2022 Explorer Production Information

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021/2022MY Explorer.

• 06/25/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/22/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/10/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/19/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/11/2021- 2022MY Job #1 Date
  • Like 1

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021/2022MY Explorer.

• 07/22/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/08/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/11/2021- 2022MY Job #1 Date

• 1 month later...

• 08/19/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 11/01/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 08/16/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/02/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date
Edited by ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021/2022MY Explorer Police Interceptor Utility.

•  
  • 07/26/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date (2022MY Explorer Police Interceptor Utility Only)

• 2 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021/2022MY Explorer.

•  
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date

• 2 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2021/2022MY Explorer.

• 10/31/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  

• 1 month later...

2022MY EXPLORER AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL AVAILABILITY (09/23/2021)

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of new availability of Start-Stop Removal option for 22MY Explorer & 21MY Expedition and resulting impact to scheduling orders.

SUMMARY
As a way for U.S. customers to get their Explorer & Expedition sooner, Ford will implement an optional Auto Start/Stop removal on 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition. Those who decide to purchase an Explorer or Expedition, with the optional start/stop removal, will receive a $50 credit. Auto Stop/Start will be removed from the standard section of all Monroney labels. The removal option will be shown in the optional section of the Monroney sticker as Auto Start Stop Removal.

Implementation timing estimates for 22MY Explorer (2.3L Engine applications only) and Expedition (all engines except Platinum) is late September. The Auto Start/Stop function will remain as standard equipment for those customers who prefer it. However, the delivery timing for those vehicles will be longer.

• To optimize availability of Start-Stop functionality, all stock orders will be required to be modified to include the Start-Stop Removal feature for scheduling until further notice
• Retail and Fleet orders may retain this feature at their discretion
• Existing unscheduled Stock orders will be amended to include 52X
• Newly entered stock orders will require 52X to be added during order submission
• To align with current chip availability, some previously scheduled Explorer stock orders with the above configurations will be spec changed to add the Auto Start-Stop Removal (Option Code: 52X)
• Current 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition order guides and pricing reflect this plan
• Updated order guides and pricing was posted to FMCDealer on Monday, September 20, 2021

Note: Removal of Auto Start-Stop functionality will impact fuel economy on those affected units. Updated EPA-estimated fuel economy will be printed on window labels.

Edited by ice-capades
typo

2022MY EXPLORER AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL AVAILABILITY (09/24/2021)

REASON FOR SUPERSEDE
• Expedition Auto Start-Stop Removal Option is 52L, not 52X as previously communicated.

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of new availability of Start-Stop Removal option for 22MY Explorer & 21MY Expedition and resulting impact to scheduling orders.

SUMMARY
As a way for U.S. customers to get their Explorer & Expedition sooner, Ford will implement an optional Auto Start/Stop removal on 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition. Those who decide to purchase an Explorer or Expedition, with the optional start/stop removal, will receive a $50 credit. Auto Stop/Start will be removed from the standard section of all Monroney labels. The removal option will be shown in the optional section of the Monroney sticker as Auto Start Stop Removal.

Implementation timing estimates for 22MY Explorer (2.3L Engine applications only) and Expedition (Platinum series excluded) is late September. The Auto Start/Stop function will remain as standard equipment for those customers who prefer it. However, the delivery timing for those vehicles will be longer.

• To optimize availability of Start-Stop functionality, all stock orders will be required to be modified to include the Start-Stop Removal feature for scheduling until further notice
• Retail and Fleet orders may retain this feature at their discretion
• Existing unscheduled Stock orders will be amended to include 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition)
• Newly entered stock orders will require 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition) to be added during order submission
• To align with current chip availability, some previously scheduled Explorer stock orders with the above configurations will be spec changed to add the Auto Start-Stop Removal - Option Code: 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition)
• Current 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition order guides and pricing reflect this plan
• Updated order guides and pricing was posted to FMCDealer on Monday, September 20, 2021

Note: Removal of Auto Start-Stop functionality will impact fuel economy on those affected units. Updated EPA-estimated fuel economy will be printed on window labels.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You can’t move your foot from the brake to the gas before it restarts.  No hesitation.  The system works very well.

I can vouch for that.  As somebody who was highly skeptical of auto stop/start on our new Bronco Sport, it does work well.  I've warmed to it (though still turn it off in certain situations).

• Like 1

• 11/02/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  

• 1 month later...

• 11/08/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 11/08/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

• 4 months later...

PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGE - 2022MY Explorer (Multi-Contour Seat Availability)

• Effective April 4th, all Fleet and Stock Explorers will be produced without Multi-Contour Seats (MCS)

RETAIL ORDERS

Premium Technology Package (65P) will remain an orderable option but will be subject to Multi-Contour Seat availability.

• Currently, we do not foresee an impact to retail customer orders

• 4 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), the updated scheduling and production timetable has been released for the 2022MY Explorer.

• 05/13/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Due Date (Base Model Only)
  •         TBD       - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change/Cancel
  •         TBD       - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 2 weeks later...

2022MY Explorer Electronic Parking Brake Function

ACTION REQUESTED
• Review the information below regarding 2022 Explorer electronic parking brake functionality
• Customers taking delivery of 2022 Explorer vehicles should be informed of the change in functionality of the electronic parking brake

SUMMARY
2022 Explorer vehicles that receive a repair under Safety Recall 22S27 or are built on or after April 1, 2022, or April 11, 2022 for hybrid vehicles, will apply the electronic parking brake (EPB) when the vehicle is shifted into park (P). The attached Customer Information Sheet should be provided to customers taking delivery of an applicable vehicle to ensure that they are aware of this function.

KEY INFORMATION
2022 Explorer vehicles that receive a repair under Safety Recall 22S27 or are built on or after April 1, 2022, or April 11, 2022 for hybrid vehicles, will apply the electronic parking brake (EPB) when the vehicle is shifted into park (P). This will occur when the vehicle is commanded to shift to park (P) by the customer, the driver seatbelt is unbuckled and the left front door is opened, or the ignition is turned off. The customer may notice the parking brake lamp turns on each time park (P) is selected.

To release the EPB automatically, the following criteria needs to be met:
• driver door is closed
• vehicle is shifted to reverse (R) or drive (D)
• accelerator pedal is depressed

Alternatively, the EPB can be manually released by the driver using the parking brake switch once the following criteria are met:
• ignition switch is in the “On” or “Accessory” positions
• brake pedal is depressed

Note: This does not include Police Interceptor Utility vehicles.

CUSTOMER INFORMATION SHEET
A Customer Information Sheet should be provided to customers taking delivery of an applicable vehicle to ensure that they are aware of this function.

2022MY Explorer_EPB-Electronic Parking Brake Function.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Product Offering Change - Update

2022MY Explorer Multi-Contour Seat Availability

Reason for Supersede:

• This previously announced product offering change will now also include all retail order types, in addition to stock and fleet orders.
  • Certain scheduled Explorer retail units on ST 401A, King Ranch and Platinum including the Premium Technology Package with Multi Contour Seats (65P) will be amended by Ford to the Premium Technology Package less Multi Contour Seats (65J)
  • This product offering change on retail orders will be effective on retail orders beginning with a production date of Thursday, May 26th, 2022 and after.
  • Dealers should plan to communicate with retail customers regarding changes to their orders.

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be aware of a product offering change on Explorer regarding Multi-Contour Seat availability

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. As a way for customers to get their Explorers sooner, Ford has implemented a spec change at the Chicago Assembly Plant on all Explorers equipped with Multi-Contour Seats. (ST 401A, King Ranch & Platinum)

Beginning April 4th and after, all fleet and stock Explorers orders will be produced without Multi-Contour Seats. (MCS)

Beginning May 26th and after, all retail Explorer orders will be produced without Multi-Contour Seats (MCS).

On ST 401A series equipped with Premium Technology Package (65P) and Platinum & King Ranch series:

• All stock and fleet orders built on or after 4/4/22 will be spec changed from 65P to 65J “Premium Technology Package (Less Multi-Contour Seats).”
  • Premium Technology Package (Less Multi-Contour Seats) (65J) will contain 10.1” Touch Screen and 14-speak B&O Premium audio.
  • In place of the Multi-Contour seat, impacted Explorers will come equipped with a 10-way power driver’s seat and 8-way power passenger seat. These seats are identical in appearance to the Multi-Contour seat but will not have the Multi-Contour seat function.
  • On ST 401A series equipped with Premium Technology Package (65P)
    • The package price for 65J will reflect a $300 discount, from $1,295 to $995, to account for the loss of Multi-Contour Seat.
    • The window sticker will reflect a new package price of $995 for “PREM TECH PKG L/MULTICNTOUR ST”

On Platinum & King Ranch series:

• The window sticker will reflect a $300 discount as “PREM TECH PKG L/MULTICNTOUR ST”

RETAIL ORDERS

• Premium Technology Package (65P) will remain an orderable option but will be subject to Multi-Contour Seat availability

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Beginning April 4th, customers who purchase a ST 401A with 65J must sign a ST 401A Less MCS Seat acknowledgement form.

Beginning May 26th, retail customers must also sign the acknowledgement form on impacted vehicles.

Beginning April 4th, customers who purchase a King Ranch or Platinum with 65J must sign a Platinum and King Ranch “Less MCS” Seat acknowledgement form.

Beginning May 26th, retail customers must also sign the acknowledgement form on impacted vehicles.

Product Offering Change - Update

2022MY Explorer Multi-Contour Seat Availability

Reason for Supersede:

• This previously announced product offering change will now also include all retail order types, in addition to stock and fleet orders
  • Certain scheduled Job #2 Explorer retail units on ST 401A, King Ranch and Platinum including the Premium Technology Package with Multi Contour Seats (65P) will be amended by Ford to the Technology Package less Multi- Contour Seats (65J)
  • All Job #3 orders, including retail orders on ST 401A, King Ranch and Platinum that have the Premium Technology Package with Multi Contour Seats (65P), will be amended by Ford to the Technology Package (65K), which does not include the Multi-Contour Seats. The difference between (65J) and (65K) is that Job 3 King Ranch and Platinum orders with (65K) will show an adjusted price of $995 on the window sticker for the package, rather than a discount. ST 401A Job #3 orders with 65K will also show an adjusted price of $995 on the window sticker for the package.
  • This product offering change on Job 2 retail orders will be effective on retail orders beginning with a production date of Thursday, May 26, 2022 and after. For Job #3 retail orders, it is a production date of 6/27 and after.
  • Dealers should plan to communicate with retail customers regarding changes to their orders.

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be aware of a product offering change on Explorer regarding Multi-Contour Seat availability.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. As a way for customers to get their Explorers sooner, Ford has implemented a spec change at the Chicago Assembly Plant on all Explorers equipped with Multi-Contour Seats. (ST 401A, King Ranch & Platinum)

Beginning April 4th and after, all fleet and stock Explorers orders will be produced without Multi-Contour Seats. (MCS)

Beginning May 26th and after, all retail Explorer orders will be produced without Multi-Contour Seats. (MCS)

On ST 401A series equipped with Premium Technology Package (65P) and Platinum & King Ranch series:

• All stock and fleet orders built on or after 4/4/22 will be spec changed from 65P to 65J “Premium Technology Package (Less Multi-Contour Seats).”
  • Premium Technology Package (Less Multi-Contour Seats) (65J) will contain 10.1” Touch Screen and 14-speak B&O Premium audio.
  • In place of the Multi-Contour seat, impacted Explorers will come equipped with a 10-way power driver’s seat and 8-way power passenger seat. These seats are identical in appearance to the Multi-Contour seat but will not have the Multi-Contour seat function.
  • On ST 401A series equipped with Premium Technology Package (65P)
    • The package price for 65J will reflect a $300 discount, from $1,295 to $995, to account for the loss of Multi-Contour seat.
    • The window sticker will reflect a new package price of $995 for “PREM TECH PKG L/MULTICNTOUR ST”
  • On Platinum & King Ranch series:
    • The window sticker will reflect a $300 discount as “PREM TECH PKG L/MULTICNTOUR ST”

RETAIL ORDERS

• Premium Technology Package (65P) will remain an orderable option but will be subject to Multi-contour seat availability

Beginning April 4th, customers who purchase a ST 401A with 65J must sign a ST 401A Less MCS Seat acknowledgement form. Beginning May 26th, retail customers must also sign the acknowledgement form
on impacted vehicles.

Beginning April 4th, customers who purchase a King Ranch or Platinum with 65J must sign a Platinum and King Ranch “Less MCS” Seat acknowledgement form. Beginning May 26th, retail customers must also sign the acknowledgement form on impacted vehicles.

2022MY ESCAPE, EXPLORER & EXPEDITION

Product Offering Change: Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete Option

ACTION REQUESTED

• Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles including Hands-Free Power Liftgate must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate, which provides the capability to open and close the power liftgate using a foot-activated sensor as the feature is not available. Note: The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • Vehicles that have had the Hands-Free Liftgate feature removed from vehicles will receive a $55 MSRP credit on the window label and vehicle invoice.
  • Future vehicle orders may have the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
    • 18D – Escape
    • 96X – Explorer
    • 98D – Expedition
  • Vehicles built with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option will not be retrofitted to add the Hands-Free capability in the future.

SUMMARY
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles in an effort to help customers receive their vehicles sooner. Your understanding & continued support are appreciated.

• Hands-Free Power Liftgate feature is being deleted from applicable Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles. The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • A $55 MSRP credit will be applied to any vehicles that have had this feature removed.
  • A Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option may be added to future orders.
  • There are no retrofit plans for vehicles built without the Hands-Free feature.

Dealer stock orders require no special handling or customer acknowledgement forms. Customers taking delivery of retail orders must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.

A signed Customer Acknowledgement Form is required documentation for customers taking delivery of an impacted retail ordered vehicle.

INFORMATION 

2022 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge, Explorer - Important Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED

• Inform your teams that the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer is June 16, 2022.
    • Retail ordering reopens in August for 23MY

SUMMARY

Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer continue to experience high customer demand. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer retail orders after June 16, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After June 16, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 Model Year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer in August.

KEY DATES

• June 16, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDT to submit new 2022 Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer retail orders
    • WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time
  • June 23, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EDT for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer scheduling

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• We will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders for 2022 Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer submitted prior to or on June 16, 2022, pending specific supply/commodity availability
    • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after June 16,2022
      • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed
  • 2022 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer dealer stock inventory ordering will remain open after June 16, 2022
  • New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer order bank in August
  • More information about 2023 Model Year Bronco Sport, Edge and Explorer will be shared at a later date.