Installation of chips

If your ordered Super Duty is setting at the Speedway can anyone tell me how ford is installing the chips ? Are they doing it at the speedway or taking them back to the factory ? I was reading the speedway is an hour away when i get the truck I don't want mileage on it .

• Haha 1

Not an issue with who ever puts it in the truck. The issue is the chip. Will it be produced so fast to replenish the demand there will be no quality assurance ? Why if the Dealers are going to put them in, the trucks that are sold are not shipped to the Dealer instead of setting ?

I doubt very much that Ford's going to start shipping vehicles with microchips to be installed at the dealership. There's just too much risk of the chips being stolen if they're in the vehicle but not installed. And if they're going to have dealerships install chips, they'll ship the chips separately, directly to the dealership, for installation in the assigned VIN number.   

• Like 6