2022MY Scheduling

2 hours ago, Simple. said:

new here.. 

I also feel the same as you.  I wish there was a way to verify I was in the COVP.  I had to ask my dealer about it, then they requested I sign a purchase agreement and my ID but still wonder if it even got processed.  Originally ordered an XLT Tremor on 4/8.  Changed to a Lariat Tremor on 6/8, got a new order number and then nothing.  Ford marketing can’t verify if I’m in the COVP either.  Dealer seems annoyed if I ask any questions. 

That’s the part that annoys me. The fact that we as the customers have to feel like Karen’s just for wanting to know what the hell is up with our order. It’s just bad practice to treat customers like this. I know it’s not all dealers. Just seems like an awful lot of similar stories. 

• Like 4

Sounds like I have to bother the dealer again to see if they ever got a COVP verification email for my order.  Hopefully they don’t get too annoyed over my measly $75k purchase.  Man, if only they could get commission or something on these sales, they might be a little more enthusiastic.  Lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 1991LX said:

That’s the part that annoys me. The fact that we as the customers have to feel like Karen’s just for wanting to know what the hell is up with our order. It’s just bad practice to treat customers like this. I know it’s not all dealers. Just seems like an awful lot of similar stories. 

That's a good analogy.  I certainly feel like I'm bothering the dealership salesman and/or sales manager for COVP verification and order status.  Granted, they say they are super busy, but still it would be nice.  I keep hearing from my salesman that it his impression that it could be a long time before we see any updates on my order, but then I see guys on here and ford-trucks with orders after mine getting scheduled.  I don't think I have any commodity restrictions on my order, but who knows.   I'm asking my dealer for an update this morning, and probably will try Ford Marketing as well..

Same here...I have a VIN but cant get any info out of my dealer.  I asked for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report and they said they didn't know what it was.  Then they said they figured out how to pull it up but didn't know how to send it to me.  I asked if it had a build week on it (it should have) and they said no, just estimated for September or October.  I call BS.

54 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

Same here...I have a VIN but cant get any info out of my dealer.  I asked for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility Report and they said they didn't know what it was.  Then they said they figured out how to pull it up but didn't know how to send it to me.  I asked if it had a build week on it (it should have) and they said no, just estimated for September or October.  I call BS.

Great... another Dealer that either doesn't know what they're doing or can't be bothered to give a customer straight answers and/or the information they require! It's a simple process to save the Vehicle Visibility Report as a .PDF file or to do a screen capture that can be sent as a .JPG file. Also, you can't have a VIN number without an assigned production week and there can't be an ETA either without the assigned production week. 

1 hour ago, aboyles2002 said:

I am giving up on the dealer, and calling to bother Ford marketing.  They really don’t know anything other than saying it’s in order processing or scheduled for production.  I’ll give it another month then I’m going to have to make a decision on another vehicle.  This chip shortage has really thrown a wrench into everything 

I'm not really surprised that a salesperson might not have any clue about saving and sending pdf files, let alone being able to get a screenshot, save it, then send it. There are more of these inept people than you'd believe. 

A few years ago, I worked with a guy who was a technical writer. Granted, he was probably in his early 50s. He lost a file he was working on, so I tried to help him. Apparently, he thought he saved the files in "Recent' but couldn't find it there (apparently, he had already opened more than 10 files, which was the setting for the Recent listing in Word). Seriously. He had no concept of file structure/saving. So I asked him to go to his desktop and, I kid you not, he started looking at his desk. I said on your computer. He was lost. He had no idea what I was talking about. I was shocked. And he wasn't kidding. 

Lots of people in sales have very little computer knowledge. There are many who do, but many who don't. 

11 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I'm not really surprised that a salesperson might not have any clue about saving and sending pdf files, let alone being able to get a screenshot, save it, then send it. There are more of these inept people than you'd believe. 

A few years ago, I worked with a guy who was a technical writer. Granted, he was probably in his early 50s. He lost a file he was working on, so I tried to help him. Apparently, he thought he saved the files in "Recent' but couldn't find it there (apparently, he had already opened more than 10 files, which was the setting for the Recent listing in Word). Seriously. He had no concept of file structure/saving. So I asked him to go to his desktop and, I kid you not, he started looking at his desk. I said on your computer. He was lost. He had no idea what I was talking about. I was shocked. And he wasn't kidding. 

Lots of people in sales have very little computer knowledge. There are many who do, but many who don't. 

I'm 64 yrs old, and I'd be one of those salesman.  ?

8 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

I'm 64 yrs old, and I'd be one of those salesman.  ?

8 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

Sales Manager who is the guy that ordered the truck is who couldn’t figure it out.  So sad. I am one of those people that if I am going to do something, whatever my job is, I am going to know how to do it inside and out. I make sure I know all there is to know. Seems like a lot of people today just do as little as possible to keep their job. 

• Like 2

No doubt if that was my job, I'd make sure I knew how to do everything required to do things correctly, and to the best of my ability.  My point was I didn't grow up with computers, I-Pads, and smartphones like my kids and grandkids have.  This morning I was trying to link a computer to a printer, and after about four tries, it finally occurred to me that the first three digits in the printer number that I was trying to use were for a printer in another town, not the printer across the room from me.  ?

Window sticker update.  So none of us seem to be getting email updates or our window stickers for those (in production)... called marketing and simply asked the young lady if she could email my copy to me as I wasn't getting updates from Ford.  

Bingo, she came back and said no problem and will be sending it out.  My build day is today and this was a good test to see if things are really moving forward.  (22' Lariat Crewcab dually 4x4)

17 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Window sticker update.  So none of us seem to be getting email updates or our window stickers for those (in production)... called marketing and simply asked the young lady if she could email my copy to me as I wasn't getting updates from Ford.  

Bingo, she came back and said no problem and will be sending it out.  My build day is today and this was a good test to see if things are really moving forward.  (22' Lariat Crewcab dually 4x4)

When did you order and when was your original build date?  Sounds like you could be driving your new truck in a few weeks! 

Congrats!

Just spoke with marketing and she was very helpful. I ordered on 1 April 2021...Build date of 26 July, then 19 July, then 21 July...went into production status on 7 July. She thought it would show as built any day now. At least I can hope so.

3 hours ago, Moosetremor said:

When did you order and when was your original build date?  Sounds like you could be driving your new truck in a few weeks! 

Congrats!

Ordered in March, first build date was 7/19 with delivery 8/16.  Build date moved to the 7/21 then last week back to 7/20.  Delivery date has not budged.

I am getting the feeling I will just get a call one day saying it's in as getting any real data/info on this truck has been like pulling hippopotamus teeth.  I can see the data I want, but Ford is fighting giving it up all the way!

On 7/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, ice-capades said:

Great... another Dealer that either doesn't know what they're doing or can't be bothered to give a customer straight answers and/or the information they require! It's a simple process to save the Vehicle Visibility Report as a .PDF file or to do a screen capture that can be sent as a .JPG file. Also, you can't have a VIN number without an assigned production week and there can't be an ETA either without the assigned production week. 

So does an order have to have been sent to the plant in order for it to show up on the Vehicle Visibility?  I just asked for a copy of my VV, and was told "You do not have a vehicle visibility tab. That only appears when it’s sent to the plant."

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, desperado said:

So does an order have to have been sent to the plant in order for it to show up on the Vehicle Visibility?  I just asked for a copy of my VV, and was told "You do not have a vehicle visibility tab. That only appears when it’s sent to the plant."

Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is another example of a Dealer not knowing what they're doing or just spouting BS because they can't be bother to give a customer the facts! It's not necessary for an order to be "sent to plant" as every order, unscheduled or not, appears in the Vehicle Visibility system as soon as it's placed in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). If it's an unscheduled order it'll show in the Vehicle Visibility system with an "Unscheduled/Clean" status, unless there's a compatibility issue or material hold which would be noted. For scheduled units, it'll show every status update and then all production and shipping updates, etc. 

• Like 1

New here, but I've been following the discussion awhile. We ordered our F450 Lariat in March after our February 2021 order got rejected (no idea what happened to it, a little unclear from the dealership whether Ford didn't accept it or if the dealer messed up, but water under the bridge). We received a confirmation email in early  April. I've been calling regularly to check for a VIN and finally got a VIN last week, called and got a production week of 8/16. Then last night we got an email update from Ford with the same information. It definitely seems they are sending emails if your email was attached to the order! 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Danekoors said:

How do you contact marketing to get additional information? 
I too feel like I am a nag to the dealership asking them for updates. Horrible customer service. I only get service if i drive 1.5 hours to the dealership and walk in !

800-334-4375

On 7/19/2021 at 8:49 PM, Mirage Flatter said:

No doubt if that was my job, I'd make sure I knew how to do everything required to do things correctly, and to the best of my ability.  My point was I didn't grow up with computers, I-Pads, and smartphones like my kids and grandkids have.  This morning I was trying to link a computer to a printer, and after about four tries, it finally occurred to me that the first three digits in the printer number that I was trying to use were for a printer in another town, not the printer across the room from me.  ?

Printers are the worst.  I'm 69 and geeky as all hell.  Retired last year as a commercial fisherman.  I had 17 different screens to look at most all running through computers with different systems (Linux, Mac and mostly PC).  I was able to navigate and troubleshoot my way through all of it, sometimes better than the techs that would come aboard to fix stuff.  Printers for some reason just kick my butt trying to set those things up....hate um.

23 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Printers are the worst.  I'm 69 and geeky as all hell.  Retired last year as a commercial fisherman.  I had 17 different screens to look at most all running through computers with different systems (Linux, Mac and mostly PC).  I was able to navigate and troubleshoot my way through all of it, sometimes better than the techs that would come aboard to fix stuff.  Printers for some reason just kick my butt trying to set those things up....hate um.

could start a whole forum discussion on linking to printers.  I finally had much more success locking the printer to a specific address.  Even then, sometimes a computer will refuse to connect, or even the printer will refuse to connect to the router.  Power cycling will generally fix that, but what a PITA!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paragon said:

??? I am right there with you! (On the printer comment!.....on the computers, well, ummm, I can turn it on!~~~most of the time)?

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR