Consumer Reports survey on repair costs

I saw this graph on a Lincoln forum. Also posting a link to the article it came from (but since I'm not a member I can't read the whole thing). Lincoln came in first for annual repair costs over 10 years, Ford third. They both rated highly on 5-year costs. Some automakers have more comprehensive pre-paid maintenance programs, which pull down the initial cost (see BMW, for instance), but those costs balloon in the second five years (see BMW, for instance).

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/least-and-most-expensive-cars-to-keep-on-the-road/?fbclid=IwAR26Z0K8sNRULok3uqlKRzBpVuYNe7UBu8ApAtxaj2tXfuzZSqMmxrn26WQ

May be an image of text that says 'WHAT EACH BRAND WILL COST YOU snapshot of one-year repair costs or 5- and 10-year-old models by brand, according our Annual Auto Survey of CR members Lincoln Chrysler Ford Ram Toyota Chevrolet GMC Mini Buick Hyundai Nissan Honda Kia Mazda 5-year- models ld models Lexus Infiniti Subaru Cadillac Acura Jeep Volkswagen Dodge Mercedes-Benz Audi Volyo Porsche BMW $0 $200 $400 $600 $800 $1,000 JUNE2021 CR.ORG'

• Like 1

Looks like a good selling point for Ford and Lincoln! Interesting to compare Ford and VW, as I own examples of both- At 5 years cost are pretty similar, but at 10 years age VW's repair costs are more than double Fords. My experience bears that out, when the Ranger breaks it's cheap to fix, lotsa stuff starts breaking on the VW's after 100K miles and I'd go broke if I didn't do the repairs myself!

• Like 3