2022MY Scheduling

14 minutes ago, Chris E said:

When I called Ford Marketing about 10 days they told me it had a VIN assigned but told me they couldn’t give any info. That’s when I called the dealer and he shot me the Vin. I wished I could see the Vehicle Visibility info but the dealer is an hour away from me so that will have to be next week. 

You shouldn't have to go to your Dealer an hour away to get the information you want. Just have them e-mail you a copy of the information per my other reply. 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:00 AM, Tonymorr said:

I ordered 4/1 F350 Supercab Lariat 7.3. Dealer placed it as a stock order so I received no emails from Ford. I found out Friday that it was scheduled for week of July 12

I called my dealer again today to talk to him about my order. Since he put it in as a stock order it would seem I'm missing out on the $1000 "Custom Order" money. I also have a private offer of $2000 that I thought expired on July 6 but I read that if you have it when you order it will still be good when delivered. (but not if my order is a stock order). If all this adds up I could risk loosing $3k. I would have to re-order and start over again in order to get that $3k. He's going to look into it and get back to me. 

Oh, and my build date got moved to week of July 5th. Doah!

Edited by Tonymorr

9 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

I ordered 3/18 - F350 6.7 Lariat Tremor with winch and most options - not scheduled and no VIN yet, per Ford call center...  they did find the order and all is good - just not picked!

Not all retail orders can be scheduled at the same time considering commodity issues and/or plant constraints. 

5 minutes ago, Tonymorr said:

I called my dealer again today to talk to him about my order. Since he put it in as a stock order it would seem I'm missing out on the $1000 "Custom Order" money. I also have a private offer of $2000 that I thought expired on July 6 but I read that if you have it when you order it will still be good when delivered. (but not if my order is a stock order). If all this adds up I could risk loosing $3k. I would have to re-order and start over again in order to get that $3k. He's going to look into it and get back to me. 

2022 Super Duty orders are not part of the $1000 rebate.

12 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

I have not received any email updates. I called Ford Marketing last week and got a VIN# and a schedule week of July 26th. I asked my sales rep at the dealer to get it for me and I got it before him. That is not a good sign if Ford is now channeling all questions through the dealer. 

You can't rely on most sales representatives to be familiar with the retail order process, the information available, etc. and they're not used to dealing with customers that are Ford enthusiasts. In addition, you won't get any e-mails from Ford unless your e-mail address is included with your order. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

11 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

That is not a good sign if Ford is now channeling all questions through the dealer. 

You people need to find better dealers or force your current dealer to give you better information.  Make it a condition of the order up front.  Ford makes the info available to the dealer - make them do their job or take your business elsewhere.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

You people need to find better dealers or force your current dealer to give you better information.  Make it a condition of the order up front.  Ford makes the info available to the dealer - make them do their job or take your business elsewhere.

most of the time I would agree with that....however a LOT of information relayed to the Dealers can be absolute bull$hit….they have a great habit of tap dancing and deflecting any information which could refect badly on themselves...its the very reason I label Dealers as a buffer between the customer and corporate....Ford corporate is completely in the dark when it comes to dealing with people one on one...

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Dealers aren't used to dealing with Ford enthusiasts like those that we try to assist here. And customers tend to rely on their sales representatives that are often not familiar with the retail order process, the information available, etc. and just rely and forward the information they're given. 

7 minutes ago, Deanh said:

most of the time I would agree with that....however a LOT of information relayed to the Dealers can be absolute bull$hit….they have a great habit of tap dancing and deflecting any information which could refect badly on themselves...its the very reason I label Dealers as a buffer between the customer and corporate....Ford corporate is completely in the dark when it comes to dealing with people one on one...

So true! The Ford Zone Managers are trained and conditioned to support the corporate position and get thrown when someone questions the validity of the information they're selling, etc. And let's not get started about how removed Ford executives are from knowing anything about the day-to-day operations at the dealership level. Had to give a lot of credit to Mulally when he became CEO because he actually spent time on the showroom floor talking to customers to learn firsthand what customers had to say. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers aren't used to dealing with Ford enthusiasts like those that we try to assist here. And customers tend to rely on their sales representatives that are often not familiar with the retail order process, the information available, etc. and just rely and forward the information they're given. 

So true! The Ford Zone Managers are trained and conditioned to support the corporate position and get thrown when someone questions the validity of the information they're selling, etc. And let's not get started about how removed Ford executives are from knowing anything about the day-to-day operations at the dealership level. Had to give a lot of credit to Mulally when he became CEO because he actually spent time on the showroom floor talking to customers to learn firsthand what customers had to say. 

sounds like you've experienced theexact same issues as we have...everything defers to Zone Reps ….who in my hands on experience are as dumb as a doorknob and are NOTHING more than FORDS buffer between the Dealers and Corporate...Corporate will NOT interact one on one....they utilize "yes men"....and weve had some right doozies! ( barring one who was actually a Ford Relative with the appropriate last name...)

• Like 2

Shouldn't we be receiving an email from Ford if our orders have been given a VIN# and have a scheduled build date? I got the order confirmation email from Ford very quickly after the dealer entered it but got the build/ VIN info from marketing over the phone only. Anybody know? 

3 hours ago, Fingerlakes said:

Shouldn't we be receiving an email from Ford if our orders have been given a VIN# and have a scheduled build date? I got the order confirmation email from Ford very quickly after the dealer entered it but got the build/ VIN info from marketing over the phone only. Anybody know? 

I doubt any emails will be sent out until trucks start going down the line at the plant next month.

13 hours ago, Fingerlakes said:

I haven’t received anything from Ford whatsoever. Ordered on 6/2. All I get told is order is processing from the marketing team. Dealer says it is still unscheduled. 

5 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

I haven’t received anything from Ford whatsoever. Ordered on 6/2. All I get told is order is processing from the marketing team. Dealer says it is still unscheduled. 

You won't get any e-mail notices from Ford unless your Dealer included your e-mail address with your order. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You won't get any e-mail notices from Ford unless your Dealer included your e-mail address with your order. 

Ice, thanks for the reply, they did load my email to my order to my knowledge. Marketing verified my email when I called. 

Ordered a ‘22 f350 cclb 6.7 platinum with every option except variable steering and snowplow prep at end of March, retail/sold, priority 10, still showing processing as well.   Assume this is related to commodity holds, more options means more chance for some random part to be missing.

Edited by TraderLeric
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TraderLeric said:

Ordered a ‘22 f350 cclb 6.7 platinum with every option except variable steering and snowplow prep at end of March, retail/sold, priority 10, still showing processing as well.   Assume this is related to commodity holds, more options means more chance for some random part to be missing.

My order is a 22 f350 6.7 KR loaded out and I've been scheduled for the week of 7/19 so I'm not sure that's the case.

On 6/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, deerhunt799 said:

My order is a 22 f350 6.7 KR loaded out and I've been scheduled for the week of 7/19 so I'm not sure that's the case.

I ordered a 22MY F450 Platinum with almost all options towards the end of April. I only have the email from Ford confirming that it’s a valid order. Based on commodity availability and the fact it’s an F450 is the reason I don’t have a VIN and a production date yet. Also since I held off on ordering almost a month after the order bank had already been open. My priority is 15, so I’m sure I will not see it until October if I’m lucky.

I ordered my 450 Platinum at the end of March. Like others had mentioned, I never received a confirmation e-mail. Yes, checked spam/junk folders. The dealer confirmed my correct e-mail address. 

Fast forward until a few weeks ago, I contacted Ford marketing and was given my VIN and a target build week of July 19. The other day, I sent an e-mail asking the dealer if it does get built that week, about how long does it take to arrive. He replied that he didn't see a July 19 build, but an August 9 build date. Just for kicks, I called marketing again, and they said there was no target build date, but confirmed my VIN and e-mail address again. 

Are the dates being quoted already being pushed around? Does marketing not always have the info?