All Electric Ford F-150 Lightning to be revealed on May 19 at 930 pm ET

47 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

What if it's two consecutive strikes?

43 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

you’re the unluckiest bloke on the planet 

Or among the luckiest, depending on how you see things. Luckiest of all regarding lightning is the late Roy C. Sullivan, a Shenandoah National Park ranger. He was struck by lightning 7 times and survived all of the strikes. In the 2nd strike, he was hit while in a Ford pickup truck. In the 5th one, he was struck shortly after he exited the truck.

Ultimately Mr. Sullivan committed suicide at age 71.

img?institutionId=0&user=0&id=172430338&

Roy_C._Sullivan.jpg

Edited by rperez817

17 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Leave the back 2 rows folded down, and pretend it's a mid-size pickup with a permanent cap,,,,

Hey, at least you can slide 48" wide sheets in.

HRG

Now knock 500-600 pounds off, and add the supercharged V8 and you are there.

18 hours ago, akirby said:

I’ll try this one more time and then I’ll drop it.

The profit from selling a few thousand Lightnings would not even pay for the powertrain development, testing and tuning and epa certification.

Ford would not only lose money they would divert resources from other projects.

Dealer greed with most dealers adding ADM's is what limits the sales on vehicles like these. I won't pay an ADM. If Ford prohibited ADM's, sales would've easily reached 10,000 a year or more instead of 5,000 a year. There is a much bigger market for performance now than there was in 2000. But Ford wants us all driving little Eco's or moving to electrics. I can't imagine driving to Cali to see my son in an electric Lightning. The infrastructure is just not there out west. Charge times are too long. It would take a week to get there instead of a day and a half. I'm not sold. Maybe in a decade.

Edited by LSchicago

33 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Dealer greed with most dealers adding ADM's is what limits the sales on vehicles like these. I won't pay an ADM. If Ford prohibited ADM's, sales would've easily reached 10,000 a year or more instead of 5,000 a year. There is a much bigger market for performance now than there was in 2000. But Ford wants us all driving little Eco's or moving to electrics. I can't imagine driving to Cali to see my son in an electric Lightning. The infrastructure is just not there out west. Charge times are too long. It would take a week to get there instead of a day and a half. I'm not sold. Maybe in a decade.

Most Dealers don't use ADM's except on very specific vehicles such as the limited production Shelby GT's. Dealers have little choice but to add ADM's to Shelby's due to the relatively small markup between the Invoice and MSRP. Then factor in the fee paid to Ford in order to be a Shelby Dealer, the parts stocking requirement and technician certifications.

It's still a bit premature to speculate about pricing on the F-150 Lightning. If the vehicle doesn't meet your needs or you don't want to pay an ADM that a Dealer may try to charge, don't buy the vehicle. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

You can get a 700+ hp supercharged RCSB F150 for less than $50k.  But Ford probably isn’t making a factory version and certainly not less than $50k.

Those are the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSchicago said:

rubbish..they sell every one...ADMS do NOT hinder \sales on low volume halo vehicles...on mainstream YES...halos no. And we do t even know what actual production  umbers on the Lightning will be. And whilst I don't condone addendums, anyone that is in or is affiliated with the business understands fully WHY Dealers add addendums...specifically to low volume high demand units.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Most Dealers don't use ADM's except on very specific vehicles such as the limited production Shelby GT's. Dealers have little choice but to add ADM's to Shelby's due to the relatively small markup between the Invoice and MSRP. Then factor in the fee paid to Ford in order to be a Shelby Dealer, the parts stocking requirement and technician certifications.

It's still a bit premature to speculate about pricing on the F-150 Lightning. If the vehicle doesn't meet your needs or you don't want to pay an ADM that a Dealer may try to charge, don't buy the vehicle. 

Just like all the dealers trying to charge ADM's on Mach 1's, which are not limited in production.

5 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Just like all the dealers trying to charge ADM's on Mach 1's, which are not limited in production.

do you actually know first hand exactly how many Mach Ones each dealer gets?...if not...stop...you aren't even in the market for one...and obviously have very little understanding of the inner workings at a Dealership level. As stated...I don't condone them..but unlike yourself...I FULLY understand them...and Ice-capades has pretty much explained it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Except that while Ford's not calling the Mustang Mach 1 limited production, they're making it nearly impossible for a Dealer to get allocation for one!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Except that while Ford's not calling the Mustang Mach 1 limited production, they're making it nearly impossible for a Dealer to get allocation for one!

you and I know that full well....we sold our first two for.....gasp MSRP and we have been told we aren't getting anymore. we also haven't anything on the lot with addendums, which actually surprises me given lack of inventory...F150 hybrids for example, any Superdutys, aforementioned Mach 1s, even Bronco Sports....everything is at MSRP or really close right now....don't get me started on Transits...

Edited by Deanh

4 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you and I know that full well....we sold our first two for.....gasp MSRP and we have been told we aren't getting anymore.

And you're at a California dealership that gets what... 8-10 Shelby's per year? And you're only getting 2 Mach 1's? I think that proves the point!

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I always chuckle when someone goes off about ADMS....I wonder if they were selling their house and due to lack of availability they were offered over asking....hmmmm

I'd say my realtor doesn't know the market and priced it too low. There's no MSRP on a house.

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I always chuckle when someone goes off about ADMS....I wonder if they were selling their house and due to lack of availability they were offered over asking....hmmmm

That's a perfect example in today's real estate market with so many people escaping the city life for the suburbs post-COVID-19.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

And you're at a California dealership that gets what... 8-10 Shelby's per year? And you're only getting 2 Mach 1's? I think that proves the point!

If Ford limits production on a vehicle they say is not limited, Ford is to blame for blocking their own sales numbers.

4 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

I'd say my realtor doesn't know the market and priced it too low. There's no MSRP on a house.

I think you missed the point. A lot of properties are selling for more than the asking price because of multiple buyers competing for the same property in what's become a Seller's market due to the demand. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

youre kinda missing the point again...we as dealers don't price the car Ford does, theres no MSRP set on your house, but there IS an estimated appraisal value of what its worth...and the margins on cars are somewhat negligible, so why the issue of putting the price at market value...much like you would with your house if you can get above market value of appraisal ( we had a house in our hood sell for 75k over asking...if you can get more money for an item and that's the market, go for it...it also applies to vehicles.....got it now?

Edited by Deanh

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

nope...we only got 3 shelbys

Edited by Deanh

Call me weird.  I always wanted a regular cab 6 ft bed, with either a 3.5EB or a 5.0.  But with MANUAL transmission.

Back when the Ford garage my dad worked at had some short box regular cab, 4.9 inline 6 manual trans trucks for sale cheap.  I still wish I would have bought one of those.  I think they were probably 1997 year.  I think I could have picked one up for $12k.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Call me weird.  I always wanted a regular cab 6 ft bed, with either a 3.5EB or a 5.0.  But with MANUAL transmission.

Back when the Ford garage my dad worked at had some short box regular cab, 4.9 inline 6 manual trans trucks for sale cheap.  I still wish I would have bought one of those.  I think they were probably 1997 year.  I think I could have picked one up for $12k.

man after my own heart...I LOVE stick shifts....I have a Bronco 2 dr reserved with said trans...dying breed unfortunately.