2022MY Scheduling

17 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I ordered my 450 Platinum at the end of March. Like others had mentioned, I never received a confirmation e-mail. Yes, checked spam/junk folders. The dealer confirmed my correct e-mail address. 

Fast forward until a few weeks ago, I contacted Ford marketing and was given my VIN and a target build week of July 19. The other day, I sent an e-mail asking the dealer if it does get built that week, about how long does it take to arrive. He replied that he didn't see a July 19 build, but an August 9 build date. Just for kicks, I called marketing again, and they said there was no target build date, but confirmed my VIN and e-mail address again. 

Are the dates being quoted already being pushed around? Does marketing not always have the info?

Yeah, from what I can tell, all dates are fluid, subject to change at a moments notice.

9 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I ordered my 450 Platinum at the end of March. Like others had mentioned, I never received a confirmation e-mail. Yes, checked spam/junk folders. The dealer confirmed my correct e-mail address. 

Fast forward until a few weeks ago, I contacted Ford marketing and was given my VIN and a target build week of July 19. The other day, I sent an e-mail asking the dealer if it does get built that week, about how long does it take to arrive. He replied that he didn't see a July 19 build, but an August 9 build date. Just for kicks, I called marketing again, and they said there was no target build date, but confirmed my VIN and e-mail address again. 

Are the dates being quoted already being pushed around? Does marketing not always have the info?

I ordered 3/22 received vin and build two and a half weeks ago of 7/26 and checked it the other day with dealer and it has moved to 8/9 he looked at the vehicle visibility report and he couldn't see any reason for the change, because I would have drop any small options that I could do after market if it helped, so my guess is your on track with your order. I'm thinking a lot of these early build dates got moved if guy's check it out.

47 minutes ago, mink said:

I ordered 3/22 received vin and build two and a half weeks ago of 7/26 and checked it the other day with dealer and it has moved to 8/9 he looked at the vehicle visibility report and he couldn't see any reason for the change, because I would have drop any small options that I could do after market if it helped, so my guess is your on track with your order. I'm thinking a lot of these early build dates got moved if guy's check it out.

Thanks! That's good to see that what I heard wasn't just erroneous information, but something consistent with others. I'm not surprised one bit about the dates changing/slipping, though I previously hadn't heard it from others. And you're probably right that most people are checking back to see if their original dates had changed. They may be in for a surprise come end of July! 

By the way, I don't believe I had any options, such as a bed liner, that could hold up production, so it's likely just a commodity delay. 

Edited by 2Wheel-Lee
  • Like 1

This is some good formation for everyone on here that has ordered anything from a dealer. There is a lot of folks that post some disappointing information from their Ford marketing experience. I had a pleasant phone call with marketing today that was eye opening on what they are supposed to provide to customers. I have a 22MY F450 Platinum still pending a Vin and scheduling. But I asked the rep a bit more info since she was extremely helpful today. I have had a few calls to marketing and it really depends on who answers the line on the type of customer service you will receive. I have had some that won’t verify or only anything look at the minimum info and others that won’t provide any updates on ordered vehicles. The rep today stated that I can call anytime as long as they can verify who I am (which I recommend everyone go to  Ford.com and set up an account, set up fordpass also, just make sure your email and physical address are the same) they need to verify you by email and mailing address before continuing. I simply provide my order # and my dealers # and they can look up if your vehicle has a Vin and a production date. (And will provide it to you if it is scheduled) If you don’t get someone at marketing being cooperative on providing this (provided they can verify you are the one that placed the order, the key is your email when your dealer ordered your vehicle) hang up and call back, wait until mid to end week to call also might net better results. The number if any one still needs it is 800-334-4375, don’t select any menu options other than your preferred language and then just stay on the line and you will get a live agent eventually, only a few minutes of waiting. Also I found out I had 5 PCOs that expire July 6th, but she told me to call back before taking delivery of my truck and that there could be a new PCO available for my 22MY vehicle.

Edited by ikre8kos4u
  • Like 1

2Wheel-Lee, At least you have your vin so you can verify your options are in the build as ordered. I still have nothing for my F450 platinum that I ordered towards the end of April. But I guess I should expect a vin by the middle of July hopefully.

Edited by ikre8kos4u
Address a member on a topic

I just called Ford Marketing and confirmed what my dealer told me yesterday afternoon, no VIN yet for my order placed 4/5 on a F450 Lariat 6.7 4x4 with sync 4. The marketing rep suggested I have my dealer contact their rep for any addl info. No other info was available. Wish I had more info or better news to report. I really appreciate all the updates and information provided on this forum!! I’ve been following for months but just signed up as a member, nice to be here!! Thx everyone

32 minutes ago, Townado said:

I just called Ford Marketing and confirmed what my dealer told me yesterday afternoon, no VIN yet for my order placed 4/5 on a F450 Lariat 6.7 4x4 with sync 4. The marketing rep suggested I have my dealer contact their rep for any addl info. No other info was available. Wish I had more info or better news to report. I really appreciate all the updates and information provided on this forum!! I’ve been following for months but just signed up as a member, nice to be here!! Thx everyone

Since you have a Sync 4 system these have been suspended on scheduling until further notice. Ice-Capades reported this yesterday from the ford commodity report. I’m going to assume that those that do have VINs for higher level trim packages, received them before the commodity issues were realized. 

16 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Last week Ford sent out the usual weekly commodity report stating that SYNC 4 orders would not be selected for scheduling until further notice. This week, there's no mention about the SYNC 4 status for 2022 Super Duty orders. So, at this point, it's anyone's guess as to what the SYNC 4 situation is!

39 minutes ago, Townado said:

Townado here is the post from Ice that I mentioned earlier.

26 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Since you have a Sync 4 system these have been suspended on scheduling until further notice. Ice-Capades reported this yesterday from the ford commodity report. I’m going to assume that those that do have VINs for higher level trim packages, received them before the commodity issues were realized. 

I just received a VIN and schedule date yesterday. I ordered a Lariat that has sync 4.

20 minutes ago, Island Hopper said:

I was given a vin # on Thursday last week and build date of 7/28/21 yesterday. Called today to see if it changed and now it’s scheduled for 8/2/21. 

F350 Tremor right? What engine and trim?

12 hours ago, Island Hopper said:

I was given a vin # on Thursday last week and build date of 7/28/21 yesterday. Called today to see if it changed and now it’s scheduled for 8/2/21. 

I called too and they gave me the same 8/2 production date

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Once again... The weekly commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I just received a VIN and schedule date yesterday. I ordered a Lariat that has sync 4.

Ford always tries to make exceptions to commodity issues in order to schedule retail orders but it's also possible that the recent SYNC 4 hold has been resolved. Unless I see an update from Ford, there's no way of knowing what the SYNC 4 availability is for unscheduled orders. 

18 hours ago, egibson said:

Order placed 4/6

2022 F-250 Lariat (Sync 4) Tremor, 7.3

Didn’t have a VIN (6/18)

Called marketing today and have a VIN. Dealer confirmed. No build date, but “Scheduled to Week 8/9”.

Initial scheduling provides the VIN number and the scheduled production week. The actual production date is assigned later in the process.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fingerlakes said:

I just talked to my salesman and was told my build date hasn't changed (for now, at least) and order is "sent to plant". But, he couldn't tell me what that meant. So, what does that mean? Thanks

"Sent to Plant" for a scheduled order means that the vehicle is in production. 

35 minutes ago, Fingerlakes said:

Wow, thanks Ice. Original build week was 7/25, hard to believe it's actually being built! 2022 F450 XLT CC 6.7 Premium pkg. and a few other options. Thanks

Assuming of course that your sales representative was giving you the correct information, for the correct vehicle order! You can always ask them to send you a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for confirmation.