Improve Communication w/Dealers

• 3 months later...

100% agree that communication is lacking. My dealer isn’t getting any valuable information from Ford. Customer service says I need to be talking to the marketing department which gives me no valuable information, and THEN says… “your dealer is the best source for the latest information.”

At this point my dealership is as frustrated as I am about order statuses. 

33 minutes ago, Khayes82 said:

100% agree that communication is lacking. My dealer isn’t getting any valuable information from Ford. Customer service says I need to be talking to the marketing department which gives me no valuable information, and THEN says… “your dealer is the best source for the latest information.”

At this point my dealership is as frustrated as I am about order statuses. 

The dealership has all the information that’s available.  If your dealer has your priority set properly and your truck isn’t being built it’s because some part isn’t available.  Trying to figure out which part is futile - could be any one of hundreds of parts not just the 2 or 3 already mentioned.  

I totally get that part. The dealers do have all the information that is provided, but not all the information that is available. In this world we live in where you can track every step of every automated process in earth, it would be beneficial to provide detailed information on the delay. The trucks aren’t sitting there with a sign on the windshield that says “missing pieces.” That VIN is flagged for the very specific parts that are needed to complete the build. If a truck is waiting for sport wheels that’s one thing, but if it’s waiting on power running boards, 2kw generator, and adaptive steering that’s completely different. As it stands, the customer gets the message that it’s waiting on a part, but we don’t know what part. Seems like it would be easy to add that information to the VVR to give people some piece of mind. I obviously don’t know, or claim to know, how the logistics work during the build process but it was just a thought.

How would knowing the exact part help?  They’ve already flagged the items that are holding up most orders.  What you’re asking for is for someone to manually check each order to figure out the holdup. That’s a huge amount of manual work given there are over 200k orders in the order bank and even if you knew the holdup this week it could be a different part next week.

• 2 weeks later...