Mercedes unveils electric van concept for growing EV lineup

Someone with better knowledge of their Euro lineup can chime in here, it appears this is roughly the size of the Transit Connect. No specifics on battery size or range yet. Not bad looking for what it is, but will probably cost $$$ because of the badge:

Mercedes-Benz is giving a sneak peek of an electric van concept that the automaker says is "near series production" ready and is among the models it is adding to broaden its battery-powered range over the next year.

The electric iteration of the Mercedes T-Class, dubbed EQT, will accommodate up to seven passengers and launch in 2022, Mercedes said Monday in a statement.

It will flank the Citan commercial van due to be introduced later this year, a version of which will be full electric.

The EQT "will appeal to families and all those private customers, whatever their age, who enjoy leisure activities and need a lot of space and maximum variability without forgoing comfort and style," Marcus Breitschwerdt, Mercedes' van chief, said in the statement.

Full article: https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/mercedes-unveils-electric-van-concept-growing-ev-lineup?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210511&utm_content=hero-headline

Mercedes%20EQT%20Ext.jpgMercedes%20EQT%20side.jpg

I like it but I don't like it? For some reason with the way the greenhouse is done, it looks like they took a "work" van (think Transit/Metris/etc) and tried to make it look fancy. The sheet metal for the A pillar into the roof looks overwrought in the top photo and that is where I think I'm getting that work van vibe from it.