87066_WS.pdf

30 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Well at least you have more information with this. That status was last updated on 04/25 still showing an "In Production" status. The vehicle was invoiced on 04/12/2021. The Window Sticker shows that the order includes the Tough Bed Spray-In Bedliner which would cause the vehicle to be "Sent Offsite". Based on this information, there's no way to expect the vehicle to arrive at the dealership by the 05/14 ETA considering that it hasn't been released from the plant yet. Koon's Ford is a pretty large operation and I would have expected better from them!

1FT8W3BN5MED87066_WS.pdf

Thank you. Do you think it could just be waiting on the spray in liner? It’s been in production since 4/20 a week before the shutdown. 

14 minutes ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

Thank you. Do you think it could just be waiting on the spray in liner? It’s been in production since 4/20 a week before the shutdown. 

It's hard to know since the last status update was about two weeks ago. There would normally be at least one other update showing that the vehicle had been returned from the offsite location and then released for shipping.  

4 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's hard to know since the last status update was about two weeks ago. There would normally be at least one other update showing that the vehicle had been returned from the offsite location and then released for shipping.  

That’s what I figured. Hoping it’s not waiting on chips but just waiting for the plant to open back up to be returned and shipped. 

1 hour ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

That’s what I figured. Hoping it’s not waiting on chips but just waiting for the plant to open back up to be returned and shipped. 

If you're willing to accept what the Dealer is telling you based on information that's old then I won't care either. It could be sitting in a lot waiting for a chip installation and you'll never know and you'll rely on the old ETA information the Dealer is telling you!

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you're willing to accept what the Dealer is telling you based on information that's old then I won't care either. It could be sitting in a lot waiting for a chip installation and you'll never know and you'll rely on the old ETA information the Dealer is telling you!

I’m confused. So what do I do about this. There’s gotta be a way to know where the truck is

15 hours ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

I’m confused. So what do I do about this. There’s gotta be a way to know where the truck is

I'd wait until next week and then ask the Dealer to send you an updated Vehicle Visibility report in PDF format so you can read it clearly instead of a sloppy screen capture. If you're interested, you can ask them for the full report which will show the entire order history with every status update. 

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'd wait until next week and then ask the Dealer to send you an updated Vehicle Visibility report in PDF format so you can read it clearly instead of a sloppy screen capture. If you're interested, you can ask them for the full report which will show the entire order history with every status update. 

Okay I’ll do that. Just suprised how they can’t tell me anything seeing that the trucks supposed to be here this week lol. Obviously not. Gotta be some type of update in their that they refuse to see. 

6 minutes ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

Okay I’ll do that. Just suprised how they can’t tell me anything seeing that the trucks supposed to be here this week lol. Obviously not. Gotta be some type of update in their that they refuse to see. 

Part of the problem is that Ford provides no information to Dealers about when plants are being shut down due to this microchip situation meaning that Dealers have to rely on media reports for the information. From what I can find, the Kentucky Truck Plant was down the weeks of April 26th & May 3rd. Usually when the plants are closed everything stops and vehicles don't get released for shipping. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what they're doing now with the situation in general and/or whether retail ordered vehicles are being parked while waiting for required microchips, etc. One would like to think that retail ordered vehicles are being given the priority they deserve and being built and released for immediate shipping. Once a vehicle is released and loaded on a rail car, the average transit time is 2 weeks before arriving at the dealership. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Part of the problem is that Ford provides no information to Dealers about when plants are being shut down due to this microchip situation meaning that Dealers have to rely on media reports for the information. From what I can find, the Kentucky Truck Plant was down the weeks of April 26th & May 3rd. Usually when the plants are closed everything stops and vehicles don't get released for shipping. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what they're doing now with the situation in general and/or whether retail ordered vehicles are being parked while waiting for required microchips, etc. One would like to think that retail ordered vehicles are being given the priority they deserve and being built and released for immediate shipping. Once a vehicle is released and loaded on a rail car, the average transit time is 2 weeks before arriving at the dealership. 

That’s crummy. In today’s day and age, they should have instant communication throughout to be able to provide great customer service! 

Contacted the dealer today and they said the eta changed now to June 10 and wouldn’t give me any other info. Noticed today that on the tracker on the ford site the eta days went away and now just says “in production” but on the bottom of the page it still shows eta 5/14. Maybe it’ll be quicker but who knows. Really hoping it is. 

3 minutes ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

Contacted the dealer today and they said the eta changed now to June 10 and wouldn’t give me any other info. Noticed today that on the tracker on the ford site the eta days went away and now just says “in production” but on the bottom of the page it still shows eta 5/14. Maybe it’ll be quicker but who knows. Really hoping it is. 

Here’s the vin and order number if anyone’s able to look it up. 

1FT8W3BN5MED87066

order 9106

1 hour ago, Mattfranklin350 said:

The public tracking site isn't updated on as timely as basis as the Vehicle Visibility system that Dealers can access 24/7 and provides updates on every status change from the original order date, scheduling, production and shipping status.

Thanks for the insight!  It would be nice if the dealerships as a courtesy just sent a copy of this report out every week to folks who have vehicles on order, instead of having to ask for it.  I'm going to though =).

1 hour ago, Brocan said:

Ditto ! on having the Dealer just send out weekly reports , should be automatic for a salesperson to take care of his customer base ! 

For 30+ years... each morning I prepared a retail and fleet factory order status report that was sent to all managers and available to the sales representatives.