F-150 BEV to be called Lightning

26 minutes ago, Ramrod79 said:

Let’s not ask for to much now!  Lol. 

:) 

Good point Ramrod79. Ford got the name for BEV F-150 right, so what really matters at this point is Ford's ability to launch BEV F-150 (Lightning) on schedule and without any major quality control issues. 

What a coup d’ etat in naming the truck the “Lightening”.

Absolutely perfect use of that storied name. 

Can’t wait to see what they do with the “frunk” on an F150. 

Ford has driven a stake into the hearts of Ram and the GM twins. They are apparently life cycles behind but hey they have hemis and Corvettes. 

Seriously Ford was kind of sucking wind with the relatively weaker 4.6/5.4 in terms of torque. 

An entire generation ago they introduce an EcoBoost line of engines which turned out to be fabulous and really changed customers perceptions on light truck power. 

Them they go and take a ton of crap thrown at them for the aluminum bodies but it turns out their payload capacity is most often higher because of the vehicle weight savings. 

Now this! An electric F150 that probably will not be so far out as to turn off traditional customers but at least be on the cutting edge in terms of where the future is going. 

FCA was buying Tesla carbon credits to offset their hemi into everything strategy. 

GM has probably got some solid plans but they certainly aren’t leading like they have in the past. They seem to be lost a little bit. 

They have no Raptor fighter, they have no serious off roader close to being ready. 

To my knowledge they have no answer to the F450,550 and 600.

I’m not saying they can’t or won’t but they have some catching to do in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

GM has probably got some solid plans but they certainly aren’t leading like they have in the past. They seem to be lost a little bit. 

The GM EV truck will be built on the same skateboard chassis as the Hummer EV. That's already known.

34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They could call a performance model Lightning Thunder lol.

(I thought about Lightning Bolt, but Chevy has the Bolt name now).

Thunderbolt is an older Ford name—they were drag strip monster Galaxies back in the ‘60s.