2021 Aviator Software startup time

Love my '21 Aviator, except...

The time it takes for all the software, maps, external devices, etc. to "load" after starting the vehicle seems really "over the top" slow.  Sometimes it takes 30-45 seconds for everything to complete, and half the time it doesn't complete in time for it to recognize my ipod on the USB port, so I'm constantly having to switch back to it once it's finally recognized. 

Today, we were on a trip, and I stopped for gas with the navigation system running.  When I restarted after filling up, I made the mistake of attempting to disable auto start/stop (which I despise) before it completed reloading the system, maps and resuming navigation.  This apparently triggered a bug in the software which rendered the touch screen totally unresponsive.  So the next time we stopped, I shut off the car, then restarted it, and still no response from the touch screen.

Finally, I shut off the car, took the key fob and my cell phone and walked away from the car a sufficient distance to get out of range, then returned, restarted the car, and the touch screen started working again.

I had a '19 Nautilus which also was slow to load the software at startup, but nothing like this.

Any Ford engineering folks on this forum who could speak to this?  It sure acts like either an underpowered CPU or an I/O bottleneck of some sort.

I just bought an Aviator and mine is the same. Really annoying and much slower than the 19 Edge I had. Many times, I need to press commands 2-3 times for them to register. I keep losing the Pandora icon every time I use the vehicle. It will connect through my phone, but is better when it operates through Pandora/Lincoln. I'm hoping a software update comes out to fix this stuff.

It is terribly slow compared to other brands on the market.  My 2021 Aviator was that way, my wife's Corsair is and now my new Navigator is that way.  I will say the Corsair and Navigator startup is faster than the Aviator but still slow by industry standards. 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:01 PM, rickbolan said:

Love my '21 Aviator, except...

The time it takes for all the software, maps, external devices, etc. to "load" after starting the vehicle seems really "over the top" slow.  Sometimes it takes 30-45 seconds for everything to complete, and half the time it doesn't complete in time for it to recognize my ipod on the USB port, so I'm constantly having to switch back to it once it's finally recognized. 

Today, we were on a trip, and I stopped for gas with the navigation system running.  When I restarted after filling up, I made the mistake of attempting to disable auto start/stop (which I despise) before it completed reloading the system, maps and resuming navigation.  This apparently triggered a bug in the software which rendered the touch screen totally unresponsive.  So the next time we stopped, I shut off the car, then restarted it, and still no response from the touch screen.

Finally, I shut off the car, took the key fob and my cell phone and walked away from the car a sufficient distance to get out of range, then returned, restarted the car, and the touch screen started working again.

I had a '19 Nautilus which also was slow to load the software at startup, but nothing like this.

Any Ford engineering folks on this forum who could speak to this?  It sure acts like either an underpowered CPU or an I/O bottleneck of some sort.

My 2020 Aviator GT has not had this problem and I’ve had it for over a year now. Generally the startup delay is about 3-4 seconds for the screen to load initially and occasionally I notice a slight delay of about 1-2 seconds to load a specific screen like maps or audio. But I’ve never experienced the kind of delays you’ve mentioned. 

Is your Sync software up to date?  Mine just auto updated itself a month or so ago to version 3.4.20136 so I’m guessing that is the latest version.  (See photo below)

8799D9DE-8CAC-4386-AD83-1D7CE16788B1.jpeg

On 6/5/2021 at 3:14 PM, rampagex7 said:

My 2020 Aviator GT has not had this problem and I’ve had it for over a year now. Generally the startup delay is about 3-4 seconds for the screen to load initially and occasionally I notice a slight delay of about 1-2 seconds to load a specific screen like maps or audio. But I’ve never experienced the kind of delays you’ve mentioned. 

My 2020 GT hasn't had this problem either... a few seconds at start up and fast touchscreen response.

Edited by CoolScoop