x plan

It took looking into 7 or 8 dealers for me to find one that would take x-plan.  Most of them flat out said that they were not accepting it at this time.  Two of them said that they would take it only if I had a vehicle to trade.  They may as well have said that they were going to make up the difference with a lowball trade offer...uh, no thanks.  I finally found a dealer to order from with no strings attached.  I'm not sure how many they have on order or their allocation, but I ordered on 7/21 and received confirmation the same day.  Otherwise, crickets.  I did change my tremor order to platinum instead of lariat a few weeks ago, so that probably won't help speed things along.  Luckily, I'm not on a tight schedule to get the truck.

Can you place your order before the 90 day waiting period is up and still get the xplan pricing if it takes the 90 days to arrive? Also are you still eligible for any other incentives such as 0% financing and rebates if they are available either when order is placed or come up why waiting on delivery.

Thanks 

46 minutes ago, mitch42 said:

Can you place your order before the 90 day waiting period is up and still get the xplan pricing if it takes the 90 days to arrive? Also are you still eligible for any other incentives such as 0% financing and rebates if they are available either when order is placed or come up why waiting on delivery.

Thanks 

Yes and yes unless the incentives specifically say not available with x plan.  But almost all public incentives and PCOs are x plan eligible.

You have the choice of the incentives at order time or at delivery time but you can’t mix and match.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Yes and yes unless the incentives specifically say not available with x plan.  But almost all public incentives and PCOs are x plan eligible.

You have the choice of the incentives at order time or at delivery time but you can’t mix and match.

So if they have incentives at the time of my order i can choose then or gamble and hope they have something better at arrival time or can I choose something that might come up why waiting on it to arrive

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mitch42 said:

So if they have incentives at the time of my order i can choose then or gamble and hope they have something better at arrival time or can I choose something that might come up why waiting on it to arrive

Thanks 

You don’t have to gamble.  Once the dealer locks in incentive protection (not sure if they still have to do this manually or if it’s automatic now) you get to choose at time of delivery.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, Ltngdrvr said:

Dealer I have my truck ordered from has told me they will take an X-Plan PIN.

I had already joined the MCA, which requires you be a member for 90 days before the PIN becomes valid for use.

My truck is scheduled for the week of Aug. 2nd, and 90 days from when I joined MCA is Aug. 11, so no way the truck will land before my PIN is valid.

But, I also emailed the admin at the Ford Partner website, and they emailed me back saying I only had to wait 60 days, so I don't know what the deal is with that. 

But you could join EAA.org for $40 and get a pin instantly as mentioned above.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:19 AM, Edunn37 said:

It took looking into 7 or 8 dealers for me to find one that would take x-plan.  Most of them flat out said that they were not accepting it at this time.  Two of them said that they would take it only if I had a vehicle to trade.  They may as well have said that they were going to make up the difference with a lowball trade offer...uh, no thanks.  I finally found a dealer to order from with no strings attached.  I'm not sure how many they have on order or their allocation, but I ordered on 7/21 and received confirmation the same day.  Otherwise, crickets.  I did change my tremor order to platinum instead of lariat a few weeks ago, so that probably won't help speed things along.  Luckily, I'm not on a tight schedule to get the truck.

I guess I should be blessed I was able to get D plan in this economy.

19 minutes ago, Suncoast said:

I guess I should be blessed I was able to get D plan in this economy.

D Plan sales are restricted to eligible dealership employees and their families.

D-Plan

An eligible Ford or Lincoln dealership employee may generate up to 2 (two) PINs per calendar year to be used toward the purchase/lease of a new vehicle for them or their eligible family members as noted below (see PIN Generation for details): • D-Plan Privileges Program certified dealership employees and eligible family members. NOTE: Your eligibility will become effective within 3 days following your dealership's certification. • Active Dealership employee participants must be entered in STARS. •

The following family members are eligible to participate:

• Spouse
  • Parents (including stepparents)
  • Spouse's parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouse's grandparents
  • Sons and daughters (including in-laws and stepchildren)
  • Grandchildren
  • Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

Does anyone happen to know the American Motorcyclist Association partner code? I have been an AMA member for 15+ years now and according to the list of partners, this should be one of them....just can't seem to find the code....

Google says AMA01 but that code is deactivated and not valid.  AMA doesn’t mention it so it must be discontinued.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, Ltngdrvr said:

Dealer I have my truck ordered from has told me they will take an X-Plan PIN.

I had already joined the MCA, which requires you be a member for 90 days before the PIN becomes valid for use.

My truck is scheduled for the week of Aug. 2nd, and 90 days from when I joined MCA is Aug. 11, so no way the truck will land before my PIN is valid.

But, I also emailed the admin at the Ford Partner website, and they emailed me back saying I only had to wait 60 days, so I don't know what the deal is with that. 

I got my pin# August 24 and want to place my order next week when the F150 orders open up and I do not think In would have it before the 90 days comes up but would like to know if for some reason it did come in before the 90 days how strict they would be on that. Any Ideas?

Thanks Mitch

2 hours ago, mitch42 said:

I got my pin# August 24 and want to place my order next week when the F150 orders open up and I do not think In would have it before the 90 days comes up but would like to know if for some reason it did come in before the 90 days how strict they would be on that. Any Ideas?

Thanks Mitch

It’s up to the dealer whether they check the time limit.  Ford definitely cares and they do audit x plan sales and there are consequences if they’re caught not following the rules.

Youre probably fine given your dates.  Worst case the dealer could just hold off completing the sale for a week or two or they could just give you the x plan price without using the pin.

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s up to the dealer whether they check the time limit.  Ford definitely cares and they do audit x plan sales and there are consequences if they’re caught not following the rules.

Youre probably fine given your dates.  Worst case the dealer could just hold off completing the sale for a week or two or they could just give you the x plan price without using the pin.

Whats is the build time during normal times usually ? Not now with whats going on. I feel like I would be very lucky if I put in an order end of next week and it being built and delivered by Nov 20 . What are your thoughts on that

Thanks 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mitch42 said:

Whats is the build time during normal times usually ? Not now with whats going on. I feel like I would be very lucky if I put in an order end of next week and it being built and delivered by Nov 20 . What are your thoughts on that

Thanks 

I'm not sure of the build times normally.  All that depends on the vehicle popularity.  

You don't need to have an X plan pin when you order the vehicle.  Just let the dealer know it is going to be an X plan purchase.  You can obtain the pin closer to your vehicle delivery date.  That way it won't expire.

1 hour ago, mitch42 said:

Thanks 

Normally it’s 5-8 weeks if dealer allocation is available and no commodity holds.

46 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

You don't need to have an X plan pin when you order the vehicle.  Just let the dealer know it is going to be an X plan purchase.  You can obtain the pin closer to your vehicle delivery date.  That way it won't expire.

He has a pin and already ordered.  But the club rules state you can’t use the pin until you’ve been a member for 90 days.  If the truck comes in before the 90 days then technically he can’t use the pin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I got $5500 off the MSRP from my dealer when I ordered it on 8-6.. I dont think I qualified for the x plan price. I did get the "first responder" $500 discount tho on top of the discount. MSRP $79,120 down to  $72,120

What did you order?

Thanks Mitch

On 9/26/2021 at 7:28 AM, OREGUNFIRE said:

Mitch,

I ordered a f250 lariat, 4x4 cc, diesel, ultimate, with 5th wheel and goose neck, trailering, all the cameras, Black out edition, floor mats, mud flaps ect. NO sunroof as my 2020 has it and never use it, no snow plow prep and no adaptive steering.

Edited by OREGUNFIRE