Mach-E sales down?

HotRunrGuy

34 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I would have thought the 6700 produced in March would have resulted in higher April sales.  Unless they're "produced", but waiting on chips to ship?

https://www.investors.com/news/ford-stock-mustang-mach-e-sales-slow-after-taking-tesla-market-share/?src=A00220

HRG

There's a backlog of Mustang Mach-E retail orders in which the cars have been produced but are not ready to ship to dealerships, for whatever reasons. My wife's Mustang Mach-E First Edition falls into this category.

Also, monthly sales numbers should be compared against the same month a year prior, not to the previous month or 2 like the investors.com article did. Ford should immediately return to quarterly sales reporting. There is no good reason to report monthly sales numbers for the media.

Edited by rperez817

10 hours ago, rperez817 said:

There's a backlog of Mustang Mach-E retail orders in which the cars have been produced but are not ready to ship to dealerships, for whatever reasons. My wife's Mustang Mach-E First Edition falls into this category.

Also, monthly sales numbers should be compared against the same month a year prior, not to the previous month or 2 like the investors.com article did. Ford should immediately return to quarterly sales reporting. There is no good reason to report monthly sales numbers for the media.

And Dealers are really just now starting to get some Mach-E stock units to add to the units in the transportation service program. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, BlueOvalRod said:

I think a lot of it has to do with Mach-Es stuck at the factory and also dealers, at least in Southern California charging their Market Adjustment. 

exactly...we are unable to sell any right now...as we don't have any.....that may effect sales #'s

27 minutes ago, Deanh said:

exactly...we are unable to sell any right now...as we don't have any.....that may effect sales #'s

On 5/5/2021 at 7:55 AM, akirby said:

Let’s not forget that half of that production goes to Europe.

Found 'em!  https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2021/05/05/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-norway-delivery/4941557001/

HRG

Mach-E Norway.JPG

• 10 months later...

Honestly the tactics of many dealerships and logistical nightmares contribute to to lower sales. I have been patiently waiting and ford has missed every deadline given. Plus take control of the corrupt dealership practices. My dealership attempt to do a 30K markup on my order. Luckily I was prepared. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence G said:

Honestly the tactics of many dealerships and logistical nightmares contribute to to lower sales. I have been patiently waiting and ford has missed every deadline given. Plus take control of the corrupt dealership practices. My dealership attempt to do a 30K markup on my order. Luckily I was prepared. 

Ford is doing everything possible to schedule, produce and deliver retail Mustang Mach-E orders. Production of certain models is sold out for the 2022 Model Year and orders with the extended range battery packs are taking longer to schedule due to commodity restraints. Demand vs. supply has exceeded expectations and Ford is doing everything they can to increase production in order to meet the demand for the Mustang Mach-E which continues to receive rave reviews. The wait will be worth it!

• Like 1