2022MY Scheduling

51 minutes ago, Chris E said:

Ordered 4-22-21 Priority Code 10 and they said order was still in preview. Disappointed but there is always tomorrow. I’m just glad to see orders being scheduled. Good luck all!

Scheduling is usually done on Thursday's only.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

Ice capades,

I've been assigned a VIN#, but no production date (when I called). Is that a normal scenario?

Just curious,

Thanks!

The production week is assigned at the same time the vehicle is scheduled and the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer can look it up in Vehicle Visibility. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There is no such thing as a "preliminary" order number. 

I said preliminary but the order that I received says preview.  Sorry I used the wrong word.  I have attached the top of the pdf that I received from the dealer.  I have also called the dealer, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Edited by cmk1981

4 minutes ago, cmk1981 said:

I said preliminary but the order that I received says preview.  Sorry I used the wrong word.  I have attached the top of the pdf that I received from the dealer.  I have also called the dealer, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.17.05 PM.png

No problem! Preview is just what the vehicle order display page is labeled in the WBDO system. The one thing I wish Ford would do is include the original order date. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No problem! Preview is just what the vehicle order display page is labeled in the WBDO system. The one thing I wish Ford would do is include the original order date. 

Does the number change from preview to the actual order?  I’m hoping so and I just have the wrong number for my order. 

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No. The order number stays the same for the entire order history. 

Well something is weird. I got a confirmation email from Ford and it seems the order was entered and accepted.  I’m not sure what is going on as the sales code and order code confirmation doesn’t return anything. 

I ordered on 4/09/2021 and I received a VIN and build date of July 21, I also enquired about a $2000 PCO that ford would not except because it did not include 2022 model years. Much to my happiness she checked and said that I have a $2000 PCO that included 2019,2020,2021, and 2022. She even gave me the Cert #. She didn't know if they added the 2022 to the original PCO or if it is a new issue, but they both expire on the same date, July 6, 2021. My guess is that they added the 2022 to the original PCO. So make sure to check the system to see if you have a valid PCO at the time of order. 

37 minutes ago, cmk1981 said:

Well something is weird. I got a confirmation email from Ford and it seems the order was entered and accepted.  I’m not sure what is going on as the sales code and order code confirmation doesn’t return anything. 

You're probably entering the Dealer sales code wrong. Different Ford systems use different versions of the sales code. A Dealer with code 13B200 (Region 13, Zone B, Dealer #200) may need to be entered as 13200 in some programs and F13200 in others. Yeah, you'd think the code would be used the same across programs but it isn't... welcome to the world of Ford!

9 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You're probably entering the Dealer sales code wrong. Different Ford systems use different versions of the sales code. A Dealer with code 13B200 (Region 13, Zone B, Dealer #200) may need to be entered as 13200 in some programs and F13200 in others. Yeah, you'd think the code would be used the same across programs but it isn't... welcome to the world of Ford!

Thanks for the info. I gave them the values directly from the pdf I attached above. Who knows. The lady at customer service is going to do more research tomorrow and call me back. Also, hopefully the dealer calls me back. They are an hour away and I can’t just drive over to talk. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The production week is assigned at the same time the vehicle is scheduled and the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer can look it up in Vehicle Visibility. 

I’m in a similar situation. I called Ford Marketing and they gave me a VIN but said it wasn’t scheduled yet. My dealer said he didn’t even have the VIN yet, that I was getting that info before him, and it still showed unscheduled. The screen shot he sent showed a status of “unscheduled clean”. I am now able look it up with the Ford Order Status page using the VIN and order number. I’m hopeful that the fact that I’ve got a VIN means I’m going to be scheduled soon!

Unrelated... I was also able to add the vehicle to FordPass.

4 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

I’m in a similar situation. I called Ford Marketing and they gave me a VIN but said it wasn’t scheduled yet. My dealer said he didn’t even have the VIN yet, that I was getting that info before him, and it still showed unscheduled. The screen shot he sent showed a status of “unscheduled clean”. I am now able look it up with the Ford Order Status page using the VIN and order number. I’m hopeful that the fact that I’ve got a VIN means I’m going to be scheduled soon!

Unrelated... I was also able to add the vehicle to FordPass.

If you have a VIN number, the vehicle is scheduled! It can't be scheduled without a VIN number and with the VIN number it can't show an "Unscheduled/Clean" status. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you have a VIN number, the vehicle is scheduled! It can't be scheduled without a VIN number and with the VIN number it can't show an "Unscheduled/Clean" status. 

5 minutes after I got the VIN from Ford, I sent an email to my dealer(the sales manager),  and he sent me back this with the note about me getting the info before him. It must just be a delay in the various computer systems?AA7C0B22-626E-4910-AC66-345AE9E75635.thumb.png.6ae517ef59a7f7522b285fe3e27ae2cc.png

43 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

5 minutes after I got the VIN from Ford, I sent an email to my dealer(the sales manager),  and he sent me back this with the note about me getting the info before him. It must just be a delay in the various computer systems?AA7C0B22-626E-4910-AC66-345AE9E75635.thumb.png.6ae517ef59a7f7522b285fe3e27ae2cc.png

Status changes show quickest in the Vehicle Visibility system but may take a short time to propagate through the other related ones. 

• Thanks 1

I got order confirmation email from Ford with priority code 10 on 3/22. No email today but I called and received vin# and build date of July 26th. 7.3L Platinum Tremor.      Ice-capade if the build date holds up, how long after build date does it take to get the truck out west? Month - 6 weeks or more then that.

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

For the New York Region... best availability for scheduling 2022MY Super Duty orders this week is with the 7.3L engine. 

One of the dealers that I talk to about placing an order (About a month and half ago.) said they could only place '22 Pre-Orders for gas motors, no diesel. 

Other than the obvious Chip issues, I wonder if there are any other parts shortages, i.e. Moon Roof, Winch....

6 hours ago, mink said:

I got order confirmation email from Ford with priority code 10 on 3/22. No email today but I called and received vin# and build date of July 26th. 7.3L Platinum Tremor.      Ice-capade if the build date holds up, how long after build date does it take to get the truck out west? Month - 6 weeks or more then that.

Once a vehicle is released for shipping and actually loaded on a rail car, the average transit time is approximately 14 days for delivery. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORCM said:

One of the dealers that I talk to about placing an order (About a month and half ago.) said they could only place '22 Pre-Orders for gas motors, no diesel. 

Other than the obvious Chip issues, I wonder if there are any other parts shortages, i.e. Moon Roof, Winch....

You're either talking to someone at the dealership that doesn't know their business or the Dealer is simply lying to you. Find another Dealer!

When the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens at the beginning of the Model Year, all order configurations, specifications, etc. can be submitted. While there are commodity/option restrictions each week, the commodity issues change each week based on plant restrictions, supplier availability and a number of other factors. Unless your order is in the USOB it has no chance of being scheduled and if you wait for commodity issues, possibly affecting your order, to clear... your order still won't get scheduled because there will be other retail orders ahead of you and take up the Dealer's available scheduling allocation. The original order date can be a determining factor at times in getting an order scheduled. 

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Of course, you were correct. I called Ford Marketing again this morning and they told me I was scheduled for the week of 7/19!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, krugger2 said:

I ordered on 4/09/2021 and I received a VIN and build date of July 21, I also enquired about a $2000 PCO that ford would not except because it did not include 2022 model years. Much to my happiness she checked and said that I have a $2000 PCO that included 2019,2020,2021, and 2022. She even gave me the Cert #. She didn't know if they added the 2022 to the original PCO or if it is a new issue, but they both expire on the same date, July 6, 2021. My guess is that they added the 2022 to the original PCO. So make sure to check the system to see if you have a valid PCO at the time of order. 

Curious how one gets a PCO? 

15 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

Of course, you were correct. I called Ford Marketing again this morning and they told me I was scheduled for the week of 7/19!

So glad to hear that you got the information you required! It so unfortunate that you couldn't get the same information from your Dealer and had to call Ford. In normal times, most customers that place factory orders just wait until the dealership calls them to tell them that their vehicle arrived. It's the enthusiasts that want more information than dealerships provide. It gets very frustrating for me to constantly hear stories about the poor customer service and outright lies that Dealers tell customers. Just give customers the information they request, give them straight answers and you'll earn their respect. 

I used to run a Vehicle Visibility report, showing the updated status, for every retail and fleet order at my dealership which was distributed each morning to the General Manager, Sales Manager, Finance Manager, Fleet Manager and the Fleet Manager. In addition, the information was available to every sales representative each day so that they'd know the status of their customers' orders and could keep them updated. And because I also managed the new vehicle order bank and ordered every stock, retail and fleet vehicle, I often dealt directly with customers to answer questions and advise them of changes to consider in order to expedite scheduling when their original specifications were likely to cause long delays in scheduling. And in cases where the customer couldn't change order specifications, there were contacts I could use to get an order re-prioritized to "01" to expedite scheduling and/or get exceptions made to commodity issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1