Toyota Announcements - Corolla Cross hybrid, bZ4Xyzabcdefg Concept, next Lexus NX shown soon

rmc523

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/02/toyota-news-roundup/

Corolla Cross I believe was already shown, but it'll get a hybrid for '23 or '24.

2022_Toyota_Corolla_Cross_Celestite_001

Toyota continues their bizarro design language with the bZ4Xyzabcdefg concept (actually just bZ4X) - their first BEV concept  I think it looks terrible:

Toyota bZ4X BEV Concept

Toyota bZ4X BEV Concept

Toyota bZ4X BEV Concept

The next Lexus NX will debut June 11.  They will copy everyone else/Lincoln with the full width lightbar and spelling out the full name.

lexus-nx-preview.jpg

Plus some other tidbits about Tacoma TRD and Supra

6 hours ago, markfnc said:

What's the difference between this and a Rav4?  (size wise)

The Corolla Cross is supposedly smaller, somehow slotting between the C-HR and Rav4.

The BEV thing I think is about the size of Rav4.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:48 AM, rmc523 said:

Toyota continues their bizarro design language with the bZ4Xyzabcdefg concept (actually just bZ4X)

Not arguing that the looks are an 'acquired taste', but it also cannot be convincingly argued that their "bizarro design language" is having any negative effect on their sales.

7 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Not arguing that the looks are an 'acquired taste', but it also cannot be convincingly argued that their "bizarro design language" is having any negative effect on their sales.

I honestly don't think most people look past the badge.

1 hour ago, silverboost said:

Toyota keeps their cars in the stone age with the tech inside....I still can't wrap my head around why they don't step up their game on the technology.

Toyota's infotainment technology has features similar to most other incumbent automakers. Fortunately, the 2 Toyotas mentioned in this thread don't use that stupid touchpad that some Lexus models do. Don't know if the new Lexus NX will finally get rid of that system.

Edited by rperez817

On 6/3/2021 at 4:09 AM, markfnc said:

What's the difference between this and a Rav4?  (size wise)

Corolla Cross is Toyota's competitor against Bronco Sport, XV, CX-30, Compass, Rogue Sport, Taos etc.

RAV4 is Toyota's competitor against Escape, Forester, CX-5, Cherokee, Rogue, Tiguan etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Toyota's infotainment technology has features similar to most other incumbent automakers. Fortunately, the 2 Toyotas mentioned in this thread don't use that stupid touchpad that some Lexus models do. Don't know if the new Lexus NX will finally get rid of that system.

Had an Avalon rental last week, and I found the infotainment to look dated.

And the car would not stop beeping lol - go to get out of the car 800 beeps.  Open a door 5 beeps.  Don't immediately put your seatbelt on and the car moves a bit?  Ear piercing non-stop beeping.  

On 6/7/2021 at 4:02 PM, rperez817 said:

Fortunately, the 2 Toyotas mentioned in this thread don't use that stupid touchpad that some Lexus models do. Don't know if the new Lexus NX will finally get rid of that system.

New Lexus NX finally dumps the touchpad. The new generation Lexus Interface multimedia system is controlled by voice command, screen, and/or knobs/buttons.

2022-lexus-nx350h-110-1623086993.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2021 at 12:25 AM, rmc523 said:

Had an Avalon rental last week  

Late breaking news from Toyota. The American Toyota Avalon will be discontinued after 2022 model year. Production of the Chinese version made by Tianjin FAW Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. will continue. Toyota Avalon sedan to be dropped after 2022 model year | Automotive News (autonews.com)

Edited by rperez817

18 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Late breaking news from Toyota. The American Toyota Avalon will be discontinued after 2022 model year. Production of the Chinese version made by Tianjin FAW Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. will continue. Toyota Avalon sedan to be dropped after 2022 model year | Automotive News (autonews.com)

Anyone with any sense saw this coming a mile away. I get the feeling the Maxima is the next dead car rolling. 

• 1 year later...