How to get past paperwork for dealer service?

B_ry0908

Hi everyone, I see on my Ford pass that there was a service done at a Ford dealer that was $677 in 2015 when it was with a previous owner, I tried contacting the dealer but they told me they were bought out in November, is there any other way I could find out what was done? I can't ask the previous owner cause I don't know who it is as I bought it from a used car dealer...

Screenshot_20210523-095505_FordPass.jpg

2 hours ago, B_ry0908 said:

Hi everyone, I see on my Ford pass that there was a service done at a Ford dealer that was $677 in 2015 when it was with a previous owner, I tried contacting the dealer but they told me they were bought out in November, is there any other way I could find out what was done? I can't ask the previous owner cause I don't know who it is as I bought it from a used car dealer...

Hi B. The Dealer that performed the service would be the best source. If they are still a Ford Dealer, they should still have the previous service records. Perhaps try stopping by the Service Department and talking to the Service Manager. Calling does not always get the best results as compared to speaking to someone higher up the chain, face to face.

If they still say they no longer have the records, then the only other possibility I can think of would be to call Ford Customer Relations and see if they can access the records. Ford Customer Relations is probably a long shot, but it is worth a try. After all, the vehicle is only recently outside the 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

18 hours ago, B_ry0908 said:

Any Ford Dealer should be able to run the VIN number and retrieve the service history for any work performed by a Ford dealership. 

• 1 month later...