Ford Plant Production vs Closing Schedules

Radio

Paraphrasing an email I got from my dealer today. I asked him to estimate or guess at a production date for a truck I ordered 1st week of April

"... our inventory manager ... said they are building 2021's through the end of (May), so it will be (June) before they start scheduling the 2022's."

No problem with that part, but...

"We were told the Kentucky plant, which was running 3 shifts a day, is going to one shift a day and closing 1 week each month through the end of the year."

There are conflicting reports in media and various forums and from "insiders" as to when and how long various truck production plants are or are not going to be operating. It would be helpful if some folks who actually have first hand knowledge of what's happening at the plants to let us know what's going on. 

15 minutes ago, Radio said:

On another forum a poster reported "I work at (given plant) and we were at work today!" is the sort of information I am fishing for. But I do understand your position. 

Regardless of what is happening today, nobody really knows what will happen over the next few months.  Best to assume the worst at this point.

1 hour ago, Radio said:

On another forum a poster reported "I work at (given plant) and we were at work today!" is the sort of information I am fishing for. But I do understand your position. 

Difference is they’re anonymous, I am not. The company knows who I am. 

• Like 2