2022MY Scheduling

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

Has anyone received notification that their SD has been scheduled? Curious if they actually started scheduling as previously noted. 

From what I've gathered in this forum (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) they don't start scheduling retail orders until after 5 consecutive days of zero defect production after the start of Job #1. I believe the last posted KTP Job #1 start date is 7/9.

That start date was posted last Monday the 24th.

TNCdrew,

your summary is the same as I recall.  HOWEVER...  In a normal year, 5 days on what is a quiet year (2022 is a quiet year), meaning not much changing.  Chip shortage may have an impact on the ability to build 5 days of SD without issues, as they don't have chips to build trucks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, road turtle said:

TNCdrew,

your summary is the same as I recall.  HOWEVER...  In a normal year, 5 days on what is a quiet year (2022 is a quiet year), meaning not much changing.  Chip shortage may have an impact on the ability to build 5 days of SD without issues, as they don't have chips to build trucks.

That wouldn’t count against the 5 days if it was a known issue.

• Like 1

In other words 7/14/21 is the earliest possible date Ford would schedule retail orders. With all the orders Ford has recieved, combined with all the issues on parts...the wait will be long. My dealer on Friday told me October. Maybe, that would be nice, but I don't see it happening. I'm expecting December. My order was confirmed by Ford on 4/20/21 for a 22 F350 6.7 Tremor

11 hours ago, Baddestt said:

In other words 7/14/21 is the earliest possible date Ford would schedule retail orders. With all the orders Ford has recieved, combined with all the issues on parts...the wait will be long. My dealer on Friday told me October. Maybe, that would be nice, but I don't see it happening. I'm expecting December. My order was confirmed by Ford on 4/20/21 for a 22 F350 6.7 Tremor

Be as pessimistic as you want.  When scheduling started in August 2020, people were getting retail orders end of October.  Not sure why you think it would be worse than that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

Be as pessimistic as you want.  When scheduling started in August 2020, people were getting retail orders end of October.  Not sure why you think it would be worse than that.

Ya I think people are overreacting for 2022's.   I think those that have orders in now should see them no later than October probably September.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

In my opinion, the situations are different, right now there is semiconductor shortage, for the MY20 Ford had everything needed, just decided to wait to build them.

59 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

In my opinion, the situations are different, right now there is semiconductor shortage, for the MY20 Ford had everything needed, just decided to wait to build them.

True but supposedly the plant where Ford gets almost all its chips is back to full capacity after the Fire they had in APril.  So I think things will only improve instead of getting worse. 

• Like 2

Things may be waking up at KTP.  Yesterday, June 1st, I received a confirmation of order e-mail from Ford for my 2022 F450XL 4x4 DRW Crew Cab that I ordered on March 31st!!  I have no idea why it took so long, might have been an allocation issue at my dealership.  Anyway it's encouraging to see that my truck is officially acknowledged to be in the pipeline. 

Ice-Capades report of 2022 MY retail scheduling starting today is confusing to me as I thought this didn't occur until the 2022 "OK to Buy" date.  I don't know if there has been a change in marching orders from Ford Mgmt, or if this "scheduling" is actually preliminary scheduling (~production que) rather than actual production week scheduling.  I'm trying to track/project the probable delivery date using info from Ice-Capades order process posts as I use this info to do my budget as I trying to control my monthly payment by meeting a downpayment goal.  If retail scheduling actually started today, this could pull my projected delivery date back in by more than a month.

34 minutes ago, coolaqua said:

Ice-Capades report of 2022 MY retail scheduling starting today is confusing to me as I thought this didn't occur until the 2022 "OK to Buy" date.  I don't know if there has been a change in marching orders from Ford Mgmt, or if this "scheduling" is actually preliminary scheduling (~production que) rather than actual production week scheduling.  I'm trying to track/project the probable delivery date using info from Ice-Capades order process posts as I use this info to do my budget as I trying to control my monthly payment by meeting a downpayment goal.  If retail scheduling actually started today, this could pull my projected delivery date back in by more than a month.

2022MY Super Duty scheduling starts tomorrow, not today. This is an exception that Ford's making to the usual procedure of not scheduling retail orders until the 'Okay to Buy" status is achieved. And it is not "preliminary" scheduling, whatever that is. It's actual production week scheduling. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

2022MY Super Duty scheduling starts tomorrow, not today. This is an exception that Ford's making to the usual procedure of not scheduling retail orders until the 'Okay to Buy" status is achieved. And it is not "preliminary" scheduling, whatever that is. It's actual production week scheduling. 

This should be interesting as to how management is going to Deal with "5 day rule" & "OK to Buy"  Time will tell, I am hoping that with only an interior change, 22s might hit production a few days earlier than previously anticipated. 

Edited by mrmallerd

1 hour ago, mrmallerd said:

This should be interesting as to how management is going to Deal with "5 day rule" & "OK to Buy"  Time will tell, I am hoping that with only an interior change, 22s might hit production a few days earlier than previously anticipated. 

The changes to the 2022MY Super Duty are minor. This isn't the first time Ford's started scheduling retail orders ahead of the "Okay to Buy" status but there's no way to know in advance that they're making an exception to the regular scheduling process until they notify Dealers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ice capades,

Thank you for your continued effort to provide us anxious buyers with updated scheduling, production, and other general information regarding Fords processes.

I for one, really appreciate your commitment to the forum! ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 6/2/2021 at 11:49 AM, ice-capades said:

Ice,

I appreciate all the updates that you provide us. This has been a definite learning experience for me. Has there been any indications that they did start scheduling the 2022MY today? Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, Cackalacky said:

Just got VIN# and Build Date, 7/26  Code 11, looks like its the 2nd week, saw some other folks that Code 10 have a 7/19 build date even tho they ordered months after me

@ice-capades   is there a thread on how to decode your VIN# on here?

When did you place your order? Did you get an email from Ford, or your dealership?