Don't know if it's been discussed here, obviously no one wants their 99% built truck sitting on a lot in Michigan with the thousands of others for months on end but was just curious besides getting a truck months further depreciated, freak hail storm, potential vandalism and growing rust (thankful mine was built after winter), what if any concerns are there with accepting a built truck after sitting idle such a long time without being run etc?.

For instance / particularly the Powerboost hybrid battery draining over time and then potentially sitting dead for months on end? I don't know if it's as bad for that type of battery as for others. Just curious what if any other concerns are.

I'd like to add that my truck has only been "built" a month ago and remains In-Production status. It's not a concern for me yet... Obviously , I'm just relating a lot of folks on the forums horror stories and hope my truck doesn't sit near that long!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you will see some movement on your truck soon.  What is your current ETA for receiving your truck?  I hear a lot of dates were pushed to 10/31 but I think that's just to give Ford time to clear the built inventory out and onto their owners.  Hopefully they are working on those trucks over the next two weeks while the plant is down.  Good question on the Powerboost battery but it does have an 8 yr warranty on it so I think either way you will be covered. 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:16 AM, id_birdhntr said:

Hopefully you will see some movement on your truck soon.  What is your current ETA for receiving your truck?  I hear a lot of dates were pushed to 10/31 but I think that's just to give Ford time to clear the built inventory out and onto their owners.  Hopefully they are working on those trucks over the next two weeks while the plant is down.  Good question on the Powerboost battery but it does have an 8 yr warranty on it so I think either way you will be covered. 

I'm still sitting on 10/31 ETA. However a handful of my build week on the other forum appear to be moving over the last couple days...??

On a dealer's lot they get test driven and cranked occasionally maybe washed...

My Platinum has been sitting on Ramp 59 for six weeks and I'm getting frustrated about it. I ordered mine 16 weeks ago which feels like a lifetime and trucks built after mine have already been delivered. I got a vehicle visibility report from my dealer today and it says "Micro chip at plant on hold" since May 3. I'm starting to lose interest in it, it's a "want to have", not a "need to have". Maybe I should just invest the money instead. I'll wait a little longer but I'm running out of patience. Too bad, someones going to buy it at some point and get a real nice truck. ?

Maybe a new truck is just Gods way of saying I have too much money.

• Sad 1

Tim I think I'm going to cancel my order and then reorder. People are doing that and getting their trucks in a reasonable time. There's currently some incentives, like $1000, and I'm going to wait until Wednesday and reorder. The current X-Plan price is the same as it was when I ordered in February and I spoke with two dealers who said they'd honor X-Plan pricing. So I can get a truck at some point that hasn't been sitting in a parking lot for months and save some money too. 9/23 and it's still not here! Amazing. Cheers

Edited by Cool Rod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in Dearborn this past week.  Went to the Henry Ford which was an amazing time.  Every available lot in the area, including the test track next to the Museum has F150 setting on it.  I had heard that was happening, but until i saw the number of trucks i was amazed. 

How would you like to be the guy when the chips come in, have to go out and get them all installed.  

13 minutes ago, frenchs_33 said:

On a different forum I have seen lots of f-150's being delivered, that were ordered in May, but then the ones ordered earlier are still sitting on RAMP59. This makes no sense.

When parts availability is limited, those available are going to be used to support continued production at the plants. As availability increases, those parts (microchips) will be installed in vehicles being held at the plant so that they can be completed and released for shipment to Dealers. 

10 hours ago, frenchs_33 said:

I understand that needing to keep dealers up and running with new trucks but when someone orders a truck through a dealer and that dealer receives new trucks on their lot , but the special order truck does not come. That is extremely frustrating!! 

Ford tries really hard to build customer orders first but sometimes it’s not possible for a variety of reasons.  They do not put stock orders ahead of retail (sold) orders if at all possible.

• Like 1