All Electric Ford F-150 Lightning to be revealed on May 19 at 930 pm ET

1 hour ago, Willwll313wll said:

Guys.... This is amazing.... The entirety of it.... That's all. ☺️

Proud of anyone who worked on this, proud of the company, and... just really excited for the industry.

Perfectly said Willwll313wll sir. F-150 Lightning is Ford's most important new product introduction of the 21st century, and Ford's reveal event for it tonight demonstrates how serious they are about not just surviving, but thriving as the automotive industry goes all electric.

Congratulations to everyone at Ford involved with developing BEV F-150 Lightning, your efforts will be rewarded in the marketplace.

• Like 1

They're definitely marketing it as a PowerWall type feature - the ford charger can reverse and take power from the F-150 to your home. Except in the middle of a power-cut you can't drive the Tesla PowerWall to the charge station to get more electricity, but you can with the F-150 lightning!

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Anyone know what they're at now?

Isn't it 200k when it kicks in?

Have they sold anywhere near that many plug in models?

jasonj80 calculated earlier in this thread that Ford has sold about 126,000 plug-in vehicles that have been eligible for the federal income tax credit in the U.S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petemill said:

There is no build and price yet. It's just a $100 blanket reservation to order specific trim / variant at a future date. The login is to associate your reservation with your account and make the payment. It's pretty much the last step of the process.

Oh was not aware that it's just the reservation to hold it. I was expecting similar to the Mustang Mach-E reservation process after reveal, where people could look at the various trim lines with battery pack options to choose for actual reservations. I did read elsewhere that the actual Build & Price will be up sometime in fall which would make sense. Ford still hasn't even put up the B&P of Tremor and Raptor of current F-150 yet. But still a great reveal of a fantastic truck though.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

3 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Oh was not aware that it's just the reservation to hold it. I was expecting similar to the Mustang Mach-E reservation process after reveal, where people could look at the various trim lines with battery pack options to choose for actual reservations. I did read elsewhere that the actual Build & Price will be up sometime in fall which would make sense. Ford still hasn't even put up the B&P of Tremor and Raptor of current F-150 yet. But still a great reveal of a fantastic truck though.

This article I posted a few pages back gives a good idea of what trims and options there are.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Oh thanks. I'll go read that now. There were lots of posts being made at the same time I must have missed it earlier. lol

Yeah, it got lost as the last post on a page before it flipped to a new page as people were chiming in.

• Like 1

This truck is a real revolutionary truck, for real life. A different kind of beast than the Tesla’s Cyber-Joke.  The range, the capabilities, the price, that gigantic and innovative frunk, made this truck a revolution. 

I can imagine everybody at GM design department running to the drawing board to redone the Silverado EV!  

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things, an XLT Lightning for $53K before a tax break isn't bad at all...its roughly the same price as its gas powered equivalent which is huge. But I'm also going to assume that it won't have the same type of incentives that the regular F-150 does either. 

9 hours ago, jniffen said:

One last question, when they are mentioning the 80 Amp charger, that's not 240VAC 80 amp coming from the house breaker panel, right?

Car & Driver is reporting the need for a 100-amp circuit for the Charge Station Pro.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36480020/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-charge-station-pro-explained/

HRG

Charge Station Pro.JPG

They did it.  They truly made an electric vehicle for the masses.  Pricing is on point, features are on point and capability is more than on point. They made giving up your gasser for an EV as painless and financially prudent as possible.

The best-selling vehicle in the US is going to catapult EV sales further into the mainstream and pull the rest of the offerings up with it.  This is a huge moment and possibly a tide-turner for the EV movement.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

This is a huge moment and possibly a tide-turner for the EV movement.

Yes sir Anthony. Also, it's a tide turner for the U.S. automotive industry. Yesterday's unveiling of F-150 Lightning makes it clear that all 3 of the "Big 3" U.S. based automakers (Ford, Tesla, GM) are now in a position to be leaders in an automotive industry whose future is defined by 100% electric vehicles.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, papilgee4evaeva said:

Me thinking how I think, I'm saying "now do the Expedition!"

F-150 Lightning and E-Transit have kicked off the BEV revolution within Ford's lineup of body on frame vehicles. Expect BEV Expedition, Navigator, and Ranger to be announced within the next couple of years.

Interesting editorial from Eric Tingwall at Car and Driver. Mr. Tingwall wants Ford to make a hi-po supertruck version of F-150 Lightning. Lightning Struck Ford's F-150 Twice. This Time, I Think It Missed (caranddriver.com)

"An electric F-150 marks a watershed moment for the EV movement. Ford is signaling that it thinks mass-market buyers are ready to trade their V-6 and V-8 engines for electric motors, and I think they are absolutely right. But there's another group of F-150 owners that will be the last holdouts in making this transition. You won't reach those people with reason or appeals to the conscience. Instead, you need something with 800-plus horsepower that can drop a Hellcat at a traffic light, hang with a Porsche 911 in the twisties, and out-tow any light-duty Silverado to get the skeptics interested and excited about EVs. Unless Ford isn't showing us everything it's got planned for the Lightning, the lack of a $100,000 street-performance version feels like low-hanging fruit left on the vine."

9 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Interesting editorial from Eric Tingwall at Car and Driver. Mr. Tingwall wants Ford to make a hi-po supertruck version of F-150 Lightning. Lightning Struck Ford's F-150 Twice. This Time, I Think It Missed (caranddriver.com)

Typical C&D.  It would be foolish not to think that Ford will produce a high performance version just like Mach-E GT within a year.   This is what sets Ford apart from Tesla and GM.

11 hours ago, rperez817 said:

jasonj80 calculated earlier in this thread that Ford has sold about 126,000 plug-in vehicles that have been eligible for the federal income tax credit in the U.S.

Biden in Dearborn talked about expanding that tax credit......don't know if he needs 60 votes in Senate to sign it into law. 

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

It would be foolish not to think that Ford will produce a high performance version just like Mach-E GT within a year.

Yes sir akirby. I'm confident Ford will make the kind of supertruck Mr. Tingwall wants. It would have been nice for Ford to at least hint at that product in yesterday's event though.