F150 Lightning Range

succeed23

On 2/3/2022 at 1:34 PM, NLPRacing said:

Just curious, how often and how far do you tow? When I had my travel trailer, most trips were less than 100 miles away. Once every 2 years or so, we would go on a 1000+ mile road trip. For most trips, the F150 Lightning would have been just fine. But the long road trips would probably not have been possible.

We are normally between 250-300 km without access to a charger. The trailer is quite heavy as it's also loaded with 2-3 dirtbikes and a golf cart. 10-12 weekends a year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, NLPRacing said:

Just curious, how often and how far do you tow? When I had my travel trailer, most trips were less than 100 miles away. Once every 2 years or so, we would go on a 1000+ mile road trip. For most trips, the F150 Lightning would have been just fine. But the long road trips would probably not have been possible.

My wife and I retired almost five years ago. We traded in our 2000 F250 for a new 2018 F150 and a 30' Travel trailer. We go camping at least twice a month from March until September. As mentioned in the above post, most of our camping trips are less than 100 miles away. But we have gone on at least one 1800+ trip each year. I would agree that the F150 Lightning would work fine for the under 100 mile trips, but what do I do for the longer trips? Do I have to unhook the trailer and find a charging station? I really would like to trade the 2018 for a new Lightning, but am having range anxiety that it would not be feasible for the longer trips.    

On 3/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, D&MTerry said:

My wife and I retired almost five years ago. We traded in our 2000 F250 for a new 2018 F150 and a 30' Travel trailer. We go camping at least twice a month from March until September. As mentioned in the above post, most of our camping trips are less than 100 miles away. But we have gone on at least one 1800+ trip each year. I would agree that the F150 Lightning would work fine for the under 100 mile trips, but what do I do for the longer trips? Do I have to unhook the trailer and find a charging station? I really would like to trade the 2018 for a new Lightning, but am having range anxiety that it would not be feasible for the longer trips.    

I've seen pictures of EV's pulling trailers at charging stations. An 1800 mile trip pulling a trailer with an EV would be tough. 

One of these: https://www.airstream.com/air-lab/concepts/estream/ towed by a Lightning could be a game changer.

• 3 months later...

I watched the latest TFLTruck video where the compared the Lightning towing a 6,000lb trailer and a GMC 1500 gasser pulling the exact same trailer. The Lightning went 86 miles before it was down to 19% charge and had to find a charging station. It took 45 minutes to charge to almost 90%. That would make for a long, long camping trip.