2022 Lincoln Navigator News

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/2022-lincoln-navigator-interior-caught-completely-uncovered/

Navigator stuff was getting posted in the Expedition thread, so figured I'd create a thread for the Navigator stuff instead.

Looks like it fits into the same size housing, but it's a different screen - look at the corners, which are more square now.  My guess is they got rid of the mile wide black bezel around the screen for a larger screen in the same space.

I also just noticed the self driving monitors on the top of the steering column.

image.thumb.png.1168fc4fdace118a29e83a9e1691c6cd.pngimage.thumb.png.14a19dfaa6700c6ed3be3a6cdf2386b8.png

Also looks like it's getting slimmer taillights to better match the rest of the lineup.  Seems like it'll mimic Aviator's setup with a single red horizontal strip and white portions underneath the outermost parts.  It also gets a full width reflector strip higher up on the bumper.

image.thumb.png.d00fee999be536fda8c6ed121a533279.png

Up front, it's getting the new headlights, and the lower grille has been inverted.

I also see the mirror mounts have the bigger camera pod that F-150 now uses, so I'm assuming it'll get Lincoln's branding of BlueCruise.  StarDrive?  StarCruise?

image.thumb.png.bc7f1533c3d3f2df2e1d92148d39a6bb.png

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

I want it!  I'm guessing the bigger screen will go to black label variants because the interior spy photos screen looked bigger.

Eh, I'd be surprised by that.  i think it was just covered with camo.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/2022-lincoln-navigator-interior-caught-completely-uncovered/

Navigator stuff was getting posted in the Expedition thread, so figured I'd create a thread for the Navigator stuff instead.

Looks like it fits into the same size housing, but it's a different screen - look at the corners, which are more square now.  My guess is they got rid of the mile wide black bezel around the screen for a larger screen in the same space.

I also just noticed the self driving monitors on the top of the steering column.

Yeah it seems the same housing but a bit bigger screen, maybe a 12in but it is a bit small vs Escalade, even the Nautilus seems to have a bigger one 

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

I want it!  I'm guessing the bigger screen will go to black label variants because the interior spy photos screen looked bigger.

Hope you are right but I don't think that would be the case, as rmc says it was just the camo

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Eh, I'd be surprised by that.  i think it was just covered with camo.

14 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah it seems the same housing but a bit bigger screen, maybe a 12in but it is a bit small vs Escalade, even the Nautilus seems to have a bigger one 

I'm sure it's the same 12" that Nautilus has, but with Nautilus being smaller, it takes up more of the dash visually.  I'm sure we'll see something different/bigger with the next gen model.  Like I said previously in the other thread, the changes to accommodate the bigger screen may have been too much for them to justify it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I'm sure it's the same 12" that Nautilus has, but with Nautilus being smaller, it takes up more of the dash visually.  I'm sure we'll see something different/bigger with the next gen model.  Like I said previously in the other thread, the changes to accommodate the bigger screen may have been too much for them to justify it.

Yeah you are right. Hope we see the debut soon, what do you think about the reveal date? This Summer?

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

image.thumb.png.1168fc4fdace118a29e83a9e1691c6cd.png

Seems they are using a similar unit to the Chinese version of the Aviator

image.png.c29d52910c26f2eafce75491b9e6b47c.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, rmc523 said:

image.thumb.png.1168fc4fdace118a29e83a9e1691c6cd.png

I don't know to is another screen or better pics of it, but it seems it will get the same screen as the Nautilus, a bit taller

image.thumb.png.d3991bb75f365770ed8296c27399553b.png

image.thumb.png.fc66334d922613501e6d5ff81817482f.png

Edited by joseodiaga4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Nice things I hope they add is usable night vision, rearview camera digital display, and augmented navigation display as well.  I doubt it, but it would help keep the truck at the top of the class in consumer perspective.  

agree, the Navi needs all that ? but I am not sure if we will see those in the facelift, should be nice to see night vision and augmented reality navigation.

I remember the MT comparison in which the Navi wins over the new Slide, if the 2022 model has more tech I think that would keep the Navi at the top

Yea, I noticed critically, the nav usually does better than the slade, such as motortrend, cargurus, Edmunds, and Doug demure,  but I think consumers feel the slade is better due to the tech, that they don't acknowledge where the nav is superior.

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

One "simple" thing I'd like to see is the nav display able to go into the gauge cluster as well as the center screen.  Just about all other luxury brands offer this now.

agree, IMO Lincoln current display is very simple, way far from this:

image.png.a945ef6dbd2aef9372778e74de167e69.png

• Like 3

It looks like they are changing the rear quarter panel for a new, sleeker shape to the taillights! The way they wrap around appears more like the Navigator Concept now, and they appear slimmer as well. The current ones always seemed so blocky to me.