Ford to announce Wednesday two dedicated all-electric vehicle platforms, one for full-size trucks and SUVs, the other for cars and crossovers

55 minutes ago, twintornados said:

What everyone is missing is the "special" Ford stock that is owned by the Ford family that gives it control of the company and no one can come in and buy a huge chunk of the "regular" stock and force a leveraged buy-out or force the board to give them a seat.

So no activist group can come in and force Ford to take drastic action as in spinning off parts of the business or forcing board members out as  with XOM this past week. 

The biggest hurdles for electric vehicles to overcome are short range, long charging times, and lack of infrastructure, i.e. charging stations.   These problems will eventually be resolved, but I doubt if they will be fixed by 2030.  Until then, consumers will be reluctant to buy electric.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, llinthicum1 said:

The biggest hurdles for electric vehicles to overcome are short range, long charging times, and lack of infrastructure, i.e. charging stations.   These problems will eventually be resolved, but I doubt if they will be fixed by 2030.  Until then, consumers will be reluctant to buy electric.  

Well, as an only car, those are big hurdles. But as a second vehicle, not so much. Dang, many new homes now have three car garages. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akirby said:

How often do companies like Ford sell new shares?  I thought that was relatively rare.

Not shares but in March Ford was looking to raise $2 billion by selling convertible notes 

that are due in 2026. I know it’s not the same thing but those notes give them more cash.

5 hours ago, twintornados said:

What everyone is missing is the "special" Ford stock that is owned by the Ford family that gives it control of the company and no one can come in and buy a huge chunk of the "regular" stock and force a leveraged buy-out or force the board to give them a seat.

I mentioned that about twenty posts up......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Mike Levine tweeted an outline of a midsize EV pickup... Image appears to came from the investor conference two weeks ago when they announced the TE1 and GE2 platforms and disclosed the Rivian based pickup truck. 

https://insideevs.com/news/512936/ford-confirms-second-electric-pickup/

Has a striking profile resemblance to a updated pickup that will be shown late this year.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Ranger Edge?

image.thumb.jpeg.6355ca13ec83e8e60eb7e996410136e6.jpeg

My dad got some Edge stickers out of the plant when they where building the Ranger to put on his garage cabinets.

I wonder how many nameplates have been harvested from trims of the Ranger and F-150 over the past 40 years. 

Biggest ones are Explorer and Edge, but I think I might be missing some. 

28 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

My dad got some Edge stickers out of the plant when they where building the Ranger to put on his garage cabinets.

I wonder how many nameplates have been harvested from trims of the Ranger and F-150 over the past 40 years. 

1977 F100 Ranger XLT

image.jpeg.1df80e81d38f9c706ffd64aa288f8f2f.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/10/2021 at 7:13 PM, akirby said:

1977 F100 Ranger XLT

I used to own a '68 F100 Ranger. The Ranger was the top of the line in the F100s at the time.

Not sure where it landed in the Edsel lineup, though.

The guy who sold my dad and me a '37 Ford pickup also had a '68 F100 Ranger with a 427 and four on the floor, black with a vinyl roof. Holy cats, I had it bad for that truck, but being a broke high school student kept me from buying it.

Considering how much trouble I managed to find with the gutless wonder I was driving at the time, being broke probably saved my life...

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, silvrsvt said:

Expedition was originally a trim level for the Explorer.