Looking to be a new SD owner

finn5033

Hello all, new to the site and hoping to be a new SD owner. I've owned many 1/2 ton trucks over the last 15 years. I did own a 2013 F150 ecoboost for a short time years ago. Anyways, bought a RV fish house 2 years ago and am upgrading to a newer custom built house. I'm not comfortable staying with my half ton to tow it so I've been researching Ram, Chevy, and Ford heavy duty trucks. If you are in the market for a truck right now you know the pickings are slim so I'm planning to order what I want. Right now I think Ford has the best value. Planning to go with a F350 because here in MN 1 ton truck tabs are a flat $120 a year. 3/4 tons are treated like any other vehicle. You can save thousands of dollars on tabs alone. Anyways, I have some questions that I hope I can get help with here. Looking forward to learning and sharing. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Similar situation here. Bought a new RV and currently tow with a 2014 150 ecoboost. Handles the weight fine but bought a new hitch to help control the sway and the new hitch is HEAVY and almost maxed out payload. So I ordered a 350 6.7 diesel to make sure I had no problems with our new rv or with the potential to upgrade later. I’m fine with over kill if it means safety while towing. Hoping for quick production and delivery dates!

• 3 weeks later...