Explorer Timberline

33 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

This would be perfect with about a little more ground clearance and the ST grille. With the lights in the grille, I think lots of people will think you are the police.New-2021-Ford-Explorer-Timberline_03.jpg

It actually uses the police Explorer grille. Ford just replaced the blue and red light bars with white LED in the grille. And according to the press release, it also has beefed up suspension from the police package (PIU has heavy duty shocks but not the lift)

I really like the extra distance Ford went on Timberline. They started this trend a decade ago with FX4 but that seems so tame now with Tremor on the truck. I guess Timberline is basically Tremor but for SUVs. I think Edge and Escape Timberline will do well too but Ford probably won't do it until Bronco and Bronco Sport is well established in the market. 

47 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I really like the extra distance Ford went on Timberline. They started this trend a decade ago with FX4 but that seems so tame now with Tremor on the truck. I guess Timberline is basically Tremor but for SUVs. I think Edge and Escape Timberline will do well too but Ford probably won't do it until Bronco and Bronco Sport is well established in the market. 

I’d say it’s more like the Active models Europe gets. Tremor seems to be up another level. 

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

It actually uses the police Explorer grille. Ford just replaced the blue and red light bars with white LED in the grille. And according to the press release, it also has beefed up suspension from the police package (PIU has heavy duty shocks but not the lift)

That isn't the police grille, it's a unique one.

This is the police one:

2020 Ford Police Interceptor Looks Ready To Fight Crime

• Thanks 1

This model turned out better than I thought it would.  Too bad they didn’t add adjustable ride height, to improve the ride height over their modest increase.  It would also be nice if they had a motor to slot in between the 3.0 and the 2.3.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’d say it’s more like the Active models Europe gets. Tremor seems to be up another level. 

Active are FWD with no offroad stuff. Active is all just for looks like ST-line but with suspension lift (whereas ST-line has suspension drop).

Timberline is definitely more like Tremor - standard 4WD, lifted suspension with offroad/beefier shocks, skid plates, limited slip differential, all terrain tires.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That isn't the police grille, it's a unique one.

This is the police one:

You are right. Timberline grille has an extra horizontal trim piece above the actual grille opening. 

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

You are right. Timberline grille has an extra horizontal trim piece above the actual grille opening. 

The shapes are completely different.  The Timberline's is squared off at the corners and terminates at the lower corners of the headlights, whereas the police (and other regular models) grille extends under the headlights.

2021 Ford Explorer Timberline

2020 Ford Police Interceptor Looks Ready To Fight Crime

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 10:07 AM, T-dubz said:

This would be perfect with about a little more ground clearance and the ST grille. 

Late to the party here but I too loved the green that I ended up ordering an ST in this same green.  Now to get a build date for it.  Now I wish I could get the green interior with it as well but 1 for 2 aint bad.

• 2 years later...