SiriusXM question

Not exactly Ford related-but had a question-

Do they offer a "pause" on current accounts you have with them? Reason I ask is I'm most likely selling my SHO in the next few weeks since I barely drive anymore due to my work situation and we can get by on one car til my Bronco shows up. Plus Ford has a three month subscription on new purchases, so I figured I'd could save myself some cash til that runs out.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just cancel and then sign up again when you’re ready to resume.  I don’t think there is any penalty.

SiriusXM's customer service is horrible and they should offer subscription options online, including pause or cancellation, but instead they force customers to call them. All the TV streaming services (Hulu, Paramount+, etc.) all customers to make changes online including pause or cancellation. And if you cancel, they'll send you an offer a few months later with another free trial to get you back.  

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

SiriusXM's customer service is horrible and they should offer subscription options online, including pause or cancellation, but instead they force customers to call them. All the TV streaming services (Hulu, Paramount+, etc.) all customers to make changes online including pause or cancellation. And if you cancel, they'll send you an offer a few months later with another free trial to get you back.  

That's done on purpose.  They want you to call to cancel so they can try to keep you from cancelling.  They're also counting on a lot of folks not bothering or forgetting to call to cancel.  It's a terrible business model from a customer service perspective but it may be effective for them financially.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

That's done on purpose.  They want you to call to cancel so they can try to keep you from cancelling.  They're also counting on a lot of folks not bothering or forgetting to call to cancel.  It's a terrible business model from a customer service perspective but it may be effective for them financially.

Agreed. A terrible business model. 

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Just cancel and then sign up again when you’re ready to resume.  I don’t think there is any penalty.

There's not. Every now and then I'll sign up when I can get it at a reasonable price. I use a virtual credit card with a monthly limit that's just above the "promotional" price, so when the promo ends and they jack the rates (seriously, I won't pay Netflix $15/month, so why would I pay that much for radio?), the charges are automatically declined. Eventually they give up and cut off the service. A few months later they'll offer the promotional rate again and there'll be something I want to hear, so I'll sign up again, and the cycle starts over again.

If you sign up online, you're supposed to be able to cancel online, but I signed up online and they tell me I have to call. To hell with that. The promotional price is about what I think the product is worth, so if they'd just leave it there, I'd just keep paying it, but they won't, and they want me to play games I'm not willing to play, so here we are.

tl;dr: SiriusXM has a terrible business model, but it doesn't cost you anything to cancel and start up again later. In fact, they'll cut you a pretty decent deal if you're gone long enough.

• Like 2

The special deals used to just expire after the time period and not roll over.  Now they continue on a month to month basis.  An oil change at the local quick lane is often good for a 3 month trial with no obligation.  It was 3 months of their streaming service since my old F150 was pre-SiriusXM the last time I went in.