x plan

You need to have a friend of family member who works for Ford or hold 100 shares of stock for 6 months or join a club like Mustang Club of America or work for a Ford partner company.

But if they’re asking MSRP what makes you think they would accept X plan?

The dealer that I finally placed my '22 F-350 Lariat order with last week, (as was the case with others I spoke to), was charging MSRP, with the only discounting being any factory rebates/incentives currently offered.

Upon discovering in the 9th inning of the process that X-Plan was offered through my wife's employer, the dealer gladly accepted it, in addition to any Ford incentives that may become available before delivery day.

The X-Plan discount was sizeable, and I'm pleased with the final price!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

The dealer that I finally placed my '22 F-350 Lariat order with last week, (as was the case with others I spoke to), was charging MSRP, with the only discounting being any factory rebates/incentives currently offered.

Upon discovering in the 9th inning of the process that X-Plan was offered through my wife's employer, the dealer gladly accepted it, in addition to any Ford incentives that may become available before delivery day.

Congratulations! With the tight inventory situation, reduced production due to the microchip shortage, reduced incentives and many Dealers eliminating their discounts and selling at MSRP the X Plan is even more valuable these days. Hope your new truck gets scheduled, produced and shipped within a reasonable time!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, d232799 said:

Hi guys,  just ordered a 2022 F350 King and wondered about how I can get a x plan #.   the dealer is nice enough to order me a truck,  but tell me they need sticker price.  can anyone help?  thanks bob

Hi d23. Here is one list of Ford X-Plan Partner Companies: https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

As others have mentioned, if you or your wife works for one of the listed companies, you can obtain the X-Plan Partner Company ID PIN number, which then allows access to the Ford X-Plan Partner website. There, you can then obtain an X-Plan PIN, learn the X-Plan rules, etc. The Partner Company employee (You/your wife etc.) will first need to contact their HR Department to get the Partner Company ID PIN, which you would then use to access the Ford Partner X-Plan website.

I am not sure how up to date/complete that list is. However, once a company is on the X-Plan Partner list, they generally never come off. So if anything, a more current list would include even more companies.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

EDIT- Just wanted to add: Acceptance of X-Plan sales is at Dealer discretion. So as akirby has mentioned, the Dealer is under no obligation to accept an X-Plan PIN...especially after a sales contract has been signed. So this is something you will need to address and negotiate with your selling Dealer. Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

1 hour ago, Tncdrew said:

Not doubting your story at all but I don’t understand why a dealer would do this.  Even with the Spiff check I would assume the final selling price to the dealer is only $500 - $750 over invoice which is far below MSRP on a F-350 Lariat.   They’re not obligated to accept X plan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tncdrew said:

The quickest no non-sense way to get instant x-plan is to join eaa.org for $40.  But you may have to cancel your order and find a different dealer who will take it.

Thanks Ice-Capades! I've ordered several vehicles over the last 30 years. Most were 30-45 days from order to delivery. The worst was a BMW back in '02 that took 7 months!! 

I'm not getting too worked up over this potential materials induced delay. 2020/2021 have been FUBAR! LOL, What are you going to do....

thanks for the replies;   and I realize they may not take a x plan after I put the deposit down,  but was wondering.  They may take the x plan since my trade is a very clean 2015 f350 King with 43K and it'll sell for 4-5K more than they plan on giving me on trade.  Therefore they will do well after I leave with my new Godzilla King.  Guess I could join the Mustang Club now and hope I get the truck in 91 days.  bob

1 hour ago, d232799 said:

thanks for the replies;   and I realize they may not take a x plan after I put the deposit down,  but was wondering.  They may take the x plan since my trade is a very clean 2015 f350 King with 43K and it'll sell for 4-5K more than they plan on giving me on trade.  Therefore they will do well after I leave with my new Godzilla King.  Guess I could join the Mustang Club now and hope I get the truck in 91 days.  bob

Technically you have to notify them you’re using x plan before negotiating but most dealers won’t care.  

15 minutes ago, John Hopkinson said:

If anyone is interested another way to get X-plan is joining Mustang Club of America.  It's a win win deal!

Yes but be aware the rules have changed.  You need a higher level of membership and there is a longer waiting period.

• 1 month later...

Dealer I have my truck ordered from has told me they will take an X-Plan PIN.

I had already joined the MCA, which requires you be a member for 90 days before the PIN becomes valid for use.

My truck is scheduled for the week of Aug. 2nd, and 90 days from when I joined MCA is Aug. 11, so no way the truck will land before my PIN is valid.

But, I also emailed the admin at the Ford Partner website, and they emailed me back saying I only had to wait 60 days, so I don't know what the deal is with that. 

On 5/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, ice-capades said:

Congratulations! With the tight inventory situation, reduced production due to the microchip shortage, reduced incentives and many Dealers eliminating their discounts and selling at MSRP the X Plan is even more valuable these days. Hope your new truck gets scheduled, produced and shipped within a reasonable time!

Thank you Ice-capades! According to the employee that moderates the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" thread, I've got a VIN, and am "Scheduled to Day (Jul-19-2021)"... Fingers crossed that it holds!

9 minutes ago, DugeBunker said:

You can also join EAA for $40/yr to get X-plan access.  Same 90 day waiting period applies but I think you can still get your PIN right away, whether dealer or Ford accepts it right away though, I have no knowledge.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membership/eaa-member-benefits/discount-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

Yeah, for the Mustang Club of America membership, they have three levels, base level isn't eligible for the X-Plan, mid level is $35, gets you everything but the monthly magazine only comes electronically, top level is $50 and you get a print copy of the magazine(still waiting for my first issue!).

18 minutes ago, DugeBunker said:

You can also join EAA for $40/yr to get X-plan access.  Same 90 day waiting period applies but I think you can still get your PIN right away, whether dealer or Ford accepts it right away though, I have no knowledge.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membership/eaa-member-benefits/discount-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

Thanks, I just signed up and grabbed a PIN immediately. The PIN generation page stated there was a 60 day membership requirement. Figured I would give it a shot... Have a feeling it will be a while before my truck shows then maybe another long shot at dealer accepting it at this point, but at $40 I'll try.

17 minutes ago, Ltngdrvr said:

Yeah, for the Mustang Club of America membership, they have three levels, base level isn't eligible for the X-Plan, mid level is $35, gets you everything but the monthly magazine only comes electronically, top level is $50 and you get a print copy of the magazine(still waiting for my first issue!).

EAA offers mail and or digital magazine but no discount for digital magazine.  

8 minutes ago, klinc said:

Thanks, I just signed up and grabbed a PIN immediately. The PIN generation page stated there was a 60 day membership requirement. Figured I would give it a shot... Have a feeling it will be a while before my truck shows then maybe another long shot at dealer accepting it at this point, but at $40 I'll try.

Good deal!  They have a few other discount benefits that may be of use.  I didn't look into the MCA full benefits as the EAA seemed more interesting to me aside from the whole "get X-plan pricing access for $40".   I signed up for the family 5 yr membership in hopes of using the free museum access when traveling.  Wishful thinking.

Let us know if you have any troubles with using the PIN inside of the 90 days.

Edited by DugeBunker
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, F2tremor7 said:

Anyone know if a dealer will take X plan after you have put down a deposit?

Supposedly you are required to tell them you have a X-plan PIN beforehand, but most dealers don't care, although they are not required to accept x-plan at all, it's the dealer's choice.

10 hours ago, Ltngdrvr said:

Went with MCA because I have a Mustang and am a big enthusiast.

My truck is my work travel vehicle.

EAA didn't hold my interest much.

?

I used to own a Mustang. 1991 LX Coupe but sold it years ago to get into Jeepin’. 

Don’t own an airplane, just grew up in a Navy family around them. 

10 minutes ago, rsmith2786 said:

My dealer accepted x-plan when I placed the order back in March, but when I recently contacted the salesman for an update on my order he did mention they weren't taking it on any more orders.  I'm locked in, but it sounds like things have changed for them recently. 

Sounds like they got greedy.

Hope they don't screw you over when your truck lands.