x plan

1 hour ago, Ltngdrvr said:

Sounds like they got 

How is it being greedy when the dealer who normally sells 100 vehicles per month is only able to sell 10?  Market price right now is MSRP with no rebates - everywhere.  Please try to keep some context here.

1 hour ago, rsmith2786 said:

My dealer accepted x-plan when I placed the order back in March, but when I recently contacted the salesman for an update on my order he did mention they weren't taking it on any more orders.  I'm locked in, but it sounds like things have changed for them recently. 

I called my local dealer and they weren't taking x-plan and wanted $1000 over invoice if I ordered through them.  I found a larger dealership in Dallas that did accept the x-plan.  When I called them after placing my order and spoke with the Sales Manager, he said they were NOT accepting x-plan for Super Duty trucks.  After speaking with the GM, he assured me I would get x-plan, so it sounds like they aren't taking it any longer.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:56 PM, DugeBunker said:

You can also join EAA for $40/yr to get X-plan access.  Same 90 day waiting period applies but I think you can still get your PIN right away, whether dealer or Ford accepts it right away though, I have no knowledge.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membership/eaa-member-benefits/discount-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

I just joined and I am looking for the pin # How don I get It

Thanks Mitch

On 8/24/2021 at 6:28 AM, mitch42 said:

I just joined and I am looking for the pin # How don I get It

Thanks Mitch

Log in and go here: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membership/eaa-member-benefits/discount-programs/ford-partner-recognition-program

Take note of this 90 day restriction.  I believe the sale date is the day you pick it up, not order it. I may be mistaken though. I've not attempted to use it yet.

image.png.61133ffb9a78f250d28caa6797a5fd9e.png

Edited by DugeBunker

On 8/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, Overthebars said:

I had to call multiple dealerships before I could find one willing to take xplan most lied and said ford was the one who stopped it and not that they as a dealership just weren't doing it anymore 

Wow, that is slimy, but not shocking.

I actually just found out that my employer participates in the plan; my salesman immediately told me it would be no problem.