2022 Factory Puck Sysytem

1 hour ago, Ford truck guy said:

After reading the 2022 info found here, Am I to believe that the F350 SD has NOT changed anything with the bed/frame/puck system??   Is it safe to ASSUME that a Hitch that fits into a 2021 would still fit into the 2022 puck system?

It it's not on the spec sheet, then It's not safe to assume that.  It would be dumb to change it though.  Mid-July, there will be people who can measure and tell you.  My rule of thumb, don't order if it can't be returned.

1 hour ago, Baddestt said:

Recall on the 2020/2021 puck system. So the 2022 will already come with the reinforcement upgrades, and therefore maybe different than previous year models.

I have a 2020 and not aware of that recall ???   I use my puck system with my B & W Companion 20k... 

My buddy has a 2022 on order and has the chance now to get a Companion from a 2021 - cheap.....  he wants to jump on it before it goes away.. 

Edited by Ford truck guy

Ford isn't going to change the puck system from 21 to 22 MY. 

As for the F350 hitch bracket recall that only effected 1700 trucks. Owners got notices. Apparently the bracket on the left side was improperly heated during the forming process and  is prone to cracking. There is nothing wrong with the puck system from an engineering stand point and no changes are being made.

Relax. 

I emailed B&W and they have no information about Ford's 2022 puck system yet. I have a F350 on order and I am waiting for Ford/dealership to confirm there are no changes to the system. Even though I'd like to pounce on good deals, I am waiting. I can't tow anything without the truck anyway!

On 6/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, KCinNC said:

I emailed B&W and they have no information about Ford's 2022 puck system yet. I have a F350 on order and I am waiting for Ford/dealership to confirm there are no changes to the system. Even though I'd like to pounce on good deals, I am waiting. I can't tow anything without the truck anyway!

i took the risk and bought the hitch ahead of time.  I didn't want to get to receiving my truck and not be able to get the hitch

46 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

Which one did you get?

After talking to a lot of people, B&W.

I ran the Anderson past a commercial truck driver friend, and he said, how do you think that hitch would have done in (his) recent accident.  He was forced off the road and hit a ditch head on and stopped his truck RIGHT NOW.  In his opinion, even with an RV, that accident, trailer would have broken free from an Anderson and the trailer coming through the cab.  He shared several photos on the net where Anderson gave way.  A co-worker has the Hitch you can get from Ford, his opinion, is that it is ok, but he had wished he had gotten B&W.  Only complaint about B&W (which is US Mfg), is that it's HEAVY.  Head unit is pretty easy to take off, IF YOU GREASE THE RUBBER PIECES.  Guess who put the head on without reading ALLLLL the instructions?  LOL

I bought it from eTrailer.  For fun, I checked with Gander Mtn, and even with my Sam's discount, it was a couple hundred more expensive, and then they wanted $250 to assemble it too!!!

Road turtle:  The Ford one is Anderson, I believe. I too read that the B&W hitch was excellent. It was eTrailer that warned me that they could not guarantee the hitch would be compatible with 2022 Fords. They are good people and have good prices. Do you have your 2022 Ford already?????? 

11 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

Road turtle:  The Ford one is Anderson, I believe. I too read that the B&W hitch was excellent. It was eTrailer that warned me that they could not guarantee the hitch would be compatible with 2022 Fords. They are good people and have good prices. Do you have your 2022 Ford already?????? 

GRRRR

2022 are not in production yet.  I ordered mine on 3/15, then on 5/24 the #$%^%&$%# dealer pulled a bone headed move that forced the clock to get reset to 5/24 and then again 6/5 when they un did their bone headed move.

Ford unit is not Anderson hitch, I believe it's the Reese hitch.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only “major” changes to 22MY is interior tech upgrades along with some paint choice changes, appearance packages etc. Everything else about the super duty’s is the same as the previous MY. Page 1 of the 22MY ordering guide does not address any changes to the puck system. I know there was a recall recently that should probably be addressed going forward, but that is all isolated under the bed with how the system connects to the truck frame.

68CDB48C-C065-405B-B81E-B4EC5B462D5A.png

Edited by ikre8kos4u

On 6/23/2021 at 6:49 AM, ikre8kos4u said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only “major” changes to 22MY is interior tech upgrades along with some paint choice changes, appearance packages etc. Everything else about the super duty’s is the same as the previous MY. Page 1 of the 22MY ordering guide does not address any changes to the puck system. I know there was a recall recently that should probably be addressed going forward, but that is all isolated under the bed with how the system connects to the truck frame.

Correct, I don't think ford has changed the dimensions of the puck system since they started installing them in 2011.

• Like 1