All Electric Ford F-150 Lightning to be revealed on May 19 at 930 pm ET

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I doubt if it has 4WD, 600+hp, and 700 pounds of torque plus 300 mile range. But starting price of $40,000 is impressive and competitors will have trouble meeting that price point. Figure base Lightning will have 200 mile range, 2WD, 400 pounds of torque, and 350 hp. 

Did you watch the video or read the material?

4WD standard on all models.  250 mile range standard.

Just realized the batteries solve the age old problem with trucks and winter, too light of a back end for traction. 

It would be cool looking for the old standard cab short bed, like the previous Lightnings.

Still not sure if BEV is a good fit in the Twin Cities, for heat in the cab and how the batteries like extreme cold.

One last question, when they are mentioning the 80 Amp charger, that's not 240VAC 80 amp coming from the house breaker panel, right?

• Like 1

I actually had some friends over with some drinks to watch it...I think everyone was shocked at $39K for starting price but we figured the norm would be $70k+.  Bill did a good job, Linda was a bit nervous but did well, but personally... I was wondering what issues Jim had.. Either the pants were too tight (totally off the mark), or he doesn't know how to walk graciously on stage, oh he's bow-legged, but something was off with him.

• Like 1

Did it mention cab configurations? Regular cab with the same batteries would be pretty sweet. If they are all crew cab, how are you supposed to charge them at home? Most people probably can’t fit a crew cab in the garage.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

It might be dual 40 amp circuits.  It has 2 charge ports.

That's still a lot of juice coming into the house, along with everything else that is on. 

Which the idea of charging overnight makes sense. But with two BEVs I'm guessing they would have to swap days, Car A even days, Car B odd days.

5 minutes ago, slemke said:

The rear looks really good.  Tailgate likely fits on any F150.

No.  The outer edges of the tailgate bumps out "into" the taillights.  Regular models it's straight up and down.  The attachment points are likely the same, but you won't be able to plug and play.

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Did it mention cab configurations? Regular cab with the same batteries would be pretty sweet. If they are all crew cab, how are you supposed to charge them at home? Most people probably can’t fit a crew cab in the garage.

I believe SuperCrew only.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see the response over the next couple days and how many are ordered.  With government incentives, the XLT is competitively priced with conventional mid tier trucks.  Should be a good around town vehicle.  Range is limited for road trip use.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Grills on cars/trucks are a huge part of overall styling. Some BEVs give me the same look at seeing someone with no eyebrows or something. 

I actually laughed out loud regarding the eyebrows comment, but yes, I totally agree with you on this.  

17 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Unless the incentives change (Biden wants to, but congress is split) it’s likely Fords incentives will go away before any meaningful Lightning sales. 

Anyone know what they're at now?

Isn't it 200k when it kicks in?

Have they sold anywhere near that many plug in models?

34 minutes ago, slemke said:

It will be interesting to see the response over the next couple days and how many are ordered.  With government incentives, the XLT is competitively priced with conventional mid tier trucks.  Should be a good around town vehicle.  Range is limited for road trip use.

Size-wise it's too big for me

However if they ever did a Ranger version of this I could get on board 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Anyone know what they're at now?

Isn't it 200k when it kicks in?

Have they sold anywhere near that many plug in models?

Last estimate I saw had it around 65k but that seemed high to me. I think that was both FHEV and PHEV combined. 

Impressive reveal and impressive truck! They hit a homerun with this one in terms of capability, features, and even pricing. Linda was certainly nervous but also beaming with pride with her work as chief engineer... and she should be! I like how the Mach-E and E-Transit also rolled up on stage at the end to show Ford's EVs.

I went on Ford's site to check out prices and options out of curiosity. It took me two times to wait a minute before getting in due to high traffic. After reading the info and viewing pictures on the F-150 Lightning page, I went on to the reservation button. However, after selecting the local dealership, it asked me to either log in or create a Ford customer account before even proceeding with the 'reservation' process. I don't have a customer account nor do I want to set one up just to view the features and prices of the new Lightning. I'm not a customer with intentions to buy one since I ceased driving over 20 years ago due to my low vision, though I'm a Ford enthusiast. But seems odd they require logging into account before proceeding after selecting dealership. I guess Ford wants to make sure that those customers who are serious about reserving would already be logged into their accounts to speed up the process, which makes sense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

[...]it asked me to either log in or create a Ford customer account before even proceeding with the 'reservation' process. I don't have a customer account nor do I want to set one up just to view the features and prices of the new Lightning. I'm not a customer with intentions to buy one since I ceased driving over 20 years ago due to my low vision, though I'm a Ford enthusiast. But seems odd they require logging into account before proceeding after selecting dealership. I guess Ford wants to make sure that those customers who are serious about reserving would already be logged into their accounts to speed up the process, which makes sense.

There is no build and price yet. It's just a $100 blanket reservation to order specific trim / variant at a future date. The login is to associate your reservation with your account and make the payment. It's pretty much the last step of the process.

• Thanks 1